Thread: Nc3!!!!

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Nc3!!!!

Hey Runners!!

Been a While...(*Checks activity), over a year in fact, ouch man i had withdrawel symptoms from the best game i have ever played!

Managed to get the interent installed this week, LOOONNNNGGGG story, but i got it now!

Thought i would breeze by my old haunt, see how your all doing at NC, and see this little statement linked from Kirk himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    Actually we (Reakktor) never have planned to release NC2 as "Neocron 2" it was a decision made by 10tacle back then. Another of their bad ideas tbh.

So: it will be a new Neocron a real Neocron "3".

Take care and keep rockin'

Kirk

http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/foru...?t=7848&page=2

A new NC3? 2-3 years probably, but i will be there to check it out and Re-open my beloved "Logans Emporium"!

Hope all you who remember me are doing well, good to see it's still here anyways! having read around, sorry to say i wont be back in it's current state, see you all after the patch....that works

Closed - Until Further Notice

don't get too excited, he said the same thing over a year ago, together with a promise to patch in less than 3 months, it took over 9 months for them to even show something new, which was a failed patch, and since then we haven't heard anything either.

but like in the other thread, good to see you back
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Keep the Faith

Closed - Until Further Notice

although I "defended" KK in another threat but hey that's just absurd!

Hi guys,

I hear you loud and clear. And I do know that the NC community is waiting for the fixed patch. The patch itself went well and stable while we have tested it inhouse but due to some circumstances it messed the servers up - but you know that.
    We still have it on the agenda! (!!!) But right now we want this Baby to fly properly and give the people lot of fun.

Neocron is still in our minds and we have decent plans in regard of an NC3 - and be sure that I will do everything to get these plans real... I would like to start with it soon and we are already in negotiations.

Another thing would be to make at least some money with our current NC2 because this money would go directly to NC3 developement BUT before we take some (small and I mean a small amount) money it is mandatory to get some things fixed in your interests.

I will keep you posted as soon as find more time.

Please also forward this to the NC Comm if you like.

Take care and keep rockin'

Kirk
    erm yeah... I mean... posting this here is by all means no big challenge. And why does he post NC related things only in the BP forums?

I have no interest in BP, I do not read the forums there and I think I'm not the only one. well thanks for the link Riddle.

He posted it there because as the busy CEO, he can only take time out to go there, and a Neocron question happened to be asked there.

pic's or it didnt happen. till then i be in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    He posted it there because as the busy CEO, he can only take time out to go there, and a Neocron question happened to be asked there.
    thats just bullshit, hell, he could have had his secretary do it.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Account not active yet Jason Parker's Avatar

Instead of making negative comments about the news being posted in the wrong forums I'll rather follow Riddles advice, keep my faith and post a List of things I want to see improved/changed in NC 3.

• Dynamic Faction System: And by dynamic I mean dynamic in every way. Factions change their attitude towards each other based on player actions. Even new factions can be foundet by players or clans respectively.
    • More complex OP Fighting: Make the Outposts bigger. Make conquering an OP a matter of fulfilling different goals instead of just hacking 4 steps at two places. Add turrets. Make it possible to hire NPC Guards.
    • Make Aiming even more like in MP FPS: More Hitboxes, Hit calculation per shot.
    • Take Housing one step ahead: Enable Clans to found settlements in the wastelands.
    • Take your time to finish the rebalancing started with 2.2
    • Add the player shops

All else I can think of at the moment can basically stay as is just needs to be bug free. I'd copy the whole construction/economy system 1 to 1 from NC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    don't get too excited
    nothing to add

maybe in a few years with luck we can enjoy a nc3, yay for that but there is a 40? 50? page long brainboard thread already here and apparently noone even cares to post this news here, the official NC forum, so I highly doubt they care for any suggestions or read this at all. ^^

hmm maybe I should create a BP forum account

argh just ignore me, I crawl back into my cave. Just don't waste too much time here lads

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle
    Hey Runners!!

Been a While...(*Checks activity), over a year in fact, ouch man i had withdrawel symptoms from the best game i have ever played!

Managed to get the interent installed this week, LOOONNNNGGGG story, but i got it now!
    Wow, you got proper internet now? Nice! I'll PM you the current TS details for you.

Exclamation

Hi Folks,

I read the forums and believe it or not I am also not that happy with the current status NC is in. AND there was/is a reason we could not fix the patch as promised or even take care of the forums like we should have done.

All we could do is: leave the servers online and give you the game for free.

I do also follow the certain threads what you guys would like to see in a successor to Neocron 2.

We all know what we did right in NC 1 and what we have made not so good in NC 2.

So the basic idea would be to design a new Neocron along with the community, discuss ideas, listen to your thoughts etc. BUT only as long as it stays in a moderate way.

I am also willing to answer your questions but also take the freedom of choice not to answer every question you ask. So if you have questions - go for it.

I hope that I can give you more news soon, cause you deserve it.

Best,
    Kirk

Edited: a pic for you guys... start guessing what it is about!
    Last edited by Kirk Lenke; 14-12-10 at 14:53.

nice concept art, logo works well too. So thanks for finally taking the time to say something on here.

My question, which I think most of the community wants to ask, is, if we can't have the anti-cheat patch, can you please recruit GM's? I get that BP takes up most of the old GM's, but I'm sure there are some people that don't care for space fighting games that can help clean up NC (yes, people are publicly admitting they are banevaders, and nothing is done about it, and this is the easiest to fix)

I'm surprised but still disappointed, Thx for sharing some of your thoughts Mr. Lenke, I have some questions for you:

1. If you are working on a NC3 which game engine are you gona use?
    2. What time frame it would require to deliver NC beta or full release to the community?
    3. How many people are working on NC3 currently? Or how many will be working?
    4. What would be the MAjor changes in your opinion compared to NC 1 -> 2.2?
    5. Can you tell us the 5 majors additions to the game that you couldn't add to NC currently client?
    6. Would you share your thoughts about a possible Linux and Mac OS X support?
    7. Can you share more of those concept arts from NC3?
    Thank you very much for your time and answers

hmm looking at the concept art again, I notice that the logo in the picture is nc 1 logo, not nc3 logo, so it could just as well be a neocron 1/2 concept art relabeled with nc3 logo :S

just my cynical mind i suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    nice concept art, logo works well too. So thanks for finally taking the time to say something on here.

My question, which I think most of the community wants to ask, is, if we can't have the anti-cheat patch, can you please recruit GM's? I get that BP takes up most of the old GM's, but I'm sure there are some people that don't care for space fighting games that can help clean up NC (yes, people are publicly admitting they are banevaders, and nothing is done about it, and this is the easiest to fix)
    Pleasure.

I still have the hope that the "Somehowf#!$up-Patch" can be delivered in Q1 2011 so that NC will be more fun to play instead of playing "who exploits best".

When the patch is out and running well, we will hire more GMs again.

Best,
    Kirk

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast