Thread: NSkill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It's managed.
    That is its biggest + but also the biggest -

I personally use it for simple, gui prototyping. Alltho i tend to use java for the real gui products because of the portability. Last thing in that direction was the GUI to a multihop capable wireless mesh network zeroconfig service. Which in itself we did with ansi C, oldy but goldy.

C# here was a good choice. Learning expierience for the author from basic to a C-branch with quick and good looking results.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    CA power armour is still not in there pm'ed u or stevenJ about it but I think we can add it to the .txt files?
    You got it. Just add it to the text files my good man. And yes there are a couple of items missing as I was doing the text files half asleep and probably drunk

I've been messing around with it today (fixing some minor bugs, cleaning the code), and well ... i got a question on the behaviour on Windows (but i guess it's rather a nskill bug and something i don't yet see then a mono one)

Can someone check on windows:
    When there are weapons shown on the left panel and you right-click on one of the weapon items, does the context-menu open as well as the item-stats dialog?
    Does the Item-Stats dialog close for you again?

Thanks.

when I rightclick on the image of a weapon, the item stats thingy appears, and only leaves when i click OK, when I right click on the rest of the weapons panel, the add weapons menu appears (context menu)
    this is on 32 bit windows xp
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Thanks, Biglines.

So it is indeed a difference in mono.
    Don't know if i should address this. Not much ppl are using it under non windows systems ;-)

i added a few things to the text files but how do I get the .exe to read from it? i.e. i modified the values for the MC5 DS cuz its out of date but the actual executable doesnt report the change.
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

it probably needs to be recompiled for that to work, the beta version a few years back was only 1 exe file without any other files
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Well i'm using hte premature release by mighty max posted in this thread...

in any case when should we expect a formal update then? =D
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Yes, Steven limited the txt files to be only used from the compiled resources instead of the external files. I think i remember he told me that he got asked to make it not editable because some invalid/not obtainable items were floating around in the nskill setups.

I (with the help of the unex team) am currenlty reworking it. Well, started just a few days ago and progressing slowly due to some higher priority ;-) but it's worked on.

As silent000 already said, there are many lose ends in the code and they produced a lot of knots. It should be easier to start clean and readd the features step by step in a systematic way.

The current step is to create the library doing the calculations behind all the numbers. Maybe we will see more skill planning programs with additional features (i.e. milestones, planning of whole teams, view of damage against/from another planned setup, ... whatever you can think of relating to skill planning)

I will release the library with the final class diagram and probably some more docs once it got to a relatively usable version, so everyone can work with it. I will need to evaluate if we can release the source of the lib then under an open source licence too.

The current class diagram is added to this post. It lacks a lot of features and interfaces between the classes. But well it might provide a very small glimpse of what the lib is going to be if you want to work with it.
    If you want just an improving NSkill, please have the patience while we work on it.

Hello,
    I would like to know if anyone have a good links?
    thank you

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    quick and good looking results.
    Awww. You Ahem! That's something I guess

Yeah, I'm sorry for the delay in acting on anything to do with NSkill - or NC in general - but things (i.e. life) get in the way, often in the worst possible way.

I can't say I'm around to work on anything just yet, but I will try to help more in future, if I can help.

MM is correct, the source quickly became too complex when I rushed things without having the correct forumlae (or even, the method in which the forumlae worked: let me give you this hint, it's not a series of equations, rather an algorithm) so that did complicate things... massively - fools rush in, etc - a rebuild would most definitely be the best thing. Even Barry Boehm would hit me given the chance

The unex team does have the source, but trust me, it's in no release state. Do you know the class change is triggered by the base colour of the form changing? That's a stupid (I feel bad even admitting to this in public!) coding joke me and a friend had. That the joke exists in the code should give you all you need to know

It would have been really nice to work more fully with the unex team, in that I did the pretty usability stuff and the rest of the guys did the maths and (well, erm, hard) stuff, but this was half done beforehand and time is a complete bitch :P

/Edit

Haha, and FFS, you should have seen V1's code

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    Haha, and FFS, you should have seen V1's code
    I still have it on my comp lol

Ahhhh he's still breathing :-)
    Hey nice to see you again StevenJ

Yeah, it wasn't meant as an rant, i know it perfectly well how things get messy in this area :-p It's kind of inherent property for naturaly grown projects. And the result looks and works very good in it's use.

Before you let this rob your spare time, try to have some fun playing NC again. (Hey x-mas holidays upcoming!) When you want to work on NSkill at some point again, just give us a shout. We all are kind of busy rl, but fun is fun ;-)

I love you, I've been looking for this everywhere but these forums! :P

Smile

Quite the handy tool.

"A mad man on tha run"

---------------------------

Vaden: **/67 PE

Sorcerer: **/59 MNK

Havoc: **/60 Spy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast