and seeing KK's trackrecord in promises, it will take a long time to get done.

remember one and a half year ago we were promised a patch? the 9 months of utterly ignoring us. then 9 months ago that the failpatch would get fixed soon? then 9 months of utterly ignoring us yet again?

then again, it suprised the hell out of me they have actually fixed some appartments already... so they could be finishing the anti-cheat patch in the next year.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Chenoa
    DEVs
    hehe /devil face
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

Anyone's apartement of those affected been restored yet?

One Disturbed Individual Distort's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    Anyone's apartement of those affected been restored yet?
    Not mine...still as empty as if I just bought it...thankfully, I only logged into one of them and not all like a few people did...

anything new?
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh
    anything new?
    No

[1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.]

Lead Gamemaster & Lead Moderator Chenoa's Avatar

I pray for very soon!!! As promised, will inform you asap!

Chenoa
    "Every day you spend without a smile is a lost day" - Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    ...thankfully, I only logged into one of them and not all like a few people did...
    Stupidly i did. But lesson learned. Has there been issues like this in the past? I can't remember such an database-earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chenoa
    I pray for very soon!!!
    Hope your prayers help

Br Morph

One Disturbed Individual Distort's Avatar

Stupidly i did. But lesson learned. Has there been issues like this in the past? I can't remember such an database-earthquake.
    Good question; I quit back in 2006-2007 and just came back recently, so anything that happened during that time is unknown to me

i love to eat kiwi befor i take my naps in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlite
    i love to eat kiwi befor i take my naps in the afternoon.
    existential question: are you sure you love it? and are you really napping?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Yes.

Last time Terra hit 30% or so (note - database fuckups always occur when Terra hits this sorta pop. It seems that "30%" is more like 120% load for database purposes), a similar issue with apartments all going screwed up happened. Was fixed by an apartment only rollback and some other server tinkering. When Biglines earlier was talking about people who never got their stuff back, I think he's referring to people who put stuff into cabinets after the backup that was rolled back to was made. What with Item Tracking never actually working properly, there was no way for KK to ever verify or restore that stuff. Some people obviously benefited from this too (I know someone who took an SA from a cupboard an hour or two after said backup. He then wound up with two of them - one in his inventory, another in the restored apartment.

There have been other database crashes requiring partial or full rollbacks before, and of course the famous "hair crash" of 2005 was it? That was hilarious and the effects are still being felt now.
    (For those who don't remember: Terra went all kinds of weird. Most of this was eventually fixed, but somehow the model ID for runners' hair got scrambled (along with some other stuff). For most people this just meant baldness or the wrong hair. Some people however had crabs, piles of ammo, or even memorably grim chasers and concrete bunkers attached to their heads. KK eventually fixed this by overwriting everybody to be bald, and equipping GMs with a "hairdressing tool". If you have a character with a blank portrait on the login screen, or described by the log in as a female psi monk when they clearly aren't, they were around at the time of this fuckup.)
    Last edited by CMaster; 19-04-11 at 11:51.

@CMaster
    Thx for sharing your memories and knowledge.

I just remember another rollback in 2004/2005. Lost my 5 slot heal in the juggernaut facility and gr'd in my appartment. immediately i got killed by an FA turret @ my window (plaza lvl 1 App).
    After asking in the tradechannel for this issue people checked it and get killed either. Some hours later: rollback. actually i had luck getting my 5 slot heal back.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Any news yet chenoa? i asked the support desk again but they said there was nothing new yet. Any way u can nudge the right people to get this fixed?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast