Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Your Favorite Mob?

Having a serious nostalgia trip recently based on Neocron has had me thinking of all sorts of NC things, particularly the fun I used to have leveling up and what I fought along the way.

Neocron has some awesome monsters, sure the graphics are old and grey but the designs of some of the decade old monster models are sweet.

I think my favorite mob would have to be the Launcher Cyclops. The model is cool, the monster concept is cool and if that mob was rendered and textured using modern technology it would be pretty hideous to look at. In a good way, obviously.

D'awww look at the little guy. He just wants to be loved.

I remember hiding in the corner of the Military Base bunker as a noob, listening to the Launchers outside with their occasional speech sound effect fearing for my life. It was terrifying when one of them tried to squeeze through the door to come get you!

What more could you want, a guy who's so radiated and mutated his legs and arms fell off - so someone grafted on a hover platform and a rocket launcher the size of his torso. Talk about quality of life!

What's your favorite Neocron Monster?

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

DoY Assault Unit MkII

Seriously, I'm not so sure. Probably one of the robotic mobs of some form - was initially thinking Juggernauts, but I think I just like the facility - the warbot design as a whole is a bit weak. Although the apparition is also kind of cool because of how it fucks with your head.

Oh, in before lots of posts just saying "Drom"

Trouble is most mobs I saw for the first time in Neocron has had me a) Running for my life or b) Paying an expensive fee at a genrep.

Not sure which is my most favorite mob to be honest. Think it has to be the Warbot, for giving me all those techs in sector J05
    Last edited by Brammers; 30-08-11 at 21:27.

Always liked Doomreapers for some reason....

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    DoY Assault Unit MkII
    The one mob I was terrified of! He murdered you from the shadows...

hehe i actually started on a launcher cyclops high res model, for fun, animation or 3dprinting
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Love the MB region; Launchers & Warbots. Hunting launchers at the bunker with a team of 12, then all ganging up on the warbot was great fun. I love that whole area

Quote Originally Posted by Tratos
    STUFF
    PS - Hi Q (you'll always be Q to me...)

Very long time no speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    hehe i actually started on a launcher cyclops high res model, for fun, animation or 3dprinting
    Doooooo it

I also quite like some of the random named mobs like the giant lizard which lives somewhere in the I sectors and is still like 24/24 even though he's unique. Random stuff like that makes exploration well worth it.

Swamp shamans are cool too, although that's based 100% on the fact he sounds like he's saying "Moreee teeaaa?" when he groans.

PS Hi Fang I'm still Q to most people! I totally need to get back into the game, installing the client when I get my freshly reformatted PC to access my bloody network storage.

It's been a very long time since I spoke to a lot of the FLUX crew good to see you're back (again, again, again ) even if it's just on the boards!

Doooooo it

I also quite like some of the random named mobs like the giant lizard which lives somewhere in the I sectors and is still like 24/24 even though he's unique. Random stuff like that makes exploration well worth it.

Swamp shamans are cool too, although that's based 100% on the fact he sounds like he's saying "Moreee teeaaa?" when he groans.

PS Hi Fang I'm still Q to most people! I totally need to get back into the game, installing the client when I get my freshly reformatted PC to access my bloody network storage.

It's been a very long time since I spoke to a lot of the FLUX crew good to see you're back (again, again, again ) even if it's just on the boards!
    I'm in game from time to time; slowly levelling up a spy. Very slowly though!

I never really left anyway; just had a break. I bet I've checked these boards every day for the past 3-4 years

Doooooo it
    Atm too busy modelling for the ceres project, but if more people are interested I can look into the legal aspect of doing some statues
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Who did that video with that red Chaincraft model and a launcher cyclop saying "Raawwwwrrr, cmon..."

I love this cute little Mech bots. Dont remember the name and too busy to check it out. :P

btw: wasnt the DoY Assault Unit MkII the one which oneshots a whole fullbuffed team? Or do you mean that ambulance looking thing?
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Back for the moment

Fang empty PM inbox plens! Also get on skype occasionally

PM inbox empty; and I am always on Skype...

I wonder if you have my old login...
    Will PM it you

Random stuff like that makes exploration well worth it.
    I recently did a bit of Warbot hunting in J_02; simply for the fact that I hadn't done any in ages. Not being as profitable as fire mobbing and more dangerous, I decided to go back to the steppes.
    However, I was on my quad, so I decided, rather than simply GR over, I'd drive there, along the roads. Hunting as I went.
    I went west, turning north in I_06, around to the north of Emmerson. Exploring the little ruined villages, outposts and towers, hacking the boxes in each. I realised the road was a dead-end at the OP, so I hopped over to Avenger, through the mountains and down the other side.
    I took a pit-stop at The Twister to repair the quad as it had been badly damaged while being used as cover from Warbots and Sentry Spiders.
    Unfortunately a few sectors later while examining what I thought was an RN station (turns out was the signpost to a fallout shelter), a hoverbot that was obscured by the tree canopy fried my arse and I had to get poked and walk back to the quad from El Farid. Eventually I came down the road down the hill on the north-west of Blackhill and on towards my usual hunting ground.

Took a lot longer, but quite fun. I'm actually tempted to stop using GRs now, and walk/drive everywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast