im dutch, afaik its the americans that cant use c2p
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

The problem is that KK only - and can only - work on NC in their spare time as they are contracted to work on BP.
    Contributions for outside office hours work could run foul of the developer's contracts, tax laws or a myriad of other legal issues.

If it is possible, then I would be up for it though.

The good old hamper is still an option...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    The problem is that KK only - and can only - work on NC in their spare time as they are contracted to work on BP.
    how do you know this? the problem is that they don't answer questions like that. I know from my business classes that the primary objective of any company is to continue existing (not making short term money), so from a business perspective, working only on BP seems like a very bad decision. That said, due to Kirk utterly ignoring us yet again, we can only speculate, but not state things like they are facts.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

ye I meant that as well, it doesn't say they can't, it just says it's not that simple. Being only paid to work on bp is kind of obvious... who would pay them to work on neocron? the point in development is to develop your own software, for future reward.

I could be misinterpreting, but seems to say that KK is being contracted to work on BP by those funding them, and they wouldn't want them working on a project that are not paying for - and one that has no current revenue for either them or KK- during work hours.

I wonder if we launched a Kickstart project or something, how many pledges we could get.

I reckon with all the NC fans, we'd be able to pull a decent investment together.

KK won't be working full-time on BP forever...
    “Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest swordfighter in the world.”

i was thinking the very same thing, Badass. but it would be kinda obvious that the kickstart project would be for NC3. No NC 2.2 patch/balance/update would be included in this project.

We would need someone to set up something like a trust or a llc that the kickstarter project would fund which in turn could be used to either purchase equity in KK (unlikely) or buy a bunch of shares (is KK on any exchange? and are they willing to issue shares if needed)

Quote Originally Posted by CrushOr
    We would need someone to set up something like a trust or a llc that the kickstarter project would fund which in turn could be used to either purchase equity in KK (unlikely) or buy a bunch of shares (is KK on any exchange? and are they willing to issue shares if needed)
    as far as I can tell, Kirk owns the majority of the company (which afaik is why he's ceo), gamigo owns a small percentage, and the company that got them out of the insolvency prolly owns the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    as far as I can tell, Kirk owns the majority of the company (which afaik is why he's ceo), gamigo owns a small percentage, and the company that got them out of the insolvency prolly owns the rest.
    its a little bit more than a small percentage. forgive me for not knowing the exact amount but i "think" its a sizeable chunk maybe even close to 30%
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

ye, i just meant not a majority, they dont own KK, can't tell it what to do unless they have a specific contract.

Here.

And here.

Which basically means gamigo has a degree of board control over KK and can take BP away from them at a moment's notice.... so they pretty much have to do what they're told or they go out of business.

think being able to take it away would depend on what contract they have with concerns to the development, but ye, it means KK has no control over it.

(Which as far as I'm concerned makes betting it all on that one horse, which they dont even control anymore, is stupid, they're working on a game that's not theirs, yet have a promising future cashcow which they don't support properly)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast