NC For Free!

Red face Suggestions on Bring NC2.2 back from the dead.. (Free 2 Play)

Yes the game is so called Free 2 Play now but we need a plan and a better setup..

1) Every banner on this site including the forums have it say Free 2 Play...
    2) Redo the account maker and drop all the billing crap off.
    3) Start advertising and by this its simple we do it not you.. Were free 2 play now we get to tell the whole world.. Tons of news sites will pickup on this right away.
    4) Over the next few weeks and months include a new pay store crap with things like 50% more exp, more social things, new apartments or more storage?, maybe even pink tanks or something..

There is so much you could do and so much more money you could bring in.. I think at this point its not all about the money but also seeing an active community...

Anyways its an idea unless Reakktor Media is really dead and well this means Neocron is also dead and nothing will ever change again and I just don't know why not help people move on then...

PS the reason me and a few friends don't play or can stand playing NC anymore is there is not any fresh blood and not enough people. We miss walking around and some jerk trys to shoot us and taking him down for being a newb and then swearing at us and aww I miss NC with players.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

NC For Free!

Oh and I will help out on this. I will make a site freshen things up a bit. Host the client on several servers. I mean there is many things us in the community can do for you to help releave this load but we also need you to help out and do 2 things at least.. New account maker and a simple news statement that ur currently F2P..

what about an easy email sent to everyone who had an NC acc?

or give the THN crew a mail list. they managed to send everyone who registerd at THN an email wich told ppl "hey come play NC its free"
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield

or give the THN crew a mail list. they managed to send everyone who registerd at THN an email wich told ppl "hey come play NC its free"

We don't want just old blood who have mostly moved on.. We want to bring in fresh blood to tell there fresh blood to come back..

The account maker process takes like 5min.. I mean I could right it for them if they give me the table structure.

yea that would be all fine and dandy to do this and that, but the fact remains that most people who have played alot in the past do know that its free to play yet they still dont, or they log on like me to 1% over half being LEs and log back out....

merge servers into 1 big gigantic server thats my idea with populations so shitty I think it a bit rediculous to have 3 different servers with a split population, after all ethnicities play all the servers anyways

and yes you could say my idea stems from all the people who played on terra recently moving to mars....and i cant be assed to remake chars all over again I spent the better part of a year getting my fighting account setup on terra
    Colonel Sanders / Norie

NC isn't free 2 play game! it's just free for all EXISTING accounts ( you know those accounts which were created b4 the insolvency thingy). i don't want to have to deal with stupid zombies players from WOW and others games a like. even KK did what you are suggesting to do, tell me which KK employee will work as support, dev, content creation, and others things when all KK staff are kicking their own asses in order to complete BP developement? the rest of my thoughts i'll keep in my brain.... for now maybe later i'll post...

Agreed, I think it's about time KK does what the should have done from day one. Work on filling ONE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    NC isn't free 2 play game! it's just free for all EXISTING accounts ( you know those accounts which were created b4 the insolvency thingy). i don't want to have to deal with stupid zombies players from WOW and others games a like. even KK did what you are suggesting to do, tell me which KK employee will work as support, dev, content creation, and others things when all KK staff are kicking their own asses in order to complete BP developement? the rest of my thoughts i'll keep in my brain.... for now maybe later i'll post...
    My Mate made a account AFTER they said the game will be free and he hasnt payed once.

Hoder and the rest of them said they will help out as much as possible ( but they have lifes outside the game i know i know its hard to believe but its true)

Just make terra in two a 5 slot server. The only reason i say Terra and not Mars is because it would be easyier to move 1 Toon rather then 4
    Last edited by NAPPER; 25-09-09 at 01:40.

NC For Free!

It's not about having a life its Do they have access to do this?

I mean I could do it but there not just going give us access of course.

But were here and wanting this.. I would pay them what they need 100 bucks I'm sure a few others would pitch in they can use that money buy some hookers and beer and spend a couple hours.

Sever Merge
    Both current server pops are on 2 servers, configured differently for obvious reasons. Forget the language barrier, you have a 4 slot server and a 1 slot server. (Mars/Terra)
    The old Pluto or Saturn choice.

Each has a different attraction.

4 slot

Advantages - Self sufficient even without dual log, you get to play different styles depending on clan or mates needs.

Disadvantages - Effectively Kills tradeskilling as most capped guys can do everything themselves(Most Dual log, myself included). Never know who your dealing with! could be the same guy on different chars, one killing you, one trading with you. Grief chars can be used without penalty as 3 more slots are available.

1 Slot
    Advantages - One sole Main Char to work on in both setup and in game reputation. Promotes forming relationships in clans or trade for skills you do not have access to. Make a name for yourself! Grief chars find it hard to survive without other griefers.

Disadvantages - Limits gameplay to one class, unless you delete and start again(or buy another account). Makes solo play almost impossible.

I could think of more but they are the main issues. Nevermind actually carrying out a merge, item loss, char corruption etc. etc!

I play both servers for different reasons, i did back in NC1. I think a server merge would further KILL this game, as some of the current players would have there preffered option removed and leave.

F2P?
    I don't think we are here by design tbh, it has been stated that it is free due to the insolvency, NOT free forever.

However we are where we are! I would strongly ask KK to consider something in this area, as a question i would put to you all is:-

If KK announced accounts would become payable again after such a long time of being Free, who of you would actually sign up to paying again???
    I doubt it would be many.

If KK went down the road of F2P how would they support the costs of this? Setup an Item shop online where you buy cool items? or cash? Chars?

No idea, but it cannot be run for free as support, servers, expected updates cost cold hard cash to deliver.

We all know NC needs attention, but until BP is delivered, KK's future secured and the creditors made happy. We will not see any return of a small team to focus on NC.

Enjoy it while you can!

Closed - Until Further Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield

Nice idea, but sorry no the THN can't email everyone on a 3rd party email list, and the THN could easily be seen as a source of spam as a result. Also I don't think kk could easilly give us a list of everyone's email without a lot of legal issues.

Any other ideas, (Like F2P banners etc) myself and the THN will be happy to help support.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle
    If KK announced accounts would become payable again after such a long time of being Free, who of you would actually sign up to paying again???
    I doubt it would be many.
    I would seriously have to consider that, unless something was done to improve the game as well (patch, increase the resolution on textures, 3rd party anti cheat)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I've already said countlessly how KK could have sorted themselves out from the damn start.

Even if the game was crap/broken/whatever, my method would have made KK fuck loads of money INSTANTLY.

Affiliation, enough said.

Stop with the Free2play crap seriously please, if KK had any bloody marketing sense, they could have a STRIVING MMO without the need to spend a penny.
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

NC For Free!

well if nothing happens soon neocron will die with such future games coming out in a year and stuff.

Right now its like keep neocron live one more time.

I just saw some new POS game called Fallen Earth... When I saw the videos I initially thought it was a new Neocron, but unfortunately it wasn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast