Thread: Nc3!!!!

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Viarossa as CM refuses to build officer quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    So the basic idea would be to design a new Neocron along with the community, discuss ideas, listen to your thoughts etc. BUT only as long as it stays in a moderate way.

I am also willing to answer your questions but also take the freedom of choice not to answer every question you ask. So if you have questions - go for it.

I hope that I can give you more news soon, cause you deserve it.
    I could write a billion pages on that, but the main thing I have to plead. Please. PLEASE! Do not make NC3 a grind-fest like every other bloody MMO. In my humble opinion if you need to make a game a grind-fest then you're doing something seriously wrong.

I think everyone knows that developers make games a grind-fest so players don't get bored, but if you make your game right, people won't get bored anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    isn't that Mars?
    I can't seem to remember, I don't have the total recall I used to

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

One question is how would NC3 development be funded? Obviously there always will be the desire to make the game as successful as possible, but the source of the funding effects what pressures there would be on development.

My thoughts on what NC did right:
    • Atmosphere
    • Territory Control
    • Action gameplay
    • Impressivley open world and vehicles for its time.

And where it went wrong:
    • The actual specifics of both the action gameplay and the territory control
    • To grand a scale - in servers that can support 300 people playing at once, far too many factions
    • Plot-game disconnect. When setting up a world where the storyline is on the edge of changes (eg TT and BT, Reza and erm, the TG guy), not only do those changes need to happen at some point, but we should see them in the game
    • Risks, rewards and punishments

And then, directions in which a new game should look:
    • Dynamic content - KK's team size is fairly small, and the money is never going to be WoW like. So planning on being able to generate continuous new content to keep players is flawed. Instead, a good FPS/TPS combat system and some passable NPC AI could keep gameplay interesting in itself, while effort put into a procedural mission generator would give people things to keep doing.
    • Getting combat right from the start. This doesn't mean that everything should be balanced perfectly. This means that the combat system should be solid and fun, not prone to the lunacy of shooting through walls, at silly angles from guns etc. That there should be a clear vision for class roles. That psi skills probably need to be reassessed.
    • Powerful GMs. This ties back into point 1 in this list recently. Get things like EGMs and Job Dealers really going. Program in robust tools to let them make something exciting in the game, and give those who earned the trust the power to pull off events that are really exciting. Let them upset the apple cart from time to time.
    • Keep instancing down. The aforementioned dynamic missions can be created in one-off apartments (and places like that) that vanish when the mission is done. But one of the things I loved about NC (and it ties into the atmosphere point above) was how the place was one continuous world, where strange encounters, alliances and feuds could just happen by chance.

I could of course, write a lot more, but I'm trying to just get across what are (to me) the key points about the game. I'm also thinking of how you'd make another Neocron, not the Cyberpunk FPSMMORPG that I'd make.

Also, how far is this idea really progressed? Is NC3 something that work has started on? Is it something that is certain to be taken through to full production? Merely likely? Just a possible? Or just a pipedream?
    Last edited by CMaster; 14-12-10 at 20:08.

There will be much more forum activity now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    I'm surprised but still disappointed, Thx for sharing some of your thoughts Mr. Lenke, I have some questions for you:
    1. If you are working on a NC3 which game engine are you gona use?

well maybe we do stay with Gamebryo but we also take all other engines in consideration.
    2. What time frame it would require to deliver NC beta or full release to the community?

2.5 to 3 years or less or longer ^^
    3. How many people are working on NC3 currently? Or how many will be working?

5-60
    4. What would be the MAjor changes in your opinion compared to NC 1 -> 2.2?

new setting, redesign of good ideas and many more new stuff to come
    5. Can you tell us the 5 majors additions to the game that you couldn't add to NC currently client?

only 5?!
    6. Would you share your thoughts about a possible Linux and Mac OS X support?

We will have Linux support I guess at least I want it. Its all a matter of time and money. But also we take a close look at the Mac base. Possible yes.
    7. Can you share more of those concept arts from NC3?

time will tell - so stay tuned pls.
    Thank you very much for your time and answers
    You find my answers in you text above.
    This is very promising, Mr. Lenke! thank you very much, as you can see I'm a fan from Unigine engine from others topics that I've created, Unigine plans to add Mac support in 2011 the source code has an easy cross-platform support at for linux and windows for now and it's damn cheap compared to others game engines. (USD 40K. for a single project...) for a multi project the license goes up to USD 100K (which is the minimal cost for Id tech 4) UE3 is way more expensive and doesn't has support for others OSes.

This is very promising, Mr. Lenke! thank you very much, as you can see I'm a fan from Unigine engine from others topics that I've created, Unigine plans to add Mac support in 2011 the source code has an easy cross-platform support at for linux and windows for now and it's damn cheap compared to others game engines. (USD 40K. for a single project...) for a multi project the license goes up to USD 100K (which is the minimal cost for Id tech 4) UE3 is way more expensive and doesn't has support for others OSes.
    Ok...wait a second....sorry but are you some kind of rep for this company? You have been pushing this engine for like 2 years almost. I don't think that KK will go that direction when they have this engine. I'm sure it could be upgraded to meet their needs once BP gets off the ground, and also they will have the engine BP runs on, maybe it can support this too?

yay for nc3, yay for the respond but are there any serious plans for nc2 in the near future?
    nc3 is years away so I have to fill the time with nc2

simple question? plans for nc2? patches? next year? maybe after BP release?
    or is nc2 on hold and there are no concrete plans with nc2 right now?

like I said before the info nothing will happen doesnt change much :P (suprise) but while the S.T.O.R.M. Bot is with us...

(and should an anti cheat patch close in on us, a mighty banwave should herald it)

Quote Originally Posted by Selket
    ps Please make zombies in it!!!
    No no no no NO! No fucking zombies. I love the rotting, shambling, greeny-grey skinned chaps, I really do but they're just getting boring now.
    They're fooking everywhere and just aren't as scary as they used to be because of it. They really have become very tacky and to me, any game that isn't primarily zombie based is just screaming desperation by jamming them in somewhere. Oh, and while we're at it, No fecking vampires or werewolves either!

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

they have experience with gamebryo, and for which they have an mmo basic infrastructure ready (hell, it's probably part of the engine since gamebryo is used by quite a few mmo's). Why would they go for another engine for which they would have to totally redesign the basic structure?

PLEASE PLEASE KK, use the same engine as black prophecy, so there might actually be a small chance of the engines both being supported for a while (yes, NC's syncing and netcode... just abyssmal, at least nc has not one, but 2 graphics engines....)

edit:
    oh and btw, gamebryo is multiplatform
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

One question I'd like to see answered even if its a half answer..

If and when Neocron 3 beta comes out, can we, the loyal forum members still playing Neocron 2, get a rest assured spot in the beta?

I signed up for the BP beta as soon as it was announced (Like, 5 minutes after the post) and I got skipped. I'll be not only pissed, but hurt if I miss the NC3 beta after how long I've stuck around, and I'm sure others will be too.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    the sprawl is in america, neotokyo was a different area afaik, sprawl has domes, so the concept art is prolly more like neotokyo

Everything sounds so 2000AD!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    If and when Neocron 3 beta comes out, can we, the loyal forum members still playing Neocron 2, get a rest assured spot in the beta?
    didn't you know? nc 1 and 2 were just the beta for nc3, would explain a lot anyway.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I'd like to see WOC removed because its gay, srsly I don't agree some sad git that is happy to shoot at mobs 8 hours a day for a week or more should dominate in pvp. I thought the game was about PVP and not who has spent more time grinding.

I'd much more prefer the lvling system to be changed so that a new player can fight an old player and win due to skill and not lvl. I don't know how the lvling system can be changed but I'll have a think over it, to be honest I'm sick of grindy ass games that require me to sit down and lvl for hours and hours just so I can do what I want and that is end game pvp.

I think the slot system for weapons in Neocron is one of the coolest things in game and I think that could be worked on some more. Like how about increasing the number of slots to a total of 10 being extremely rare and creating new mods for weapons that can be got from high lvl dungeons which are also extremely rare. That would let us create extremely powerful weapons that anyone with the time and ingame money can own with no lvl restrictions. Also removing the 120% cap on weapon stats and allowing players to name their weapons if its a 10 slotter etc.

I also think the LE chip should be removed from the game completely and instead the size of the world is expanded greatly with the inner city areas being extremely noob friendly. Replace the current mission system with a new one that simply sends people to an area where other players are doing the same mission promoting a much better and helpful community. As one moves away from the inner city areas they are open to attack in areas that are out of reach of the law and order but are also presented with much bigger rewards.

I also think some things in Neocron or nothing more that annoying, like having lots of SI when you die and when ever you GR somewhere. I think SI should be scrapped because quite frankly it is just annoying same as parraglue was. Sure you will get people complaining, you can't please everyone but those people should perhaps play chess if they want to wait around until they can get back into the action...

I'd like to see outposts reworked, I'd like the ability to build an outpost along side the ones we currently have, I'd like to see a reason to build and defend an outpost. We had been saying that for ages and ages I think, we wanted factorys to produce parts for weapons etc. So how about we build a weapon then have it researched in a lab to produce some sort of rare weapon, that sort of thing would be cool...

There is a whole lot more that could be done instead of just rewriting the game and calling it NC3... I don't play NC2 I've got frustrated with it, I don't want to be logging in to lvl a spy with drones to get them to WOC only to lom them into rifle. I want a reason to log in, like I'd love to log in and just plot revenge or something because I'm that sort of player, or too check my outpost or something and not just log in to do yet more grinding or zoneline pvp...

wow.... i think i just died, they did respond with a pic and more stuff thats going on with NC. grats to KK for once. Now i can sleep good now while waiting for NC3 or the anti patch. thanks friends!

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    One question is how would NC3 development be funded? Obviously there always will be the desire to make the game as successful as possible, but the source of the funding effects what pressures there would be on development.

My thoughts on what NC did right:
    • Atmosphere
    • Territory Control
    • Action gameplay
    • Impressivley open world and vehicles for its time.
    For me territory control was rather bland, it was fun for a while but soon it became apparent that there was no real reason to hold territory other than to increase the size of ones epeen and to gloat. One gets more enjoyment out of simply running a riot at a large clans op and killing them all, for me there was never any reason to hold territory or not enough reasons to log in at 3am to defend it. I'd like to see this area in the game massively improved and I mean major changes and added content to make it worth the effort.

I liked the idea of the share prices being effected by what factions own what outpost but it never really worked out to be anything cool did it... There is also a lack of real politics in this game, why the hell should CA an NPC entity dictate what happens ingame? Why can't the players dictate what happens instead? That would add a dynamic storyline that constantly changes making things fresh and interesting.

And where it went wrong:
    • The actual specifics of both the action gameplay and the territory control
    • To grand a scale - in servers that can support 300 people playing at once, far too many factions
    • Plot-game disconnect. When setting up a world where the storyline is on the edge of changes (eg TT and BT, Reza and erm, the TG guy), not only do those changes need to happen at some point, but we should see them in the game
    • Risks, rewards and punishments
    Risks vs reward is broken i'll agree with that, its the reason people tend to sit around in plaza etc. I also hate the fact some LE chipped dude can have all the same end game content as me in a high risk area. If people want those MC5 parts they should not be wearing the LE chip end of story, if I can't kill the LE'er its just not fair at all since they drop nothing if they die and they can be droning away to their hearts content or what ever.

And then, directions in which a new game should look:
    • Getting combat right from the start. This doesn't mean that everything should be balanced perfectly. This means that the combat system should be solid and fun, not prone to the lunacy of shooting through walls, at silly angles from guns etc. That there should be a clear vision for class roles. That psi skills probably need to be reassessed.
    I think combat needs that fast paced feeling back.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast