Default here is a good idea...anyone agree?

ok here is the idea.

me and my mate have contacted kk and asked them to let us develope content for neocron for free. They dont have to pay us. they just have to teach us how to use the program that they use to create the game world. now we arent that great at making code, but then again the program that they use to create content is probably something like the program that is used to create jedi knight 2 and 3 stuff...or something like the elderscrolls: Oblvion tool. these programs DONT require a knowledge of coding.

We would create a sticky on the forums that is similar to the brainstorming post...we would create the content based upon you wishes ie-New lvling areas,offshore city,raillink from nc or th and mb etc,new woc items for woc 1,2,3,4 and 5, new woc imps and armour and weapons.

as we create the new content it would be put on a test server and reviewed by the players,it would be reworked after getting feedback from players. and then finnaly released on the live servers as new content patches.

now dont get me wrong. we wouldnt be able to create any new stuff that would require new code to be put in....we would only be able to create new landmass and buildings etc,and copy current in game items to create the new ones but under different names and with different stats. but we think this is better then no content at all.

imagine it..."while walking around the far east side of the wilderness you find a new building that wasnt there before, you go inside and are startled to see a monotrain sitting there with its doors open. you step inside and 10 seconds later the doors slam closed and the train zooms off at high speed. several moments later you arrive at a large offshore city that you had never heard of..you wonder what new adventures await you here"

We wouldnt be getting paid for doing this. we would sign any agreements/contracts that KK would require of us. and as we are unemployed we have nothing else to do.so all we would be doing is working on these projects.

just think of the things we could create with our imaginations.

i welcome your feedback.

This is similiar ilk to that of the modding forum back in nc1.

Yes we had good shit but KK stopped it. I think people made hacks or legal issue arose. If you can rangle something out of kk then great, more power to ya. However, even if you did make something how long would it take KK to put into the game, actually patch the server with all your stuff?

I like what your trying to do. Let's hope you can do it.

Personally I think if you are gonna add new stuff do what KK does and just release old stuff with a slightly different texture and new stats. I would be thrilled to see a rare junk knife. Please give me my rare junk knife
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Your enthusiasm is great to see and very much appreciated, but I'm afraid that we're not able to take you up on it. We investigated the possibility of opening up the content creation tools a long, long time ago but there were many legal and contractual issues that prevented us from doing so.

Not only that but the example you gave above would, in fact, require a good deal of development support which we also can't provide or offer to the community.

It's a shame, I know, but that's the world we're in I'm afraid.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

He Nidhogg,

Is the world your in right now makes you think there is a possibility for a new patch somewhere in the near future for Neocron? (I already know noone will give me an answer for this because KK never wants to be clear on this subject)

Because seriously, it is very sad to see that all this has gone away from Neocron:

- Melee tanks
    - Apus (decent spells with stacks)
    - PEs (all types)
    - PvP droners
    - Vehicles in OPs
    - Hybrid monks

What is now left:
    - PPU zergs
    - HC tanks
    - Spies

Thanks for an answer plz...

Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daralzand
    ok here is the idea.

me and my mate have contacted kk and asked them to let us develope content for neocron for free. They dont have to pay us. they just have to teach us how to use the program that they use to create the game world. now we arent that great at making code, but then again the program that they use to create content is probably something like the program that is used to create jedi knight 2 and 3 stuff...or something like the elderscrolls: Oblvion tool. these programs DONT require a knowledge of coding.

We would create a sticky on the forums that is similar to the brainstorming post...we would create the content based upon you wishes ie-New lvling areas,offshore city,raillink from nc or th and mb etc,new woc items for woc 1,2,3,4 and 5, new woc imps and armour and weapons.

as we create the new content it would be put on a test server and reviewed by the players,it would be reworked after getting feedback from players. and then finnaly released on the live servers as new content patches.

now dont get me wrong. we wouldnt be able to create any new stuff that would require new code to be put in....we would only be able to create new landmass and buildings etc,and copy current in game items to create the new ones but under different names and with different stats. but we think this is better then no content at all.

imagine it..."while walking around the far east side of the wilderness you find a new building that wasnt there before, you go inside and are startled to see a monotrain sitting there with its doors open. you step inside and 10 seconds later the doors slam closed and the train zooms off at high speed. several moments later you arrive at a large offshore city that you had never heard of..you wonder what new adventures await you here"

We wouldnt be getting paid for doing this. we would sign any agreements/contracts that KK would require of us. and as we are unemployed we have nothing else to do.so all we would be doing is working on these projects.

just think of the things we could create with our imaginations.

i welcome your feedback.
    So many people have asked so many times, I am afraid as Nidhog has said its not going to happen. A couple of years ago I offered to rework the worm tunnels are they are created in a "modified" hammer as far as we know. Obviously I wasn't taken up on it.

However there are things you can get involved in to help bring new people into the game, the first thing that comes to mind is that we constantly need new people to work on the wiki, and help develop it into something which is of actual use to the community and new runners alike.

/Delphi

P.S. Sorry about the shameless plug

Vegah, whilst I agree with most of what you have said...

PE's haven't gone!?!

A PE can easily take down a spy, or a tank.

Droners - I can understand what you mean, but again, I still see them in OP fights.

I do miss Hybrids though. I loved my Hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    Vegah, whilst I agree with most of what you have said...

PE's haven't gone!?!

A PE can easily take down a spy, or a tank.

Droners - I can understand what you mean, but again, I still see them in OP fights.

I do miss Hybrids though. I loved my Hybrid.

Think Vegah means the diversity of a PE rather than the cookie cutter woc pistoleros or even more common x-bow r@pists.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

What kind of Legal issues are in place against this may i ask ? :O
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Un-Registered User

I would imagine the license for the said "tools" are for certain amount of persons employed by KK.

Shame they couldnt bring back the test server for a "mess-around" ie stats are changed alot to suite the players and then if players like it maybe gets implemented to live servers.........who knows

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    Think Vegah means the diversity of a PE rather than the cookie cutter woc pistoleros or even more common x-bow r@pists.
    I can rawk people with my non woc libra pe. People just play tank and spy because it's 'easier'. People have no urge to fight with a class that can be some what less effective when they first play it. However, like my pe, if you stick to it for a while and learn the nuances you can be on par with any class. My libra pe in fact is great against dissy spies. Not a whole lot of characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    What kind of Legal issues are in place against this may i ask ? :O
    The first that come to my mind:
    - Incompatible licences on bought assets (i.e. Models, Textures, ...) or third party tools (i.e. work derived from a special licence of the genesis project)
    - Uncontrolable copyright infringements (ideas&assets taken from other games) without detailed revisioning.

And can one be banned if he just uses an intentional but unwanted loophole created by 3rd person?
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

So why doesn't KK OFFICIALLY take them on, however have them on under voluntary basis.

Obviously there must be some coders within our community that would love to contribute.

Would be great work experience...
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    Obviously there must be some coders within our community that would love to contribute.
    Coders, loving to work with Visual Basic? I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    Coders, loving to work with Visual Basic? I highly doubt that.
    Coders, willing to work for that beloved game which desperately needs some work to be done...

I'd work for it on a voluntary basis, no matter what language. Period. What counts is only if the language meets the specific project's requirements.

Here is an area you can help in.

Triv
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast