Default [OT] Global Agenda ... ripped off NC's advertising campaign

http://www.globalagendagame.com/Medi..._No_Elves.html

Game's being released in a couple of days via Steam... looks kinda good I guess, not so sure, but they totally stole Neocron's anti-elf campaign idea for a futuristic MMOFPS.

It doesn't seem like a persistent, continuous world though. More like a CTF FPS game with some character advancement, clans/agencies, and territory conquest (which I've seen in fighting games even).
    Last edited by Koshinn; 30-01-10 at 23:43.
    S e k h m e t

The game "Looks" pretty, but tbh, the combat mechanics look ... hmm...

well the right example would be...

Someone playing neocron who was a massive fan of UT and finding his 50 shots to ones head did nothing...

I don't like how it's all spruced up yet you see in the trailer people being blown up to no avail.

hmm...

I'll leave it at that

oh and the whole "infomercial" of the trailer feels too geeky to be over joyed about : \

Maybe if they actually had actors rather than the game's Developers try their hand at it...
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Yeah, the voice actors really suck, and their mocap is ridiculously exaggerated and painful to look at.

The armor they're wearing is completely unrealistic. In modern warfare, you camouflage yourself so you don't take hits in the first place. In Global Agenda, you attach giant neon lights to your armor.
    S e k h m e t

I thought it was funny, and that's actually about a year+ old. I've seen it somewhere before.

There is actually an elf girl model in Neocron. Ask a GM to turn into one someday.

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

wow,this doesn´t look like a ut3 based crossover mix of planetside,ut3 and section 8 at all *clap clap*.hope this game wont die like tabula rasa after one or two years.would be a shame
    Inspector Mittens

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface_Speak
    wow,this doesn´t look like a ut3 based crossover mix of planetside,ut3 and section 8 at all *clap clap*.hope this game wont die like tabula rasa after one or two years.would be a shame
    tabula rasa survived a year? thought they closed it down after a few months?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Na,was retail at Nov 2007 and shut down early in 2009.Epic Win.

Guys,im sorry.I know im totally derailing this thread but after reading THIS
    i dont want play GA anymore.This sounds like Hellgate to me lol
    http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answe...9fNDVPKmpUag==

have fun
    Inspector Mittens

lol
    campaign for GA is the same campaign NC used years ago: No more elvs ...

they seems to be very avant gardist in communication

Kal
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

nc is simply ahead of everything else by giant leaps

... in terms of concept at least - implementation is a different story unfortunately

i played it a few hours now. gameplay is kind of smooth. if the pvp works out well i see myself playing that for at least a few months
    Quote Originally Posted by Slith
    Auch wenn er frueher fuer meinen geschmack zu oft (Lowbird-)Pistol gespielt hat ist Cadgar einer der verdammt guten PvPler, die einen mit jeder Klasse ins schwitzen bringen koennen - und das ohne Modifikationen. Davon gibt es wirklich nicht viele.

Das er trotzdem das Maul zu weit aufmacht ist denke ich verstaendlich, irgendwann wird jeder wuetend wenn er umengen an Bullshit lesen muss.

Also played it, and I like it. I don't know if it will be able to hold me more than a few months.

Btw, NC had "no more elves", GA has "No elves". So totally different.

But if I remember correctly, that is how they got me: Saw that trailer, and I thought: What the heck, they are stealing the NC campaign!

lol ye "no Elves"

i like that game, well dont think i will be a longterm go like NC.....

join AfterDark or the NC alliance
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn
    Yeah, the voice actors really suck, and their mocap is ridiculously exaggerated and painful to look at.

The armor they're wearing is completely unrealistic. In modern warfare, you camouflage yourself so you don't take hits in the first place. In Global Agenda, you attach giant neon lights to your armor.
    Because Regant armor makes sense right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax
    Because Regant armor makes sense right?
    Hey I'm not saying NC armor makes sense either.
    S e k h m e t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast