Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Question Gaming mouse RFC (razer and LOgitech - Need others)

Hi all,

I broke my mouse earlier so have to buy a new one.

I looked at the Razer & G7 mice but these tend to be about 110mm long and 40mm in height, which is fine for those with large hands. Sadly, I will suffer pain for use. My broken mouse is 90mm L x 20mm H x 45mm W. The width is not a problem, but the length and height are : My fingers are shorter than most.

Does anyone know of any low profile (height) and short (length) gaming mice?

Cheers, z

Actually, I noticed the Razer Orochi has a reasonablly lower profile than the other Razer clan: 99(L) x 67.8(W) x 35(H) Also, its 4000dpi which is great compared to my 800dpi mouse

awesome.

hey mate, when u coming back?

tbh, i've been gaming on a logitech 10 euro mouse for ages, tried higher dpi but that only is usefull when u have very very high sensitivity
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Blog Entries

Fuck Razer - didn´t survived a year, this lousy shit of plastic

Actually i´m playing with Raptor Gaming's "M3" (for 3y). Design is strange, yea - but you got an good feeling in your hand

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    hey mate, when u coming back?

tbh, i've been gaming on a logitech 10 euro mouse for ages, tried higher dpi but that only is usefull when u have very very high sensitivity
    Hola Bigs,

My 800dpi mouse has been fine, but I thought it would be interesting to try one of these higher sensitivity mice for once, now mine has bitten the dust. I am quite gentle with mice so we shall see how it fairs. The mouse size is of importance to me hence one of the decisions to buy this particular Razer model. I had not heard of the Raptor afore. No big deal. When it breaks, it'll break, and off to the shops I shall trot.

I should be playing tomorrow so long as TNT deliver [the mouse], and they usually do. I did not play this week because I flew back into NL on Sat at 6am. I have been rather jet-lagged:- I could not concentrate well in the office so attempting NC was out. I am waking up between 5 and 6am, and then passing out around between 20 and 21hrs.

(We have come back to a city of rubbish because the dustmen have been on strike for over a week. I await a wave of dysentery and cholera. The rats have moved in next door and the fish monger's down the road reeks. This is not a lol smiley, but a depiction of my eyes watering from rotten onions.)

Quote Originally Posted by zii
    (We have come back to a city of rubbish because the dustmen have been on strike for over a week. I await a wave of dysentery and cholera. The rats have moved in next door and the fish monger's down the road reeks. This is not a lol smiley, but a depiction of my eyes watering from rotten onions.)
    yay for us dutchies, we even make garbage collectors go on strike
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Defender Of The Faith

there is also the new cyborg gaming mouse sorry i dunno who makes the sodding thig

however it can be ajusted to fit your hand perfictly an it is at the high dpi end
    of the scale.

as for me i use a deathader though when i can afford it i will get the new boomslang as i do got big hands and i have the opisit prob to you looool

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    yay for us dutchies, we even make garbage collectors go on strike
    Think garbage collectors are whiny little fucks all over the world..
    Definitely cant count the times they have been on strike in Denmark on one hand

UUUH EDIT!!

I need a new mouse too.. My Mx518 don't feel too good anymore..
    One of the side buttons (which i use for stamina boosters in NC) doesn't always work now..
    And sniping in other games is almost impossible, since the right mouse button, doesn't feel like being kept pushed down

Anyone know of a good Logitech mouse with side buttons, that has about the same size as the Mx518? And that aren't stupidly expensive?
    Last edited by Dr Phil; 17-05-10 at 10:38.

I had a logitech G7 and loved that mouse but it developed the issue with the switch on the LMB breaking down, so rather than spend a couple of quid fixing it, I bought a really nice mouse.

It's a Microsoft Sidewinder X5, it has 3 buttons on top for sensitivity, 400,1000,2000 resolution, two thumb buttons and a macro button, so if you want the top thumb button to make you jump up, turn around, pull a feather out of your hat and rain death and destruction, set the macro up, push the top button. It also has another button, can't remember what it's for.

It's got weights if you like a heavy mouse and, get this, 3 different types of shoes so you can adjust traction. It's a decent enough mouse, wouldn't say it's uber comfortable to hold, but it's not uncomfortable either, it also has red lights underneath so, yeah, it's groovy.

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

:O lexxuk, long time

what kind of prices are all those mouses going for? i never saw the point of all those extra buttons but the stam stuff is handy

My bad, it's not the X5 I got, it's the Sidewinder... just Sidewinder, I don't even get an X or a number, bastards >.< It's around £40.

One good thing, you can set the top button up for instant 180, so instead of turning your mouse around, you push the button and you instantly turn 180 degrees to shoot whoever is behind you.

A mouse is just one of those things isn't it, you don't really notice it in your hand until you think about it too much, it's just.... there, hello little mouse!

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxuk
    My bad, it's not the X5 I got, it's the Sidewinder... just Sidewinder, I don't even get an X or a number, bastards >.< It's around £40.

One good thing, you can set the top button up for instant 180, so instead of turning your mouse around, you push the button and you instantly turn 180 degrees to shoot whoever is behind you.

A mouse is just one of those things isn't it, you don't really notice it in your hand until you think about it too much, it's just.... there, hello little mouse!
    Im using the Sidewinder aswell and it's the best mouse I have ever used. And it actually does let you create macros to jump, spin around, and pull feathers out your arse

And the Mouse Sensitivity buttons work wonders in cod4

Any ideas how to make a macro for spin around in NC on a Razer mouse. Perhaps I can enter attack sequence alpha gamma like they did in StarTrek.

Quote Originally Posted by zii
    Any ideas how to make a macro for spin around in NC on a Razer mouse. Perhaps I can enter attack sequence alpha gamma like they did in StarTrek.
    Use macro express and make a complex and accurate mouse movement macro. If you really want to do it I really do suggest getting the sidewinder mouse as you can calibrate the spin while you are in game by simply pressing and holding the allocated button and spinnign as much as you wish.

It is also a very good laugh to callobrate it by spinning loads of times then spamming the button while crouching and shooting, makes for a good party trick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast