Thread: Future of NC?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    -=ParadoX=-

Default Future of NC?

OK, after returning to NC after a few months and seeing a 1% max pop now (Maybe 2% for about an hour if i'm lucky). Will there ever be a future of NC? Such as a patch or new release? Seems to me everyone is giving up completely, players and development alike. Ive read several post, all contradicting each others, "there will be a patch", " there never will be a patch". Does anyone know for certain so me, and others wont have to waste their time on it? I kinda feel Reakktor is keeping the servers open for some reason (maybe as a future improvement), but i see no sign of one.

NC was the best game out there, I would even still pay 15-30 a month to play the Old NC again.

Basically, give opinions of what might happen to the game, If the pop is dropping this fast i see that most already think the end is near!!

If i understand that new situation right, then the old NC2 servers where moved into a new datacenter. Problem with that seems to be that there are constand connection interrupts which cause the player (all players) to lose connection to the gameserver. One very bad side effect of that: A kind of rollback which can turn out in a way that you loose several items, when transfered recently. So aside from all old and know issues like netcode, balancing and blah blah, there is this very new issue that stops people (meh!) from playing...

If they solve this above described problem soon, there will be a "little" future for NC, as it has been for the last years. People coming back after a long retirement, or leaving again after some time. But there will always be some volks jumping around the servers.

If they DON'T solve this problem (very soon) - i guess the only future NC will have is ... well. None at all.

br morph

recently the most diehard fans have even been quitting, so it would need some very significant changes to revive neocron, if at all possible
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

God i hate NC... Forcing me to come back every time i freaking quit..

I hope NC has a future, but doubt it very much.. Unless KK does something drastic.. fast..

But as Biggie said, even IF they do something NC's future is still very uncertain

<-- Diehard fan who kinda ragequit - but failed..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil
    God i hate NC... Forcing me to come back every time i freaking quit..

I hope NC has a future, but doubt it very much.. Unless KK does something drastic.. fast..

But as Biggie said, even IF they do something NC's future is still very uncertain

<-- Diehard fan who kinda ragequit - but failed..
    well spoken ill second that
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

-=ParadoX=-

I just wish that someone from KK would take 2 minutes out of their "busy" day to inform some of their customers if there would be a patch soon. Instead of forcing us to play 'The Guessing Game'.

Its sad to see a game so amazing go down the toilet like this. Would it honestly really be that hard just to re patch the game back to the beginning of NC2 or end of NC1? Or i guess that would be asking for too much....

Quote Originally Posted by -zero-
    I just wish that someone from KK would take 2 minutes out of their "busy" day to inform some of their customers if there would be a patch soon. Instead of forcing us to play 'The Guessing Game'.

Its sad to see a game so amazing go down the toilet like this. Would it honestly really be that hard just to re patch the game back to the beginning of NC2 or end of NC1? Or i guess that would be asking for too much....
    I don't think people that still log into the game can be qualified as customers anymore, man. Folks don't contribute to the game anymore, there are no funds being given to REAKKTOR. We are customers of no use. Why would they take two minutes of their "busy" day to inform their useless customers?
    Although I would really like to see another NC1, everything that is being suggested anymore is just wishful thinking and a waste of time.
    Let's hope Black Prophecy gets enough income so REAKKTOR can put some thought into Neocron again. I know I'll be supporting it.
    I'm depressed now.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualReGen
    I don't think people that still log into the game can be qualified as customers anymore, man. Folks don't contribute to the game anymore, there are no funds being given to REAKKTOR. We are customers of no use. Why would they take two minutes of their "busy" day to inform their useless customers?
    Although I would really like to see another NC1, everything that is being suggested anymore is just wishful thinking and a waste of time.
    Let's hope Black Prophecy gets enough income so REAKKTOR can put some thought into Neocron again. I know I'll be supporting it.
    I'm depressed now.
    that would all be true, if not for the fact that they actually promised to do things, and simply ignore any inquiry into the status of those promises.

plus, about a tenth of the current players still pays for the game
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Err check this out - PATCH169. http://forum.neocron.com/announcemen...uncementid=410

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    This patch is not a content patch, but a technical patch to increase the security of Neocron's network traffic. These changes will break all known cheat programs.

Neocron now also requires newer Visual C++ runtimes. Odds are that another game or program has already installed these on your PC, but if Neocron does not start after applying the patch, you will need to go to Microsoft and download and install the vcredist_x86.exe at the bottom of the page.

All Neocron servers will be offline from 13:00 CET to approximately 15:00 CET to apply this patch.
    *Is in shock - A patch!*

OMFG

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    Err check this out - PATCH169. http://forum.neocron.com/announcemen...uncementid=410

*Is in shock - A patch!*
    .....Yea... Just noticed...

I'm confused.. A NEOCRON PATCH?
    Really didnt think that i would experience any more of those..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil
    Now lets wait and see if it was fast enough

I do have a feeling that theres going to be a whole lot of people online tonight "testing" things..
    Im totally gonna be online to kill those "testers" for sure!

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I've been watching this thread all morning and was dying to say something. I couldn't until I knew for sure.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    I've been watching this thread all morning and was dying to say something. I couldn't until I knew for sure.
    @Nidhogg - You know if the patch will improve the stability of the servers that has been mentioned countless times on the forums?

I think this patch has been in development since before those problems started to show so I can't guarantee anything - I don't think there's anything specific to target those problems.

Let's see what happens though. This is going to be a major fightback against cheaters. One battle at a time.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

We're running a bit late on the patch. It's been a while...
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast