Default what's the biggest balancing problem?

Our discussions in the recent weeks told us "stop the cheaters", "fix the netcode" and "fix balancing". So: What, in your opinion, is the single most urgent balancing problem? Why? And what should be done? In PvP and in PvE?

WoC.

Sorted.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

the biggest balancing problem. would be not having a stable working game and payment system. till they do that this game is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    WoC.
    I'd disagree.

I'd say melee and APU.

OK, let me elaborate.

WoC has been poorly implemented. Rather than cater to all the classes it really only caters for two; the spy and private eye.

As a result we see the same setups and the same people using the stupidly overpowered weapons like the x-bow or the ak. The tank and monks haven't nearly got as many toys as these classes and as such there is a divide. WoC has really unbalanced things, there is no variety and there is no incentive to get it on a monk or tank.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

x-bow or the ak
    Or the reaper or swat or dizzy or barretta or freeman or slasher or all the other weapons that are actually quite good if used right.

I'll agree though on the point that more can be done with it, but I wouldn't say WoC in unbalanced.

Ok poorly implemented then. Like hacknet.

Ok poorly implemented then. Like hacknet.
    nanite thingys / roasted giant cockroach
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Someone with an AK can be taken down with a tank one on one. If I can do it then anyone can do it ;P

Hacknet would be more useful if it was a viable alternative form of transport, but presently one hacks in and always ends up in the faction HQ: Yawn. Otherwise, I am unsure of its raison d'etre.

I don't know where these cheaters are: I only hear about them, but never witness them...

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    I'd disagree.

I'd say melee and APU.
    Just wondering, whats wrong with melee and apus other than they were over nerfed imo...
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Nerf Me

In addition to all of the above, which i agree with, A List of problems and suggestions for fixing them:

Netcode - Obviously this isnt a problem that can be fixed easily, if at all, but putting a cap on the run speed would help this. Clipping has increased significantly since people started pumping hundreds of points into athletics, put a cap on it at a REASONABLE speed. Please dont over-nerf it.

APU's - APU's are currently considerably weaker than the other classes in PvP, and without a PPU you die insanely fast. This has always been the case, but i feel that a tad more survivability with a moderate damage increase could make APU's viable again. APU just doesnt do enough damage to warrant it's lack of speed and resistances. Furthermore, give the APU some utility back, such as the anti-buff, which i never think should have been moved to PPU's in the first place. This should make them viable for at least OP fights again.

Melee - Melee does no-where near enough damage and was over-nerfed. Simple one really, increase the damage output of melee specced tanks and PE's. Remove the negative athletics incurred when wearing Melee PA as well, like the old version.
    Last edited by Cromac; 31-12-09 at 00:17.
    Self complementing quote from another suckup.

Clipping...stealth tool...
    Last edited by Vila; 30-12-09 at 23:53.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Lack of any consistent weapon balance is the problem. The point of balancing was to bring all weapons into some sort of line, that didn't happen.

Also, returning Tanks to their rightful place as gods of straight-up combat has left APUs without a good role. They need one - my suggestion is debuff class.

Finally, it's worth noting that PPUs are still too important. I know it's a hard line to tread but well - it's not quite right at the moment.

Also, my phrase was always "finish" balancing. KK began it by changing up a lot of systems and giving themselves some better levers to use. But they were never prepared to spend the time and effort to actually tweak all these things into line. Made worse of course by the numerous bugs out there that they seem unable to fix (beam weapons, damage bounce, too much armour = none at all, etc)
    Last edited by CMaster; 31-12-09 at 00:36.

Keeping in mind design plan behind APUs they are the glass cannon and their damage potential should reflect that, same as their squishiness...

However currently, while they are still glass, they are more like glass rifles than glass cannons... still can be deadly but no where near as deadly as glass cannons. I personnally feel the freq was hit a bit too hard; while yes the old 105/min was too high, i think 30some/min is much too low. A good balance point to start would be around 65-70/min.

Regarding PPUs, the diminishing shields and slightly lower heal i think were a step in the right direction. There's no way to remove the importance of ppus because frankly doing so would kill the class design (healer/buffer support that suck at its job isn't going to attract anyone).

Lastly, for the monk issue, if there is still outcry about increasing the freq of the spells, one thing we can consider then is to lower the hybrid malus by half. This is because if we're not going to give APUs their full fury back then allow some APUs to go hybrid so as to get some survivability back to compensate for their lack of "punch".

Just my 2nc
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

agree on whats been said about melee tanks, yer they were overpowered back in the day, but teh way KK dealt with it just sucks. Honestly since WoC i think the WHOLE weapon system needs to be looked at again for all classes, monks used to be fun to play especially hybrids, but rememember all the whining that went on in here? Same with melee and PE's currently thing is KK are too busy to care/do anything.

NC used to be about being different and having to constantly tweak your char. Not like today, roll a pe, stick 2million points into agil get WoC kill people in P2 rinse, repeat.

Id like to see test open again with dev attendance and PROPER guided testing like that used to happen. I spent many days with carb etc on test looking at dmg and resists, loads of other people did too.

Maybe now things are a bit brighter for KK we will see some change, but PLEASE kk prioritise your work, NETCODE, CLIPPING, CHEATERS and then work on balancing with the input of your community

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast