One day, i will attend :P

Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    Yeah London sounds mighty Fine !
    I thought you'd say that Agreed, though. Japan centre, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    London will be expensive, but it depends where you go. The Nag's Head next to the royal opera house will set you back £4+ a pint, but a spoons or something similar won't be that bad.
    Wetherspoons on Baker Street were charging £3.10 for a Carlsberg and £3.30 for Stella, so yeah, London isn't cheap. Cocktails in our newly found cocktail bar were £8 each, but worth every penny

DJ, it sounds like you know London well, so you should plan our drinking route if we go there. My last visit to London involved lots of walking between bars, only to find they were closing / weren't serving food etc.
    Hoder
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Are you questioning the authority of the NEOCRON POLICE DEPARTMENT???«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    I thought you'd say that Agreed, though. Japan centre, anyone?
    Wetherspoons on Baker Street were charging £3.10 for a Carlsberg and £3.30 for Stella, so yeah, London isn't cheap.
    That's not too bad actually, the pub I work in charges that much after 11. Is a lot for a spoons though, it will probably be cheaper in one that's not in a tourist area.
    DJ, it sounds like you know London well, so you should plan our drinking route if we go there. My last visit to London involved lots of walking between bars, only to find they were closing / weren't serving food etc.
    I know parts of London, mostly around Kings Cross/St Panc. Plus a few places on Tonenham Ct. Rd. and New Oxford Street.

It's been a while though, if a couple of us want to go down the day before to recce a few area and jog my memory, that might be useful.

You could just go buy a map from one of the tourist offices or google one of the many websites that tell you how good certain cities are to go drinking in.

If its in london I might come down to this one. I can get limited cheap hotel accommodation at the Union Jack club, Roz if you're up for it?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

OK NOOBS LET ME GIVE YOU A TOUR OF LONDON.

Depending on what you want and where in London you want to go will depend on how much you want to spend. If central London isn’t important then there some great places around Brick Lane although they aren’t exactly posh, they are VERY lively with security at either end of a street, bars in the middle and people partying and drinking in the street. Other non central locations include Angel, they have a few spoons which aren’t too badly priced and when that shuts you have quite a few other bars and pubs still open after 11. If you want central and cheap then places Moose Bar (bond street station on the corner of Selfridges) do a fantastic happy hour between 5-9 : -

Cocktails 3.90 (excluding Champagne)
    Draught Becks 2.75
    Corona/San Miguel 2.75
    House WIne Glass-2.90 Bottle-9.75
    Spirit & Mixer 2.90
    Tequila Shots 2.90

NOTE: The price has gone up, it was £2.75 for cocktails. DAMN THE CREDIT CRUNCH !

I was in Met Bar (the weatherspoons on baker street) the other day and a Fosters was about £3.00 but to be honest I’m used to paying around that much in London, anything cheaper is a bonus.

I do honestly recommend somewhere close to central to avoid disappointment with bars shutting seen as most of the central bars are open till about 2-3am. Most places stop serving food at around 11 anyway but if you are slightly outside central like the places mentioned above then I guarantee you there will be a chicken shop every 5 minutes !

I tell you what is cheap, that’s Nags head Algate east, £1 FRIGGININ PER LAP DANCE!

PEACE OUT !
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules - Nidhogg ]

You were paying those sort of prices in nottingham last time you all came up there. Noone seemed to care then.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Ok, so who's volunteering to organise this little shindig then? All we need is a contact and where to meet initially, then people can start booking rooms etc.

Anyone?
    Hoder
    Neocron Support Team

»Are you questioning the authority of the NEOCRON POLICE DEPARTMENT???«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

C'mon guys, there must be someone out there who wants to organise us getting drunk in our fair capital. We've had a few meets now 'up north' so it's time to head south.

At this rate we'll end up in Nottingham. Again.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

Less Drinking.
    More Patching.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

More drinking while patching

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Mess
    OK NOOBS LET ME GIVE YOU A TOUR OF LONDON.

Depending on what you want and where in London you want to go will depend on how much you want to spend. If central London isn’t important then there some great places around Brick Lane although they aren’t exactly posh, they are VERY lively with security at either end of a street, bars in the middle and people partying and drinking in the street. Other non central locations include Angel, they have a few spoons which aren’t too badly priced and when that shuts you have quite a few other bars and pubs still open after 11. If you want central and cheap then places Moose Bar (bond street station on the corner of Selfridges) do a fantastic happy hour between 5-9 : -

Cocktails 3.90 (excluding Champagne)
    Draught Becks 2.75
    Corona/San Miguel 2.75
    House WIne Glass-2.90 Bottle-9.75
    Spirit & Mixer 2.90
    Tequila Shots 2.90

NOTE: The price has gone up, it was £2.75 for cocktails. DAMN THE CREDIT CRUNCH !

I was in Met Bar (the weatherspoons on baker street) the other day and a Fosters was about £3.00 but to be honest I’m used to paying around that much in London, anything cheaper is a bonus.

I do honestly recommend somewhere close to central to avoid disappointment with bars shutting seen as most of the central bars are open till about 2-3am. Most places stop serving food at around 11 anyway but if you are slightly outside central like the places mentioned above then I guarantee you there will be a chicken shop every 5 minutes !

I tell you what is cheap, that’s Nags head Algate east, £1 FRIGGININ PER LAP DANCE!

PEACE OUT !
    All of the beers you mentioned are terrible.

Well if Mess is coming, he seems the best person for the job or at least the guide. StevenJ and/or Brams have done it in the past so they know what they are doing.

I cannot make the last weekend in September, as I am off to be a geek in Brum to look at toy soldiers and enter painting competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax
    Its a bench mark, the prices dont differ much from that. Let me guess u drink that pissy 2% coors shit..typical yank !

I'm not sure if i can make it but i can organise it for you and maybe make a short apperance. What is the age range of the atendees? I know hoder is like 67 and DJ is like 27 but looks like santa.

I suggest you look around for places to crash first, find out what the best prices are and then plan the event around that. I dont know what living prices were like up north but in london your looking at an average of £80 a night. As long as your not all the way in west london or south london, picking a place to drink will not be hard.
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules - Nidhogg ]

Getting a Travel lodge Family room for 3 people will make it end up costing less than 20 quid each in London, which is great.
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax
    you probably think the export heineken is a good beer...
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast