Thread: [ot] Linux!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default [ot] Linux!

I am so advanced and badass, THAT YOU DO NOT NEED LOUDER VOLUME ON YOUR LAPTOP. DAMMIT.

I'm just venting a little bit, but I have yet to get away from Windows 7 and jump back on the Linux wagon, I know, I'm a horrible person, especially after having the avatar I have.

I'm thinking about the new Ubuntu beta Koala Kangaroo Jackrabbit Giraffe whatever it is.

thank you for that made my day
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Ubuntu 9.10 is nice, are you running it yet?
    “Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest swordfighter in the world.”

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

I am running Ubuntu 9.04, and after patching it to the latest levels from whatever is in Canonical's repos, it runs well. Even the sound works.

sound in ubuntu is badass. You can crank it up to over 130% now, what is way more louder then in windows.

And yes fullscreen flash works now too.
    Die Rechtschreibfehler in meinen Postings verstecken sich dort vor Chuck Norris.
    Ich laber nicht. Ich liefere Loesungen!

I don't like ubuntu i think that canonical isn't suited to the Open Source community... In many website there are ppl complaining about how canonical doesn't help the community source code and stuff. Nonetheless it's true to say that canonical did a good job to spread the word of linux around the world! I personally i like any RPM based distribs... I'm considering to use PClinux OS or Cent OS now, as those distribs don't support the shameful and worthless PulseAudio.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    ... don't support the shameful and worthless PulseAudio.
    hear hear. Pulse Audio is painfully painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Selket
    sound in ubuntu is badass. You can crank it up to over 130% now, what is way more louder then in windows.

And yes fullscreen flash works now too.
    uhm, using vlc I can boost the volume to 200% of the default sound levels of wmp and winamp, or is that something else? :P
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

They finally addressed the issue of LOW LOW LOW sound on Laptops. I hated that.

And still no support for dxt decompression in the open source radeon drivers to run neocron under wine for all of us, who have an one year "old" ati gfx card :-(

It's really annoying to switch OSes when you only want to switch programs.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    thats why I run windows 99% of the useful open source programs run on windows too, or have superior commercial versions, plus all the normal windows stuff :P

(no linux bashing intended, it's great at what it does, just doesn't do enough for me)

Default Linux

Linux is not my usual OS to use but i have used it but i still prefer windows i find it much better and been brought up with windows.
    Bring on the new patch and disable the cheat. Well done KK

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    And still no support for dxt decompression in the open source radeon drivers to run neocron under wine for all of us, who have an one year "old" ati gfx card :-(

Meh, I thought ATI open sourced their drivers? I'm glad NVIDIA keeps somewhat on top of the drivers for Linux. I have never had a problem with NVIDIA hardware on an AMD platform in Linux. It is just a perfect little mashup.

I found out why Neocron felt so much better in Linux vs Windows.............................mouse acceleration !

I was always a bit more accurate in Linux vs Windows and I never understood why until now. Mouse acceleration! I have heard of this for CS:S but never really used it because...why? I was never into CS:S very much.

Time to jump in game on Linux and be called a hacker again <3

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Meh, I thought ATI open sourced their drivers? I'm glad NVIDIA keeps somewhat on top of the drivers for Linux. I have never had a problem with NVIDIA hardware on an AMD platform in Linux. It is just a perfect little mashup.

I found out why Neocron felt so much better in Linux vs Windows.............................mouse acceleration !

I was always a bit more accurate in Linux vs Windows and I never understood why until now. Mouse acceleration! I have heard of this for CS:S but never really used it because...why? I was never into CS:S very much.

Time to jump in game on Linux and be called a hacker again <3
    actually mouse acceleration could be turned off and work perfectly :P

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    actually mouse acceleration could be turned off and work perfectly :P
    In XP. In Vista and 7 it seems that it gets turned back on when you go in game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast