Nerf Me

Default Constant FRE when attempting to log in. Help!

Hello, just wondered if anyone else is having this problem -

Every time i try to log in the game appears to encounter a runtime error. Either i'll resume and log in the last char i was on, it will display synch and then the cursor will appear and a fatal "ding", i can hear sound but the screen will not progress. When i use the enter option it will get to my character screen and then fatal.

I have tried everything up my sleeve, Running file integrity checks, changing port numbers, using default settings, running as adminitrator and even re-installing the game. It happens time after time. Every so often i can get on a character, but as soon as i exit the game the problem occurs again over and over.

This problem has only started occuring as of yesterday, i've been running the game no problems for over a month and have had very little synch/FRE problems, and i'm really out of clues as to what to do.

My computer is more than capable of running the game, and i'm currently on windows 7.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Self complementing quote from another suckup.

Don't eat that yellow snow

Do the following:

Move the installation directory out of "C:\Program Files", C:\neocron2 is fine.

Right click on neocronlauncher.exe and select propeties->compatibility and there "Windows XP SP2", do the same for client.exe.

Run the game in windowmode, in the launcher select configuration->configure hardware and there select windowmode for Mode setting.
    Last edited by Nanook; 29-01-10 at 08:48.

Run client.exe with the argument -precache

x:\path\to\neocron\client.exe -precache

fixes lots of problems for me

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Run client.exe with the argument -precache

x:\path\to\neocron\client.exe -precache

fixes lots of problems for me
    aparently it's against the tos to use client.exe instead of neocron launcher :S (don't ask me why, back when the servers crashed it was the way to be able to play, but they started saying it wasn't allowed)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    aparently it's against the tos to use client.exe instead of neocron launcher :S (don't ask me why, back when the servers crashed it was the way to be able to play, but they started saying it wasn't allowed)
    I saw that somewhere, but sometimes its the only way to launch in Linux. my NeocronLauncher.exe never launched Client.exe properly. Either way, eh can launch Client.exe -precache and then restart the client from NeocronLauncher.exe

Nerf Me

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    Do the following:

Move the installation directory out of "C:\Program Files", C:\neocron2 is fine.

Right click on neocronlauncher.exe and select propeties->compatibility and there "Windows XP SP2", do the same for client.exe.

Run the game in windowmode, in the launcher select configuration->configure hardware and there select windowmode for Mode setting.
    This appears to have worked, thanks very much for the help
    Self complementing quote from another suckup.