Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

It's a possible idea, but I'd be hesitant to contribute, as KK have a history of doing most of the work, but not actually implementing it. So I'd want to see something with some certainty done along these lines:

1. Community come up with a list of things they want doing
    2. Agreed list is sent to KK
    3. KK come back with how much of that is actually achievable, with a sensible price
    4. Community raise the cash and provide
    5. KK actually do the work agreed, regardless of if it works out costing them slightly less or more than the quote

Of course, this might not be possible at all. If the entire company is contracted to work for Gamigo, then there's nobody available to be paid for other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster

1. Community come up with a list of things they want doing

This is where your plan fails.
    I'm sorry but Neocron2 hit a wall because Reakktor actually listened to what people wanted, we ended up with.. this version of the game.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Neallys
    This is where your plan fails.
    I'm sorry but Neocron2 hit a wall because Reakktor actually listened to what people wanted, we ended up with.. this version of the game.
    I think by that CMaster means a list of Community priorities rather than a list of specifics.

Things like:
    • Anti-cheat patch
    • New content
    • PvE Fixes/Improvements

The idea makes sense, especially if we're only going to get a very limited about of developer time.

Short answer: Yes, sure.

Long answer: I would even pay the original fee again just to have Neocron around, even in the current lousy, butchered state just for the sake of having at least one MMO left that truly offers choices. Yes, with SWG gone for good soon, I am really that desperate. Others are not that desperate, and their suggestions and demands are what should be taken into account by KK when it comes to payment / donations / whatever. Just saying that I would pay even the original fee again regardless.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Yeah, I don't mean, "Slasher RoF adjusted by 5%"
    I mean something like:
    • Prevention/detection of all known cheats
    • Removal/Detection of known exploits (where practical, safespotting isn't going to get fixed without a deep combat overhaul)
    • Minor rebalancing (something crude along the lines of reducing the burst weapon bonus slightly, doubling vehicle weapon damage)
    • Only if availableImplementation of any effectively completed but unavailable content

Thought it was obvious enough this has to be fixed ASAP.
    But I doubt a patch will fix everything, although detection of false clients connecting throughout Neocron would help a lot.

That and PvE yeah, excellent point.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

I'm with brammers.. nothing in this thread needs to be discussed until we have some real answers from kirk.

wishful thinking is not something i contribute in.. cold hard fact and progress is what im looking for.
    The ONE!! The ONLY!! Invinci!!

I already pay about 5 a month subscription for Neocron but I'd be glad to donate more, love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley003
    I already pay about 5 a month subscription for Neocron but I'd be glad to donate more, love this game.
    ah, someone else who can actually demand answers since he's actually paying for it
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    ah, someone else who can actually demand answers since he's actually paying for it
    Does nobody else actually pay monthly then? 'Cause I've heard people say that it's free to play but I've always paid monthly.

i havent paid for a few years. But I can only use paypal so even if I wanted to I couldn't.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    i havent paid for a few years. But I can only use paypal so even if I wanted to I couldn't.
    So it depends on how you buy the game? I bought it online for 20 through Pay By Cash and PayPal in PBC and still have to pay 5 a month.

I mean I don't really mind, the game is worth more than 5 a month.

no the C2P is a pain in the ass for non EU ppl! So US forbids the use of Click2Play because of online gaming (or something like that), Paypal was used to avoid this issue for non EU. ever since ex-KK onwer went insolvent paypal decided to cut their money entry, so KK made the game free for paypal subscribers only.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    no the C2P is a pain in the ass for non EU ppl! So US forbids the use of Click2Play because of online gaming (or something like that), Paypal was used to avoid this issue for non EU. ever since ex-KK onwer went insolvent paypal decided to cut their money entry, so KK made the game free for paypal subscribers only.
    Ah, so only non-Europeans actually don't pay? Even in England C2P doesn't work which made making my account a fair bit harder, I believe it only works or only works properly in Germany, correct me if I'm wrong. :P

Not really, i'm german and my subscription got canceled quite some time ago and i can still log in.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast