Thread: Future of NC?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conduit

I've been playing online games since 1998, and video games for at least 35 years, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the most fun I ever had was NC 1.

Agreed. I loved NC1. I had so much fun there, and there was ALWAYS somebody trading, poking, csting, researching, repping, whatever you needed in P1. It was a big family and everything was FUN. There was ALWAYS action in game and never a dull moment.

Bring back NC1 fools. (I know, will never happen, go kick rocks Trip)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Bring back NC1 fools. (I know, will never happen, go kick rocks Trip)
    Agreed!

To me, it's less about the balance and statistical perfection, and more about the fun factor. It's a game after alll; one that needs a boost, in some form.

Bring back the fun that was NC1.
    Blocky graphics, the ability to change my outfit colour to pimp-purple... the works.

nurse pokie, best poker in cron!

NC1 ftw indeed.

<sniff>

NC1 was the shit. Re-balance destroyed all
    Cause the streets is a shortstop, either you swingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Part of what wrecked what neocron also was all the leveling exploits too. I mean, you don't have anyone to blame but yourself, but when the best and easiest way to lvl is exploit something so easy like AoE droning, it's hard to turn down 3x faster leveling. MB bunker used to be a cool place to hang out to lvl at, or even pk. Oz storage, pp sewers, etc. Farming the big cyclops in one of the outzones was good fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife
    Part of what wrecked what neocron also was all the leveling exploits too. I mean, you don't have anyone to blame but yourself, but when the best and easiest way to lvl is exploit something so easy like AoE droning, it's hard to turn down 3x faster leveling. MB bunker used to be a cool place to hang out to lvl at, or even pk. Oz storage, pp sewers, etc. Farming the big cyclops in one of the outzones was good fun too.
    That's true. The fact that lvling for some classes or LvLs isn't working just adds to this.

Nc is just broken in some areas, but KK always failed fixing them or broke other things.

isnt it possible to move the accs from the 4slot german server to terra and setup a NC1 classic server instead?
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Defender Of The Faith

looool good idear there garff

however they did that they may as well close the other
    servers all together as ppl would all play an the clasic NC1 server
    loooool

Quote Originally Posted by Gau
    looool good idear there garff

however they did that they may as well close the other
    servers all together as ppl would all play an the clasic NC1 server
    loooool
    lol, I don't think people would want to start all over again.

plus, moving chars from mars to a new terra account means 2x payment when payment would start again.. (not that I have a mars char, but most people playing nc do)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Eh?! I'd rather play NC 2.2. Overall it is far better than NC1.

The reason NC1 was more enjoyable than the current NC is that the current population is far lower.

Reminisce: I remember some hellish roll-backs on NC1, and plenty of imbalance, but I did enjoy watching a PE firing a CS and a bright red tank PA and the item drop to the floor was far better than the drop to quick-belt. It made you think twice afore you fought.

I think NC2.2 is a far better game. The hansters are a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by zii
    Eh?! I'd rather play NC 2.2. Overall it is far better than NC1.

The reason NC1 was more enjoyable than the current NC is that the current population is far lower.

Reminisce: I remember some hellish roll-backs on NC1, and plenty of imbalance, but I did enjoy watching a PE firing a CS and a bright red tank PA and the item drop to the floor was far better than the drop to quick-belt. It made you think twice afore you fought.

I think NC2.2 is a far better game. The hansters are a different matter.
    nostalgia will always overpower reason regretfully, especially as the current situation sucks because of the pop
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Defender Of The Faith

i do agree with that big

however i still say the monks of NC1 were better and more un than the new
    versions

Quote Originally Posted by Gau
    i do agree with that big

however i still say the monks of NC1 were better and more un than the new
    versions
    oh I'm sure there's tons and tons of stuff that was better in nc1, but there probably is just as much that was way suckier back then

lets face it and thats been said now million times, 2.2 err the balancing fucked nc up and the cheats/xploits killed it

well the com killed it.....
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast