Default Question about old Neocron 1 screenshot

I like looking at NC1 screenshots (the models bring me back), and I've come across some that have stuff in them that I'm unfamiliar with. I played NC1 but not beta. I've never had the pleasure of playing NC when it had the old HUD shown in the pic, either.

I had came across at least 3-4 screens that I was curious about but I can only find this one right now.

What is/was this place and where was it?
    Is it still accessible anywhere?
    Are those vending machine models used anywhere in the game, I've never seen them?
    Same thing with those chairs/tables, are they used anywhere currently?
    Also, what's with the blue COPBOT skin - is it simply the old version of the COPBOT skin, or something else, like a special guard?

NeoCrack Baby

Looks like one of the old Neocron 1 Alpha screenshots.

If I remember, it looks like that might have been a portion of the old Com-Center. All the names in local are GMs if I remember, so it might also be a GM playground area.

As for the blue copbot skin, I've never seen those in-game, except for spawned by GMs on the old test server.
    ME=Grand Master Jedi PIMP

Swimming was a skill in the alpha; hence why you have the oxygen bar.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

oh jees.. memories.

it's the local test area.. when "new" objects were created they were dumped into the room and tested. As I recall there were no doors in or out, you had to transport in (GM move).

I have one in my HL2 NC project for testing objects in "live mode" to see how they react. They're usually closed off rooms with no entrances. They have to be closed because "the void" interferes with processes like loading and interactions due to the nature of it, it takes all your gfx and processor power trying to render.. get this... nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    A group of nerds feel oppressed and want a place to build their Star Trek model kits. They go into the wastelands and build Tech Haven. Geeks.
    To this day the Twilight Guardian still haven't fucking grown up.
    Population is low in Neocron (nothing new there).

Oh, a test area. Neat. It's really weird that the vending machines aren't used anywhere in the game. I wonder why? The model looks great to me. (I mean, yes it looks dated, but I don't mind dated graphics as long as they look good and not sloppily made). The chair model looks good too and I don't think they're used anywhere in the game.

Lol - OXY bar. I didn't notice that.

When I showed this to my friend he pointed out that that blue COPBOT has HUMAN ARMS. It almost looks like the arms of the NC1 Tank model - the one with the vest without sleeves, and gloves on.

OK, found some others:

Is this an old version of the Hovertec, or something else completely?

Where the HELL is this place? Look how close the moon is. Space station? Or is it just a NeoFrag room? I might not have seen all the NeoFrag arenas.

Old Rhino tank? I'm curious as to what type of projectile this vehicle fired. Never seen a fast-moving tank-shell type projectile in Neocron, unless it was like a grenade launcher type projectile?

Is this screenshot doctored or was is there some way or some time when Neocron had dynamic shadows?

last one was probably rendered in 3dsmax or maya at the time, the rhino also looks much better res textured than ingame
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

i kinda of hazily remember seeing those bikes before, but don't think it was this game..

the tank is kinda cool looking, but never seen it.
    the room with the moon looks like something that was from early beta when there was the original "Reeza Space Programme".

the last photo is a touchup which was used in the adverts for websites and box art on the boxed version of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    A group of nerds feel oppressed and want a place to build their Star Trek model kits. They go into the wastelands and build Tech Haven. Geeks.
    To this day the Twilight Guardian still haven't fucking grown up.
    Population is low in Neocron (nothing new there).

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo
    When I showed this to my friend he pointed out that that blue COPBOT has HUMAN ARMS. It almost looks like the arms of the NC1 Tank model - the one with the vest without sleeves, and gloves on.
    Human face too! <=0

your post made me have a look on all the old links on my machine

here few more NC 1 SCREENSHOTS uh yeah good old days
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo
    Is it still accessible anywhere?
    Nope, although there are areas that look similar-ish, some closer than you think

Are those vending machine models used anywhere in the game, I've never seen them?
    Nope, totally removed. Shame really, they look really good and in keeping with the time. I mean, by the 28th Century, aren't all humans replaced by machines or something?

Same thing with those chairs/tables, are they used anywhere currently?
    Yes, you can buy them from furniture shops. My private char has a table just like that in his apartment.

Also, what's with the blue COPBOT skin - is it simply the old version of the COPBOT skin, or something else, like a special guard?
    The model still exists (I can turn into one) but the NPC is long gone, I'm afraid.
    Hoder
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Are you questioning the authority of the NEOCRON POLICE DEPARTMENT???«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    Yes, you can buy them from furniture shops. My private char has a table just like that in his apartment.
    Me too actually, there's a load of booze and a copbot trophy on it.

NO I AM NOT HODER!!

There's pics to prove it too.

Oh neocron, how I love you and your quirky goodness. Great times. scary memories from when I was a nooby little noob, but great times. I still remember when I got my first rare, a Pain Easer. had that thing into NC2, the condition was down to 37%
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

I still have my first judge, a 2 slotter that's now at something like 27/78.
    Thing is over 6 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    last one was probably rendered in 3dsmax or maya at the time, the rhino also looks much better res textured than ingame"
    oh, I also see the stances of the players are different than normal now

Quote Originally Posted by Trilaac
    the room with the moon looks like something that was from early beta when there was the original "Reeza Space Programme"."
    Hmm what is that? I'll search for it. Crap I wanna see that place!.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    Human face too! <=0"
    Oh I see now. It looks actually like it has the same head model as the City Merc NPCs, but the arms of a player model tank. Cool. I remember a long time ago I saw some 2D concept art for NC and it had a police/guard guy in white and light blue armor (a human). Maybe this was the original "Copbot"?

Nope, although there are areas that look similar-ish, some closer than you think "
    Hah cool, I'll go look around. xD
    Nope, totally removed. Shame really, they look really good and in keeping with the time. I mean, by the 28th Century, aren't all humans replaced by machines or something?"
    Damn. I like them, lol. I noticed the title of the pic is called "snackatack.jpg". I wouldn't mind seeing those vending machines inside a snack shop or something along the walls, just as static models, not functional
    Yes, you can buy them from furniture shops. My private char has a table just like that in his apartment."
    Oh yeah, hadn't checked there or thought of that. I like the default layout with the default table/chairs, but always did want to make a custom layout from an empty room, I'd be using that furniture too
    The model still exists (I can turn into one) but the NPC is long gone, I'm afraid."
    ah ok. Poor police all got their jobs taken by robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield
    here few more NC 1 SCREENSHOTS uh yeah good old days"
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    Oh neocron, how I love you and your quirky goodness. Great times. scary memories from when I was a nooby little noob, but great times. I still remember when I got my first rare, a Pain Easer. had that thing into NC2, the condition was down to 37% "
    My favorite NC1 pics of all time are the ones populated with tons of players. I'm sure they are staged for screenshots but I think they're awesome and well done.
    Ones like these:
    http://www.gamershell.com/static/scr...28261_full.jpg
    http://www.gamershell.com/static/scr...28263_full.jpg

I don't care what anyone says; I loved the old models. Last pic is very close to the old login screen. I miss that screen as well, lol.
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen002.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I miss Neocron!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast