Default FRE at loading screen

I recently decided i'd log into good old NC, but alas as soon as the client gets past the loading screen (just before login screen) it crashes. I originally was getting an FRE, so I disabled my firewall (I got a new firewall since last playing NC) and now it crashes but theres no FRE alert...

Any advice, i'm aware some people have had similar problems, but most of the fixes dont seem to work (i tried moving the game files but to no avail)

do u use vista/7, did you try a different directX version, did you update or downgrade your graphics drivers, did you try windowed mode(software renderer)?

give some more info on what you tried, what didn't work, if you tried a fresh reinstall, a file check, ur system specs, etc etc
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I'm running XP, did file integrity check, that was all clear. I've tried windowed that didn't work either. Pretty sure I haven't upgraded drivers since last play, i'll maybe try a downgrade though. I have game disks, but I won't commit to a reinstall (and hence patch marathon) until i've exhausted all other methods. God damn I just want a fix of neocrack

The only thing I can really think of in your situation is the graphics drivers. What card are you running?

Im using an nVidia 7800 gtx, i've had no problems with it before. It's funny, me and a few m8s were just talking about like old games we used to love and like i just got a real urge to play NC Thanks for the help so far guys, hopefully i'll see some of you online soon.

Has happened to me before, a reinstall should do the trink just fine.

i think on the forums there's a thread to one guy who uploaded a full patched version for use on linux, if you have a quick internet connection that might be quicker than having to patch it all (nc doesnt require install, I always keep an installed version on an external harddrive to copy over when i format my pc)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Open ur taskmanager and kill every single process even the explorer.exe.
    Had the same problem and the jusched.exe made my Neocron fatal at your mentioned point.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

oh no, now nobby is gonna tell us how he invented that and noone gives him credit for it!

I can second that the Java update scheduler app (jusched.exe) can cause problems with NC. Hope to see you ingame soon!

Right, i've taken the plunge and gone for a full disk reinstall + patch. This fking better work lol.

Was just thinking the other day, how will it feel when (whenever that day may be) we find out that the Neocron servers are shut down for good. I mean, without the servers we can't play the game. It will be weird not being able to just log into the game on a whim. I think it will be weird looking back to the days of neocron 20-30 years from now, knowing we can never enter that world again.

At least i've got a selection of the music on my mp3 for whenever the mood strikes me

FML, the patcher keeps hanging at patch #147.... This is so annoying. Granted I am using the PC for other purposes at the same time, but it should be able to patch without stalling nonetheless.

Did you even try reducing your memory usage?
    I think if you download a newer installer, it will start you at patch 158, so you don't have to worry about it hanging at 147.