Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do I need to know?

I started the Download and am looking forward to giving Neocron another play. I was in the original beta, Hacker/Droner for The Gang and played long after the first wave left.

I have been missing the MMO world and still think NC is the one that got the closest to my ideal game.

So what should I know to make this venture the most successful?

What server?
    What faction has the most people?
    What class is most valued/needed?
    What class is most fun ;-) ?
    Is there a leveling strategy I need to know about?
    Is there a few key clans I should know about?

How are the Drones? I LOVED my drones. Back in the day everyone complained about lack of sniper rifles. Screw distance, my gun shot around corners ;-)

Any info is great! Just excited to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbalPEZ
    So what should I know to make this venture the most successful?

What server?
    Whichever isn't at 0% population (which is most of them, most of the time). Probably best if you speak german on the German language server.

What faction has the most people?
    Redundant question (depends on server & server population)

What class is most valued/needed?
    Probably a PPU with poke skill.

What class is most fun ;-) ?
    Subjective question (depends on player's preference).

Is there a leveling strategy I need to know about?
    Use pistols/APU to run rat missions until first AoE drone available, then drone to WoC. get a friendly researcher to make mission BPs for you.

Is there a few key clans I should know about?
    The clean ones, or the ones that have cheaters in them?

How are the Drones? I LOVED my drones. Back in the day everyone complained about lack of sniper rifles. Screw distance, my gun shot around corners ;-)
    Drones are the levelling weapon.

Any info is great! Just excited to be back.
    Be aware that there are many exploits and hacks, and the people who use them tend to run in packs. KK's recent attempt to patch a solution failed, but maybe they will have better luck in the future.
    No point in having a sig if it just gets deleted for containing funny truisms!

In light of the above...

What about a crafters?

Are there pure crafters?
    What is valued?
    Can they level without combat?

Thanks for the feedback. little over an hour left...

Sux that Neocron has the cheating plague.

Oh, I am English only.

terra is the most polulated, and the only true english server

cheaters have mostly left, there are a few left though, but the major clans no longer have too many cheaters in them

tradeskillers, because most people playing have so many characters, constructors aren't really required a lot

but I agree that ppu is probably a good choice, easiest to level a ppu is as apu though (as ppu takes ages because there aren't many english leveling teams) (there's been an invasion of russian levelers though, but the don't speak english much, hell they even wanted to make the help channel "russian only").
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Defender Of The Faith

yehh that was funny big :P

the germans have tryed that one to hahahah

ahh well

u mean the russian thing?

the only thing annoying is that it's used as a buddy channel, because noone else can read what they're saying, but they keep chatting in help. (now I also chat in help, but only in public discussions that everyone can read, rarely speak my own language on there)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

thanks for the info Big,

Now if I can figure out why the game wont install...

just download it off one of the mirrors on www.techhaven.org, and don't install it in my documents or program files, if you have more than one drive, install it in a random folder on the other drive (like d:/neocron2/)

Does that fix this:

"ERROR couldn't open "client.exe"possibly write protected.
    Patching failed"

That's what I am running into...

Windows security setting issue I think. I can't remember exaclty the way to fix it but something about setting NC to run under admin.

never mind... it appears running as admin fixes the issue...

hehe those were posted almost simultaneously.

Yes, setting the launcher to run as admin did the trick. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by VerbalPEZ
    hehe those were posted almost simultaneously.

Yes, setting the launcher to run as admin did the trick. Thank you!
    it might give more trouble tbh, the main trick is to install it in something other than program files or my documents

you can just copy the folder, neocron doesn't need to be installed even, I still use my 3 year old neocron installation i installed 2 computers ago (only thing is to occasionally rename the console.log so it's still editable :P)

I run Windows 7 and run two copies of Neocron in C:/program files and have no problems. Just set it up to run as admin and it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer
    I run Windows 7 and run two copies of Neocron in C:/program files and have no problems. Just set it up to run as admin and it works like a charm.
    okay, but this used to be the common fix from the beginning of vista, great it works that way too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast