Merc and Terra just went back offline, guess the dbs need a reshuffle.

Something obviously went wrong with the re-configuration. We are working on it! As I've said: Old technology doing things that are not predictable.
    "Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly *why* the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash
    Es ist offensichtlicherweise etwas schiefgelaufen bei der Neukonfiguration der Server. Wir arbeiten aber bereits dran. Wie ich gesagt hatte: Alte Technik die Dinge macht die man nicht erwartet hδtte.
    There is something wrong with offensichtlicherweise the reconfiguration of the server. But we are already tuned. As I had said, old technology makes things that you would not expect

is the translation for non Geman speakers :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    A group of nerds feel oppressed and want a place to build their Star Trek model kits. They go into the wastelands and build Tech Haven. Geeks.
    To this day the Twilight Guardian still haven't fucking grown up.
    Population is low in Neocron (nothing new there).

Just like everyone else, I have 3 accounts with 4 characters on each server, all but 2 were high level/trade skillers/farming characters etc, and all of them have gone.

I've got 2 characters on my first account called Uyuyuyu and Phoenixburst, no idea what these characters are but they just randomly appeared in slots that are taken up by my rifle spy and PE

I hope it's just a DB fuck up and we can get the characters back, I'd hate to think my WoC spy with all those appartments and rares has just vanished.

I would imagine that login (account) and world (world) servers are up and running, but actual character (population) servers are not up, or have problems (which is why noone has any chars, or they have random cahracters).
    A group of nerds feel oppressed and want a place to build their Star Trek model kits. They go into the wastelands and build Tech Haven. Geeks.

They should still have all the player data. It's just a matter of adding it to the server db properly... Like SnowCrash said, there's something wrong and they're working on it.

At least now we're not waiting 2 weeks for a "third-party" to come back from holidays...

Exclamation Update

FYI the announcement has been updated.

An issue has occurred during the re-configuration of the servers which has resulted in a mix-up of database data.

This has happened as the servers have been completely re-installed which has not happened for quite some time. Our IT department is currently working hard to bring the servers back online in their correct state.

Please appreciate this will take some time and we cannot guarantee the servers will be back online today.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Exclamation Update

Some more information for you guys.
    The issue relating to mismatched character data has now been resolved; characters should now be available on the correct servers in the state they were in previous to the downtime. We apologise for the extended nature of the downtime but the servers are now back up and running for your enjoyment.

Mars is currently online as a four character slot server, for the time being please do not use these additional slots while we obtain an official confirmation that the server won’t be returning to a one slot server. Should the server be reduced back to one slot no compensation will be given for characters made after the downtime and then lost from these new slots.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 09-04-10 at 17:21. Reason: typo
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Nice to see everything back, I'll poke around NC later.

So what spec hardware are the new NC servers. (And for the record, what was the old spec?)

Do we get free items?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Regarding the following warning:
    Mars is currently online as a four character slot server, for the time being please do not use these additional slots while we obtain an official confirmation that the server won’t be returning to a one slot server. Should the server be reduced back to one slot no compensation will be given for characters made after the downtime and then lost from these new slots.
    An official announcement will be made after weekend with regard to the future of Mars. Until then, the warning stands just in case. Feel free to play about, but don't get too used to your character names or stuff there. In addition, if a name is created on those slots and those slots are later deleted, there is a chance that name may not be usable again on that server. Just a heads up.

Do we get free items?
    Nelly n. ('nεli) Not on yours, pal.
    Last edited by Hoder; 09-04-10 at 19:04.
    Hoder
    Neocron Support Team

»Are you questioning the authority of the NEOCRON POLICE DEPARTMENT???«

Be nice if my housemate's job didn't involve checking and uploading videos. Then my ping wouldn't be 2000+ half the time and I could play....

just logged in and ran a quicky with my droner outside MB.. game is working fine.. a little too fine.. everything is spawning like 10 seconds after it dies... which it never used to do before.. used to take like 45sec to 1 minute.

Everything seems fine at the moment. Just a few hiccups at my end with sync bugs...

1) 7 times out of 10, when syncing into another zone... the sync bar remains on screen for 15secs or so, meaning I cannot move around but can most probably be attacked.

2) After what seems like a set amount of time, the game randomly syncs out completely and requires me to either logout, or alt F4. This only used to happen when I was afk (which was fine) but its now doing it whilst im running around PVPing and other stuff.

Besides that, the game seems to run alot smoother than before. Its nice to be back either way

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Freaking hell?!!!? NC is back?! Im surprised...

Geez and just my luck, that it gets back up one of the days im out drinking!

Well, fuck this, im out bitches, cya in game!!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast