Default Dear KK (Kirk); please, please do something.

Specifically, anything at all.

I'm probably wasting my proverbial breath writing this, but I feel obliged to tell you how disappointed I am with your utter lack of updates and basic common courtesy. I would appreciate it if the remaining moderator(s?) could leave this thread open, as nothing I have said so far, or am about to say is untrue.

I recently read a thread on a certain gaming website, whereby a number of people were screaming out for a Cyberpunk MMORPG. I was astounded by the responses. For the most part, the thread was filled with people in agreement, asking that same question; 'Why is there no cyberpunk MMO?'

I stepped up, of course, and said, 'Why... there is! Not only is it a cyberpunk MMORPG, it is also the best MMORPG I have ever had the pleasure of playing! You should all go and give it a try, despite its age. The world really is that immersive, and the PvP is the best around'.

Sure, I came across as a bit of a fanboy, but that's because I am. This game deserves fanboys. All of us that played 9 years ago that are still lurking are, in fact, fanboys. Anyone that says otherwise is likely bereft of the basic intellect required to breathe in and out, and thus arguing with me will likely only demonstrate this fact.

Anyway, I digress...

Surprisingly, despite me coming across as 'quite the fanboy', a number (double figures) of forum members actually wanted to try the game, and asked for the URL. I gave it to them, of course. Didn't I look the outrageous twat when said 'best MMORPG I have ever had the pleasure of playing' wouldn't allow new account sign-ups. I understand this is still the case (correct me if I am wrong).

So, that's almost twenty (and no less than ten) potential new players turned away at the door from one person's efforts; namely, mine. Let's do some basic math on that, shall we? If the current PEAK time player base is 40-50 (we'll use 40 as the example), and 20 more players were to join, that's a whopping increase of 50% of the peak time player base.

FIFTY-FUCKING-PERCENT.

What would that lead to? Well, I know for certain it'd lead to potential returning players seeing 7% and thinking 'Hmm, maybe things are picking up', and logging in; thus turning said 7% into 8, 9, or even 10% and beyond. What do we have then? A Neocron worth playing (when patch 175 hits, of course, but I will cover that later).

So anyway... I decided to have a quick scan around a few other forums for posts in the past 12 months from people wanting to try Neocron, and found a few on the extremely popular (and arguably piss-poor) MMORPG.com.

Here are a few of the quotes from the thread, from this year:

I have always been interestedin this game and curious how the free to play works etc.. so if you want to send me a PM with account info it might be fun..
    I really would be pleased
    - referring to someone offering to set up an account for him, which never happened.
    I could use an account. Can make it any user / pass just shoot me a PM.
    i'll take an account!
    I used to play this game about 5-6 years ago. Is it still running? If so, I would like an account if someone is able to throw me one. Kinda miss the environment.
    I'll appreciate an account.
    Many thanks.
    I could use an account , sounds good to play
    I would like an account if this is still being offered. had an account years ago, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore
    It is important to point out, at this stage, that there were no replies to these posts. These are another bunch of people that wanted to try the game but were turned away at the door.

A quick Google search revealed more and more people wanting to try this GEM of a game, and failing.

Why am I posting all this?

Two reasons.

One; I give a shit. Clearly, and undeniably more than you do.

Two; these are just a handful of examples of people that want to play this game, but can't. That's sad in itself.

I wish my rant ended here, but it doesn't. So.. on to my next point.

What the hell is going on?

Over a year ago, the ReaKKtor development team attempted to finally fix the obvious issues we've had for years with hackers. Shock!!! I said it. That's right, players cheating by modifying client-side files, and even using aimbots as seen on Youtube, and a certain German hackers site that I will not list, for fear of having this section edited. I almost forgot to mention the portable Gogus. Pfft.

What happened?

A clusterfuck of a failure happened, of course. The patch was utter trash, and there was no explanation as to why it was utter trash. Instead, the servers were rolled back to what we're playing now, which is of course 'Hacker-friendly' Neocron.

What's the last we heard on the situation?

In JULY 2010, Chenoa said:

The DEVs decided to bring the server back to #168, be sure, they know why and what to do.
    They're still working on it and will bring the new patch online as soon as possible. Until then we have to wait.
    We're still waiting.

In fairness to the team, Kirk Lenke did come along and say;

I read the forums and believe it or not I am also not that happy with the current status NC is in. AND there was/is a reason we could not fix the patch as promised
    My response to this, Kirk, is that whatever the reason may be, it should have been overcome by now. It's been a year.

Kirk then went on to say:

I still have the hope that the "Somehowf#!$up-Patch" can be delivered in Q1 2011 so that NC will be more fun to play instead of playing "who exploits best".

When the patch is out and running well, we will hire more GMs again.

Best,
    Kirk
    It's mid-way through Q3 Kirk. Any update?

Then along came the whole NC3 teaser. Not a single word about that since you announced your plans to start on it.

What drives me insane about all this, is that it is all fixable, simple stuff. It is well within your power to fix this stuff... it has to be. There must be a way you can find the time for one or two of your developers to put two weeks into NC, the patch, and the shitty, half-arsed sign up system. Who knows, maybe the game will actually be worth playing if you patch it to 175 at long last.

I have no idea who's calling the shots over there, Kirk, so if it's not you, please forward this on to whomever is.

Really KK, at times I think that if brains were chocolate bars, yours would be labelled "Fun Size".

/end rant.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 08-09-11 at 18:17. Reason: Links to important posts.

<3 Loki

Theyre to busy dumping investor dollars into there love child/cash scam crapprophecy.

I am sure this will fall onto def ears, I gave up pvping over A year ago I just log on time to time to do some pve character development mainly quests/runs and chat to A couple of buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    <3 Loki

Theyre to busy dumping investor dollars into there love child/cash scam crapprophecy.
    I appreciate the sentiment dude, and I am inclined to agree.

I just thought it was worth one final attempt.

A valiant effort that will fall on deaf ears.

so far, the only times we've ever gotten a response is when the topic was brought up on the black prophecy forums (afraid of people finding out just how bad a company KK really is), every single post by kirk can be related to someone bringing it up on the black prophecy forums.

In the past I'd thought that most of the mods and GMs were at least looking out for some of our interests, but they aren't even reading these forums anymore, let alone giving us the things they promised. (For example, 11 months ago Chenoa also promised a big series of events which never happened, even though multiple people volunteered services for both translations and content).

And the bad thing is, they can't even say we're doing something against the rules, because we are simply stating facts... It's a sad day indeed if the biggest troll against a company is simply stating a few simple facts about them.

-edit: added info, with click2pay it's still possible for non-US people to get a working account. Simply accept the playing, but cancel the payment after you've made your account, and you should be able to play without paying (or possibly paying for the game itself). Another option is to buy one of the still many cd boxsets around, which will force KK to actually open an account for you as you paid for it, in the uk they are generally sold for around a pound.
    Last edited by Biglines; 17-08-11 at 01:07.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure you all know by now Reakktor has never been a huge company. I would love to be able to speak on behalf of the company and give you an update on the state of affairs, but I have no new information and I'm not the "community manager". When I am online I am responding to email tickets; that is my responsibility.

I just want to say something, not as me, but as an adult, with bills and kids. In life you need money. Everything you want and need requires it. This is an ugly truth about this industry as well. Not to be a dirty capitalist here, but game development costs money, no one works for free, no ones time is free. There needs to be revenue period.

Now back to being me - I have never seen a community so dedicated and passionate and interested in all aspects of a game like I see with Neocron folks. Do not think you are ignored, even if someone doesn't take the time to respond directly to you, people do read the forum and they do value you. Not only for your opinions but your evident love for Neocron in spite of your frustration. You need to realise that the lack of interaction may not come from a place of neglect but a place of frustration on the other end as well - wanting desperately to do the things that would please you, but not having the ability at this juncture because there are other things on the front hob.

Do not stop emailing us, do not stop giving us suggestions, do not stop pointing us to flaws and faults. Do always be passionate and vigilant and know that someone is watching, reading, and being enlightened by your words.

I can't promise you anything, I can't give you anything other than support, but I just wanted to respond because I feel you deserved something from someone, even if it's just me ^^

thank you for giving a reply. It really really gladdens me that someone from KK takes the time to at least try to give an honest answer, and to respond to our concerns with honesty and regret, and without empty promises. Seeing the time it isn't even on company time, so doubly thanks for taking personal time to do something nice.

Regretfully I do want to make another point to the rest of KK:

It doesn't take that much money to make a sticky which explains the valid ways of making new accounts. It doesn't take much money to take a few hours to go through the signup process and add a few notes explaining the different charges and how they are different now.

It also doesn't take any money to post a simple post explaining that you have run into problems (no need to even specify them) and that you won't make it to fullfil your promises. But no, instead of a simple post explaining it's not going to happen, we are utterly and completely ignored, except your explanation now, which I take it to be not originated from the company, but from your good will, probably not even on company time.

It has taken more than a year and hundreds of requests for more information, to get even this message.

We don't want promises and updates of all the new things that are supposedly happening (like that imaginary work on nc3), we know you don't care for neocron atm and are focussed on salvaging black prophecy. All we want is the respect to at least be kept somewhat in the loop, and not to be lied to right into our faces. Be honest and don't make empty promises, even if it means you only have sad news.

You are losing customers every single day simply by losing all the credibility and goodwill as a responsible development company. This is sad, because even though it's been a while, you did bring us one of the best games in history back in 2002/2003.
    Last edited by Biglines; 17-08-11 at 11:16.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    Regretfully I do want to make another point to the rest of KK:

It doesn't take that much money to make a sticky which explains the valid ways of making new accounts. It doesn't take much money to take a few hours to go through the signup process and add a few notes explaining the different charges and how they are different now.

It also doesn't take any money to post a simple post explaining that you have run into problems (no need to even specify them) and that you won't make it to fullfil your promises. But no, instead of a simple post explaining it's not going to happen, we are utterly and completely ignored, except your explanation now, which I take it to be not originated from the company, but from your good will, probably not even on company time.

It has taken more than a year and hundreds of requests for more information, to get even this message.

We don't want promises and updates of all the new things that are supposedly happening (like that imaginary work on nc3), we know you don't care for neocron atm and are focussed on salvaging black prophecy. All we want is the respect to at least be kept somewhat in the loop, and not to be lied to right into our faces. Be honest and don't make empty promises, even if it means you only have sad news.

You are losing customers every single day simply by losing all the credibility and goodwill as a responsible development company. This is sad, because even though it's been a while, you did bring us one of the best games in history back in 2002/2003.
    /signed

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Arrow

^^ 0190-xxx plz hold the line.... - haha phone-joke, nothing more...
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

I just tried to reactivate. I remember why I haven't done so before. It tells me I only ever had a trial account and wants to charge me €25 before kindly giving me my remaining 21 days free play and then charging me €5 p/m.

I've still got the original case/disc at home and played bc2 (although summit happened with my xfers and I remember losing A LOT of stuff!

If someone tells me how to get my account working I would still log in. I miss nc. I miss my pain easer. And I really miss having prod (PE) in his anti rad suit wielding an artefact first love damn druggy he was!

did you play nc2? then just log in to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigious
    I just tried to reactivate. I remember why I haven't done so before. It tells me I only ever had a trial account and wants to charge me €25 before kindly giving me my remaining 21 days free play and then charging me €5 p/m.

I've still got the original case/disc at home and played bc2 (although summit happened with my xfers and I remember losing A LOT of stuff!

If someone tells me how to get my account working I would still log in. I miss nc. I miss my pain easer. And I really miss having prod (PE) in his anti rad suit wielding an artefact first love damn druggy he was!
    I think I remember you!

Did you play on Uranus?

It seems Danae has made a sticky at the top of this forum regarding accounts.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

If you ever had an NC2 account, it should be free now.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    It seems Danae has made a sticky at the top of this forum regarding accounts.

Which feels like a freaking joke.
    We are not asking about the current BS system.
    We are most likely asking to open Neocron to public?

'THE HELL!
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    I am pretty sure you all know by now Reakktor has never been a huge company. I would love to be able to speak on behalf of the company and give you an update on the state of affairs, but I have no new information and I'm not the "community manager". When I am online I am responding to email tickets; that is my responsibility.

I just want to say something, not as me, but as an adult, with bills and kids. In life you need money. Everything you want and need requires it. This is an ugly truth about this industry as well. Not to be a dirty capitalist here, but game development costs money, no one works for free, no ones time is free. There needs to be revenue period.

Now back to being me - I have never seen a community so dedicated and passionate and interested in all aspects of a game like I see with Neocron folks. Do not think you are ignored, even if someone doesn't take the time to respond directly to you, people do read the forum and they do value you. Not only for your opinions but your evident love for Neocron in spite of your frustration. You need to realise that the lack of interaction may not come from a place of neglect but a place of frustration on the other end as well - wanting desperately to do the things that would please you, but not having the ability at this juncture because there are other things on the front hob.

Do not stop emailing us, do not stop giving us suggestions, do not stop pointing us to flaws and faults. Do always be passionate and vigilant and know that someone is watching, reading, and being enlightened by your words.

I can't promise you anything, I can't give you anything other than support, but I just wanted to respond because I feel you deserved something from someone, even if it's just me ^^
    Thank you very much for this post, and the post describing account creation options! It's really nice to finally see an honest post from someone from Reakktor.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast