NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Please do me a favour and reserve judgement on that until you know a bit more... That's all I ask. What have you got to lose?

N
    I lost Allods Online :P TBH you may say what will I lose but if I lose BP then I lose a lot. I'm a guy who plays MMORPG's as his 2nd Hobby and that the first being ATVing So yes I do have a life lol.

I want BP and even this so called Neocron 3 to work out. But F2P grrr even the good ones always tricked me in the end lol.

But I will wait and find out before I even tell anyone about how I hate the idea. I'm always willing to give someone a chance.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [K1]Luke
    Let's pray

In all honesty I haven't kept up to date with BP, it looks like a good game but other than NC and WoW I don't have much time for other MMO's, I'm just wondering if you guys aren't charging by the month will the money you get from, what I presume is, buying in-game items for real money really be enough to keep the game running?

It's a great undertaking and would give you a legendary status (at least to those who haven't tasted Neocron :P) in the MMO world if you can pull it off, so good luck with that
    The most profitable MMOs out there use a no sub/real cash buys ingame items setup. Of course, the most profitable ones have no limits on what you can spend, along the lines of Project Entropia and several chinese MMORPGs where you can sink as much cash as you like into ingame currency. Even beyond that, free to play and "micro" transactions for small ingame items has generally been shown to be more profitable than the traditional subscription model.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    The most profitable MMOs out there use a no sub/real cash buys ingame items setup. Of course, the most profitable ones have no limits on what you can spend, along the lines of Project Entropia and several chinese MMORPGs where you can sink as much cash as you like into ingame currency. Even beyond that, free to play and "micro" transactions for small ingame items has generally been shown to be more profitable than the traditional subscription model.

I hope they don't do so called bad research like a lot of the asian ones claim to have done. I have ran some private servers and for legal reasons I will not talk about what and how and why. But I have run them and I can tell you the small things especially the convenient things is what sells.

For example a portal to take you to certain areas or faster out of combat regen and things like that. The things that cause many people to quit are the ones that give you advantages over other people.

Yeah some will buy it but you also lost your player base and a lot people don't know it does not cost you 10000's to run servers most can be done with 500-1000 bucks and that's counting backup systems and such. Of course if you have 1,000 and 1,000 of players that does of course scale up but in the end also becomes cheaper since MMORPG's don't use much bandwidth per user especially when your counting AVG's out.

Anyways I think to much I have no job and bored :P

Anyways Neocron 3 I hope it becomes true but I have no hope
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

I know alot of us are frustrated with NC & Reakktor, for whatever reasons you have. We players are a hard lot to please really. Our tastes and flavor of play is a difficult dish and the recipie for our pallate is an acquired one.
    But, in the end, what may turn out to be the best for NC3 is, as the letter tells us, a completely focused BP effort. From what I gather, they have half or less the dev staff of similar companies doing similar things, and with it they gave us Neocron.

Sometimes, you just have to wait until the Chef is done with the table next to you, munching on breadsticks and enjoying the view.
    ...I'll have the Plasma Cannon, extra crispy. And the Pulselaser, medium rare...
    Moe Hazard CST; Pencilneck RES; Halogen Black HtRC-Spy; Ammobucket HtHC-Tank; Aeon Blur HtRC-PE; Liberty Blaze HtRC-PE; Ajax Friday PPU; Dane Brammage HtHC-Tank; Rustybox LtRC/Poker
    ...it may help to have friends in high places, but its better--I find--to have cordial acquaintances everywhere...

nc 1 feeling without the bugs exploit and new graphic and a new netcode.. i dont want more
    Quote Originally Posted by Chobo
    Lieber Gott, nachdem du im letzten Jahr meinen Lieblingsmusiker Michael Jackson, meinen Lieblingsschauspieler Patrick Swayze, meine Lieblingsschauspielerin Farraw Fawcett und meinen Lieblingsschriftsteller Mario Benedetti zu Dir geholt hast,teile ich dir mit, dass mein Lieblingsfußballer Kevin Kuranyi ist!
    das kann nur von chobo sein ^^

I agree with ncelite, perhaps also f2p to get the populations booming

I say they should do whatever they have to do to guarantee their success for now. It sounds as if the success of BP may bring NC3 in line as their next project. If that's the case then focus on BP!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebul
    I say they should do whatever they have to do to guarantee their success for now. It sounds as if the success of BP may bring NC3 in line as their next project. If that's the case then focus on BP!
    I couldn't agree more. Most people know that NC will run off the back of BP (or at least for a while) so it only seems smart to focus on BP, make it a big success then use the reputation you get from BP to help launch a new Neocron, or at least to help promote a new patch etc.

the myth and the concept Richard Slade's Avatar

By God I will believe until day the MJS himself comes here and says it's fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    If it was bland and politically correct it would be utter crap.

Could be interesting to see Neocron converted into a F2P mmo, with decent marketing and signup process, perhaps some changes to the way weapons and xp are earnt, and maybe an item mall.

I would like to see Neocron continue, and not sit idle or dormant whils BP has its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Slade
    By God I will believe until day the MJS himself comes here and says it's fake.
    Complemented with a nice flash promo by CDV

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe
    CDV
    HSSSSssssssss....

I apologize, I should have -censored- that part

For mentioning CDV, Phunqes TGM membership is being reviewed as we speak

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

It looks like one or two of the Neocron factions live on as they appear to be around (in one form or another) in Black Prophecy.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast