Default [OT] Hello Stalker.

Has anyone been playing Clear Sky or is everyone waiting til a few patches have been released? I got it the day it came out and it's loaded with bugs but we're used to that really.
    Am loving being back in the Zone again with some new features while having a few others removed because it's a prequel and the technology isn't quite as good yet.
    Sidorovich is still in Cordon with his arse welded to the chair in his nuclear bunker and there's still the same collection of mutants and bandits. Several locations from the original (Cordon, garbage, etc) are present also which I kinda enjoy (p)revisiting.
    Anyway, I'm not gonna give too much away, I was just curious what other people thought of it.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Clear Sky scares the living shit outta me, seriously I go to play it, see an invisible creature with just it's eyes glowing and turn it off

It's an amazing concept just wish it was less creature orientated and more action versus stalkers, Shame DX 10 Tottally Doesn't agree with anyones computer at the mo , Looks almost as nice as Crysis
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Good, but dissapointing compared to the first.

Clear sky is awesome. And so is SoC.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I played the first but there were some things about it that plain annoyed the shit out of me. The biggest and most petty of which was that tosser behind the window near the bar who used to say "Don't just stand there, come in!" or words to that effect, even when you ran past the fucker at full speed.

It was genuinely creepy though.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Holy crap, my thread has replies! I thought everyone had given the game a miss because of a bad experience with the first or something.
    I haven't seen anyone I know on Xfire playing it either.

There's plenty of people killing to be done anyway, though it can be a little tedious, certainly more people than mutants. And of course there's always multiplayer (unless you have a dodgy copy Ashley? ).

And Niddy, thats a fairly minor complaint to have about a game. Particularly considering the bugs that can be experienced in other games. Certainly no reason not to buy the second one.

I'm taking my time with it and killing as much as possible, except Red Forest that place is fooking scary, I just run through there.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Im glad you bought it up Jodo, I have a genuine copy and online I get a CD Error, So I think someone scammed my CD key >.<

I should of just downloaded it =[
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I told you it was petty.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

@ashley watts: That happend to me too. The problem was that some letters could mean otherwise. E.g. U is V or vice versa. Found that to happen to M<>H, too.

@Topic: The game is the best game i ever played, except of the bugs.
    But with the acutal (third patch, 1.505) it works waaaay better then before.
    The Factions Wars rule (if they work ^^), Graphix are insane fucking awesome, atmosphere is the best ever had in a game, the night is dark like the place where the sun isnt shining, and so on.

Its a genious game - Sad that there is no MMO sort of it (except NC).
    I should write to GSC that they should make a Stalker MMO now (Bugfest i see u coming if so ^^).

greetz

I bought it yesterday for £22 from ASDA.

I like it but there are some gameplay mechanics which just bug the shit out of me.

- Fast travel guides kind of restrict freedom. I'm a grown man ( a merc at that) and some dipshit has to hold man hand through the wastelands.

- Artifacts require rummaging through dangerous anomalies,using a metal detector. Like being offered a gold brick but told to get it I must retrieve it from a vat of acid.

-Time and money sinks such as finding flashdrives, which need stash co-ordinates, which you buy, then you have to pay to get the suit upgraded. Good in theory the suit customisation but lousy execution. Also no one likes to be robbed by bandits. Realistic yes - but if I kill them I don't get my money back.

- The maps are half of the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R ones which are just rehashed to have maybe a different set of crates but nothing to drastic. Seems lazy to me.

- Movement seems sluggish and the A.I can be retarded at times. People blind firing next to a tree for example. Fire fights can just get really hard when you move like your wadding through treacle.

- Why do the Russians in fire fights yell in Russian but then English?

So I'm a bit dissapointed. Think that's where PC gaming is going - dissapointment.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.