I would love to see some more screenshots, seems like your still working hard.

Also, what must one do to have a go at making a map for this?

uhm, for just making the maps is probably enough to own any hl2 multiplayer game, for playing our maps you need an orangebox game (tf2, portal, Orange box itself), and also to make use of the newest things we use.

once u have one of those games, u can download the source SDK (in the tools panel in steam) and run hammer from there, there's loads of tutorials on using hammer
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Gimme a shout when you do first test sessions on your HL server. I am looking forward to see you work personally.
    "Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly *why* the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash
    Gimme a shout when you do first test sessions on your HL server. I am looking forward to see you work personally.
    will do, work on phase 1 is progressing slowly but steadily, the maps are reaching maturity, the models are getting done

another call for help here: we need people who can code in c++
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

As much as I'd love to help, college has kept my schedule full up.
    What exactly do you want programmed? If I have something specific to work on, I might be able to help better.

I would love to see some more screenshots, seems like your still working hard.
    I'm 90% done my map (now includes P2/P1 zone line conflicts) I'll try to post some screens in the next week or two.

I look forward to fragging you
    [Nidhogg[Mod|IFW]] I'll pretend I didn't see the file 'Neocrackv3.exe' ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus
    I look forward to fragging you
    especially if we're the admins and he's just a lowly player :P

update on some of the stuff I've made so far:

Yes, the desks are ugly, ill have to re do them probably, (they look different in blender)

and yes, there have to be holographic signs added to the ad frame, this is just the frame though (note I added this to the only map I could find on the svn, please upload the source of your maps on there too, I will not upload this version though unless you want to have it)

Edit: oh and the dude that made the subway (can't remember atm), there are a bunch of textures missing, try to use only hl2M textures or your own

Edit 2: Oh and I don't know if the lighting would be better if I recompiled it, I only updated the entities in the map, no RAD or VIS done now

Ooops I haven't re-upped that map in a long time
    (That's been re-textured entirely, and the upstairs has been added).

I now have a tf2 and a dm version with no texture conflicts.

Great looking props.

Side note:

For the dm map release, I wounder if we can include actor props like him with invulnerability?

EDIT: In that version its a single texture missing- one I was using as a place holder when I couldn't find a perfect texture.

ye no worries, was just a warning to make sure the textures we use are both legal and available

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus
    For the dm map release, I wounder if we can include actor props like him with invulnerability?
    do you mean specific neocron npc's? yes that's possible, but atm my wishlist for nc human models is:
    -Pe pa
    -PP strippers (I'd say this is the most NC-specific model, plus it gives me a nice excuse for the missus to work on a female model :P)
    -shop npc's

No just the random old dude you have there (character from hl).
    I'm not expecting you to push out any character models before our map only release.

the old dude there is simply a prop_dynamic with as world model preen or green or whatever he's called

Wow really nice work dude and looking almost spot on.

ah damn, I just see I forgot to make the sharp edges sharp...