Thread: Future of NC?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

nah, it was dead prior. NC2 never quite took off after the launch problems, a lot of the NC1 pop just left. and never came back.

thats why we need new people. game needs revamped and then advertising ramped up.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield
    lets face it and thats been said now million times, 2.2 err the balancing fucked nc up and the cheats/xploits killed it

well the com killed it.....
    personally I think KK completely abandoning NC killed it, balancing fuck up is caused by not doing the things they promised to do, which is use the new system to balance things on the fly. Cheat/exploits are still around because they haven't bothered to update the game in 4 years, and GM are virtually non-existent, or have absolutely no knowledge or power to help. Yes now they made an anti cheat patch, and that's great, but personally I think it's too little and too late, especially now it's been rolled back again and it's probably not going to happen any time soon (and of course with 0 communication from KK about it)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    Agreed!

To me, it's less about the balance and statistical perfection, and more about the fun factor. It's a game after alll; one that needs a boost, in some form.

Bring back the fun that was NC1.
    Blocky graphics, the ability to change my outfit colour to pimp-purple... the works.
    Take a populations of 300 plus at peak times (weekends - CET evenings), stir in a bloke called Matt something, add a smattering of people from Syndicate, a few german clans and leave to simmer at Krupp Factory for 30 minutes and bang, you have your nc1 all over again. This game doesnt need huge populations because then you'd need instanced levelling areas so that people wouldnt be fighting over who's loot it was.

Anything above 300-400 people would make NC rock all over again. If they get to the "thousands of players online" that nc1 boxed set promised personally I would soil myself in excitement.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    Anything above 300-400 people would make NC rock all over again. If they get to the "thousands of players online" that nc1 boxed set promised personally I would soil myself in excitement.
    personally, I'd be happy with 100-150 people, because although there are usually almost 50 people online, there's only 2 or 3 active op clans, and most of the other people online are speedleveling (to put it mildly )
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

NC 1 was and still is the most fun I have ever had in any game. I look back fondly on it.

Have to say it, but the thing that killed the game, was the way community was viewed, outside of the game. I tried to get a lot of people to play, or people to come back who had tried it.

They wouldn't, purely down to the community.

Even talking to people now about it, I hear people say ' oh that was the game with the horrendous community'.

We have 3 servers. Isn't it possible to patch one server back to NC1?
    I think, there will be no problem. You have seen it with patch 174...
    So KK can start patching from the beginning to install for example woc pa's and weapons, 3D models, ...
    Would this not be easier instead of trying to save a ruined game?
    Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    versteh ich nich ...

Odd, I wouldn't have described the NC community as being horrendous. I think it is one of the best gaming communities, and I've been fortunate to meet some of them in RL as well.

And the times in NC, I will remember some great times. I think some of the moments on Pluto in NC1 I will remember as the best of all. I don't think to date, I've found anything that bears or even beats Neocron's gaming atmosphere. (Although I'll admit, Borderlands does come close.)

As for what I think NC needs:-

1. Get the broken cheat-patch to be fixed and released, and fix the servers so they don't crash every 10 minutes.
    2. Some new content and some balance fixes to some classes. *Cough* APU's *Cough*
    3. Look at a possible proper F2P model for Neocron.
    4. Get KK to commit to working on Neocron long-term.

My list is a lot longer than that, bit those are some of the more pressing issues IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Placido
    We have 3 servers. Isn't it possible to patch one server back to NC1?
    I think, there will be no problem. You have seen it with patch 174...
    So KK can start patching from the beginning to install for example woc pa's and weapons, 3D models, ...
    Would this not be easier instead of trying to save a ruined game?
    We are sort of at a "NC1 patch level" now.

The big change from NC1 to NC2 was the Red vs Blue faction changes. This was reverted back in patch 167-168. (aka The F6 patch) and every Faction moved their HQ's back to their old homes.

The only thing that hasn't changed back is the Faction HQ's are still safe zones. Anyone from NC1 miss those faction HQ raids?

Neocron 2.1 was a big graphics and content upgrade.

Balancing, well whatever you go back to, something will be overpowered or need nerfing. Monks have been nerfed left, right and centre since NC1 (And for the right reasons too.)

However I feel APU's need a little more love. During NC2.2 testing I though APU's was just right, but that changed to make APU's not very playable now.

MC tanks need a look at as well, and the one weapon I hear the most complaints about being overpowered is the Disruptor.

So IMHO, the 2.2 patch was right, just KK stopped working on the follow up work to keep balancing the game.

As for the old NC1 character models, yes I prefer the old look of them. My NC1 characters and their profiles did go with their NC1 in-game looks. However a few of my characters that I made in NC2 go better with their NC2 models...it's more of an RP thing to me.

However I'm all for KK bringing back the old models back, so long as they update the quality of them to bring them into line with the quality of the NC2 models. If that happens, I'll be first in line to meet a GM with my APU monk get her NC1 long purple trench-coat and the NC1 red hair look back.

I never saw much of it myself either, had some great times with some good people, sadly lost touch with most of them now

Started on Uranus, crazy hybrids included, Keithzz and Neo were just
    Took Loki on his first vehicle ride(lost it in a lake !)
    Had a superb few months on the French server with LTA and Opti, Venus was it?

From the first minute I tried the beta I was hooked, superb atmosphere, great pvp, always something to do or some where to go and fight.

Sadly, I don't play anymore although I could. I came back for a brief stint a while back, levelled a few characters to WoC quietly.

Just doesn't have the same appeal to me now.
    Last edited by Nikabolokov; 20-08-10 at 18:11.

We are nowhere near NC1. Surprisingly only a few can remember why Neocron1 was good and why 2.2 is actually the most unbalanced patch that ever happened to Neocron.

Speed cap at 75agl/75ath, aim capped at 75wep and 100 for rifles. PvP-wise these settings were opening a very wide variety of setups meaning you could play a spy with an exec/slasher, a PE with a paineaser/wyattearp or a judge or making yourself weaker but using ROLH/exec/slasher, melee tanks and heavy tanks making sense as they would spare their extra points into constitution, and monks well, APU were a bit overpowered but it was less of a problem than overpowered classes we do have now.

The situation we got now, that's the most unbalanced PvP we had since beta release.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Neallys
    The situation we got now, that's the most unbalanced PvP we had since beta release.
    Don't think anyone disagrees with the fact that it's unbalanced. But the reason for that is that KK made a patch that they said would allow balancing easily (the underlying structure was made easier), but then when they only put out the system, they stopped before actually balancing anything.

but tbh, nc will never get new people unless the game is totally redone in terms of engine and graphics (and with engine also lose the buggy 2-engine combination that causes most of the fatals).

Let's face it, even when the game became free, there was only a month or so of 15%, that dropped down to 4 before long, and to 1-3% only a month or two ago. The patch making people believe something finally happened brought back a lot of people for a while again, but those have left again, leaving the pvp scene, the opscene and the trader scene even more barren than before.

NC1 was mostly better due to the populations. Everyone who looks back at it talks about how good this class was or that event was but point blank everyone of us here at the time whined like mad about parashock and monkocron. I know plenty of people who quit over it. Whether it was more varied then than it is now and with less cheaters etc blah blah, the bottom line is it was better because we had more people.

We all bitched moaned and complained about the things we wanted fixing but we look back so fondly because we had so much fun then because we had loads more players.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

the myth and the concept Richard Slade's Avatar

The community is elitistic.
    But that worked as long as KK stopped messing stuff up.
    How many times did they get screwed over by being bought up and dropped?
    Today, with an engine worthy of.. Well the last 10 years.. MANY had flocked around a PvP focused, non-fantasy MMO with FPS influences and hardcore riskVreward

But no.
    KK thought the success of EvE would be something to try and ride on.
    And that's where we went to hell.

MJS dropped us like a prom night dumpster baby and that's why we're here today.

Sadly the truth is that I've been around MMOs daily since NC (It's my job nowadays) and.. There's no community like NC. The fact that we're still here, some even playing, a game that's been dead for a long long time, talking crap on the forums and not going pants-on-head-retarded without mods just goes to show what we had.
    It was unique, it was special, it was amazing and it's not something we try to deny or forget (Like ever touching WoW...)
    We're proud of Neocron, we're proud of having been part of it.
    And KK threw that love and loyalty away. On a EvE wannabe that will bomb.
    I know it will, most do. Space games are a niche in itself. Space action even more. Space MMOs even more so. EvE lives on not being a pew pew zomg action game but being intelligent, social and more of a anarchistic social experiment in group dynamics.
    Black P is not that.

And it hurts.
    It really does. Because of all the games, all the hours and all the long nights, Neocron is the only one that warms my heart and forces out a nostalgic tear in my eye when I think about it.
    And KK threw that away.

FoMK is still around for some reason, PlanetSide is getting a sequel, other clones are popping up, popularity rises as eSports gets more and more room,
    FPS's, MMO's, competitive sports, it's all big and growing.
    And KK went off to make a space MMO.

Sorry, this became a long post. But it's a lot of love and a broken heart..
    And I'm still here. After 7 years. Speaking of it like it was the girl who gave me my first blowjob...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    If it was bland and politically correct it would be utter crap.

Holy shit Richard Slade.. That was probably the most intelligent thing ive seen on this forum, ever..

Very good job describing most of us (ex) NC lovers feelings, about the whole deal with NC/BP, and KK...

Uh btw, didnt know that Planetside was gonna get a sequel.. Sounds interesting - Planetside was a VERY enjoyable game IMO
    Is there a release date yet?

-=ParadoX=-

Ya its gonna be called Planetside Next, No release date, but SOE ceo or w/e has released the information about its in the works, Just do a search for it. lots of post out there =) cant wait my self. Thats what im wasting my time on till NC gets fixed lol

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast