One Disturbed Individual Distort's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    Yes.

Last time Terra hit 30% or so (note - database fuckups always occur when Terra hits this sorta pop. It seems that "30%" is more like 120% load for database purposes), a similar issue with apartments all going screwed up happened. Was fixed by an apartment only rollback and some other server tinkering. When Biglines earlier was talking about people who never got their stuff back, I think he's referring to people who put stuff into cabinets after the backup that was rolled back to was made. What with Item Tracking never actually working properly, there was no way for KK to ever verify or restore that stuff. Some people obviously benefited from this too (I know someone who took an SA from a cupboard an hour or two after said backup. He then wound up with two of them - one in his inventory, another in the restored apartment.
    So, is there no way for them to rollback individual apartments? If they roll back all of them then that just means new stuff from my other apts get jacked lol

I have yet to login, I'm still afraid to do so and lose all my items, so...can we get a status update on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    I have yet to login, I'm still afraid to do so and lose all my items, so...can we get a status update on this?
    from what I read, it is no longer happening, it's just that those appartments that were emptied, haven't been recovered, but the actual emptying is over.

thats what I got from all the posts, but I could be wrong
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    from what I read, it is no longer happening, it's just that those appartments that were emptied, haven't been recovered, but the actual emptying is over.

thats what I got from all the posts, but I could be wrong

See, and if you're wrong, I'd frown, because I don't know if my gold PA is in an apartment or in my gogu.

See, and if you're wrong, I'd frown, because I don't know if my gold PA is in an apartment or in my gogu.
    well, most people are playing, so if it were still going on they would be losing stuff left and right wudnt they?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Yeah it's stable now, when it corrupted all the wasteland spawns reset to default (prolly caves too) all the public boxes reset, the clock was stuck on Jan 1, 2750 for awhile (date the game began I think) and of course, any apartment visited during this 'time warp' were reset (to what they were Jan 1 2750? maybe..) Man, I got 1000s of weapon parts on the line, among many other things, but meh, it's all gonna be lost eventually.....

Eh, I was hoping the launcher in b-9 would of reset, but no, he's still out partying somewhere.
    Last edited by Sammson; 21-04-11 at 01:02.

speaking for me, only those apartements where affected that i entered in that specific timeframe. gogu's where not affected. no appa missmatch (loss) since that night.

yeah only the unfortunate who were on and entered there apartment at that time were affected. I am one of those... still waiting for you guys to do something about it plz

just to let you know, none of my many chars has any empty cabs, so the problem cant be that severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg
    just to let you know, none of my many chars has any empty cabs, so the problem cant be that severe.
    i assume you weren't online in that night, or didn't enter one of your apartements.

for those affected, it is severe.

Lead Gamemaster & Lead Moderator Chenoa's Avatar

Sadly no, than it would be easier for the DEVs. They have to find out what exactly happened and it's concerning only a few apps.
    And yes, sad but true it needs more time than expected. But I know they are really on it, its not forgotten! Sorry, more news to follow. Atm holidays here, Easter.

Chenoa
    "Every day you spend without a smile is a lost day" - Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Chenoa
    Sadly no, than it would be easier for the DEVs. They have to find out what exactly happened and it's concerning only a few apps.
    And yes, sad but true it needs more time than expected. But I know they are really on it, its not forgotten! Sorry, more news to follow. Atm holidays here, Easter.

Chenoa
    Alright that makes me feel a little better lol

I pray for very soon!!! As promised, will inform you asap!

Chenoa
    I leveled a apu from scratch to woc1 by now ...

... guess i will have to carry on to woc3 before anything happens.

Coming back to these forums from time to time is always good for A laugh.

Happy Easter everyone!

I still miss NC1 ten years later!

And yes, sad but true it needs more time than expected. But I know they are really on it, its not forgotten! Sorry, more news to follow.
    No offense to you personally, but this is exactly the same as what was said about the anti-cheat patch, and that has taken more than half a year so far (just the fixing, the whole thing more than a year of course).

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast