Default High resolution GFX issues.

Right, been poking into the Cron recently, and one thing I've noticed is how Neocron isn't handling high resolutions. I run at GPU and monitor at 1920 x 1200 which is producing a few odd side effects.

Here are two examples, which have some odd GFX artifacts at the top of the screen. Only seems to happen when I'm moving around.

Anyone seen this issue, and know any work arounds?

I can't tell from the screens, but do you run it in 4:3 screen aspect ratio? If not, try setting it to a 4:3 ratio and see if it still has those artifacts. Other than that, I haven't seen anything like that, but then again I play windowed.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Ahhh the Clan Apt.

Urge to play, rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    I can't tell from the screens, but do you run it in 4:3 screen aspect ratio? If not, try setting it to a 4:3 ratio and see if it still has those artifacts. Other than that, I haven't seen anything like that, but then again I play windowed.
    It's 16:10 - close to 16:9. I don't own a 4:3 monitor any more. NC does look odd playing in a 4:3 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Tratos
    Ahhh the Clan Apt.

Urge to play, rising.
    Come and play!

Edit: Tried a 4:3 screen mode, and I get black screens, unless I hit Return a few times and somehow end up in game...
    Last edited by Brammers; 25-07-11 at 01:48.

the engine is quite old and doesn't support shaders i guess... ever since i've upgraded my gfx card i've been having those issues... you will get used to it someday just like me...

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    the engine is quite old and doesn't support shaders i guess... ever since i've upgraded my gfx card i've been having those issues... you will get used to it someday just like me...
    Pretty much this. I have the same issue Brammers and have just gotten used to it.

Tbh..

dont play it at that resolution?

close..

much more important things to be worrying about.. sorry bram.

-Invinci
    The ONE!! The ONLY!! Invinci!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Pretty much this. I have the same issue Brammers and have just gotten used to it.
    Same here - the sky in Plaza 1 flashes blue for me

@Setlec, @MrTrip and @L0KI - Thanks, glad to know it's not just me. Are you all running Nvidia cards? (I'm a GTX460)

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    @Setlec, @MrTrip and @L0KI - Thanks, glad to know it's not just me. Are you all running Nvidia cards? (I'm a GTX460)
    ATI 5870 here, so it's likely the res itself!

note, in windowed mode it all just looks exactly like it used to (on an hd monitor, same video card), plus you get the advantage of being able to alt-tab any place in the game (even in the wastelands)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

I don't get stuff at the top, but playing in any wide-screen mode gets you some funny artefacts at the edges of the screen, as the game assumes you have a 4:3 screen and starts cutting stuff off.

Try windowed mode?

something to note about windowed mode though, it doesn't do widescreen well (it simply stretches). Then again, I usually just run 2 windowed screens next to each other (1024*768 both), which works great when dual logged

or when I'm playing with one window, I just have mumble running next to it, combined with whatever chat program I'm using at the time

NVIDIA here. Window mode does the same thing actually. All modes do the same thing tbh. Neocron is failing its face.

weird then, I have the same gfx card as brammers and never had any artifacts in windowed mode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast