Default ]OT[ Runescape... :p

I'm sorry i'm making a thread about... THIS game...

I thought i'd give it a proper try to see what all the hype was about...

and after an hour... I've now got myself totally addicted as hell

why is this?

and anyone else understand? ^^
    Last edited by nobby; 27-07-08 at 22:36.
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

No I don't understand :P. I tried it out along with a friend of mine a long time ago and it was so.... bleh! The restrictions, the graphics, the slow netcode, bleeeeh! :P
    /Rob

meh, i play it about one month out of the year for pure LOL value i get out of it. Most of the time im just standing at the auction place merchanting stuff for a shitpot of money.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

I can remeber tryign it about 2 year or so ago... Right a the beginning it told me to cut a tree down... Ok I thought this has to get better...

... Then it told me to cook some bread...

Hahaha, Runescape Hahahahahahahahahaha

Lmfao

Winner !

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

Ash Watts wants YOU. Join eXL! Fega's Avatar

I must have tried that like, 4 years ago. One of the most boring games ever created!

¡ƃuıɥʇou

For like five years, people have said to me, OMG OMG PLAY IT ! SOOO ADDICTIVE...

So on and off i'd create an account, 10 minutes later i'd find "wtf am i supposed to do, gfx are shit" and just log off.

one year later i'd do the same thing..

and now, i'm hooked !

dunno why...
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    For like five years, people have said to me, OMG OMG PLAY IT ! SOOO ADDICTIVE...

So on and off i'd create an account, 10 minutes later i'd find "wtf am i supposed to do, gfx are shit" and just log off.

one year later i'd do the same thing..

and now, i'm hooked !

dunno why...
    if you've tried and discarded it a million times and again, then each time you return you expect less of the game, so eventually you will experience it as better than you remembered.

not because the game is different, but because your standards for the game is based on your previous experience with it.

It's the same with really really old computer games, you can remember all the fun you had playing them, and suddenly decide to play them again, in most cases where you have tried a newer edition of the same game or a similar game, you will find the old edition, extremely boring and lacking in quality, because you will have had a more developed and redeveloped edition as your comparison, but not in all cases.

If you have not tried a newer edition of the same game, or a similar game, you might find it as enjoyable as you remember, but not in all cases.

Some few games however are just so brilliantly made, that even the first editions are as enjoyable as the newer editions.
    Most games that fall into this group however, are often games that evolve around a brilliant concept rather than a brilliant storyline and the skill gone into the creation of the game.

A few games that fall in this last category are in my experience:

-The command & conquer series (with the exception of renegade)
    -The diablo series
    -The xcom series (they are divided in modern and futuristic now, which makes it a bit more complicated, however they all share the same concept and way of playing) (with the exception of interceptor)

I'm sure many of you can think of many others too, but these were the ones that just popped into mind right away.

---------------------------
    These are the reasons why I think you are suddenly hooked even though you have discarded it many times before...

Aswell as a theory of mine, I'm sure someone else has thought off many times before.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renegade made some fucking epic online play tbh...

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrRisk
    Renegade made some fucking epic online play tbh...
    yes, it was quite fun and so totally different from the strategy games.

but exactly because it was different, and different in the way it was, it has a lot of other games that are so similar to it in concept, that it is just another of that kind.

the c&c series is and will always be thought of as a real time strategy, so the fps/tps style that renegade was doesn't fall into category with c&c as a series, that's why i excluded it as part of the series, even though it is a c&c game.

Used to play it in 2003 or earlier, when it was in 2d.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

C&C Renegade is awesome!
    /Rob

Mizuri - Hireable Assassin

Runescape fails at life :P