Thread: Camera Angles?

Default Camera Angles?

I know you can put in the 3rd person mode for view. But is there a way to make it to where I can move the view so that I can see the front of my characters? Want to take some screenshots of my characters from the front but not really sure on how to go about doing so. Any help would be appreciated.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

when you enter third person it spits a bunch of commands into the chatbox, one of the lines is angle, type it out and try different angles.

The three commands the third person switch calls up are for angle, pitch and distance - IIRC. Fiddling with them can get some really cool views, i used to use these commands a lot when capturing originals for signatures and stuff

Oh right on, must try them out, thanks for the info much appreciated.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

Do NOT attempt to do this while piloting a glider however.

I accidentally added an extra zero to the distance value and suddenly my glider was a small grey dot, the mouse movements were magnified and while trying to gain the right perspective to fly I stuffed it into a hill side in J02.

/set ctrl_externalangle 180

<3

Ah gliders.. crashing and blowing up your first glider (usually not long after getting it) is a rite of passage for all Neocron players.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Don't use these features to take clear screenshots on the hookers in military base, that got me banned
    /Rob

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    Ah gliders.. crashing and blowing up your first glider (usually not long after getting it) is a rite of passage for all Neocron players.
    Hehe damn right, i remember when i leveled my first driver, was all excited about it cos i had bunch of keys ready so i could go explore the world for the first time.
    The first vechile i spawned exploded before i could even enter it.
    Titan: "Thantos Cst Rep".

Quote Originally Posted by flib

I've been waiting for someone to say this. I bought my first glider about 2 months ago and i haven't crashed ONE yet. I don't see how you would? I have gotten synchbug and fataled and came back an my glider is still intact.
    Old Char Names: Skojax/Postagirl/Drevious/Prince/Thizzell Washington
    I now play 'Evil' on titan.. and i need frenz :'(

You're just lucky I guess.
    Most people don't already know how to pilot them before they do try to.

i havent crashed one due to pilot error yet, but I've crashed lots due to syncbugs, ceiling crash and invisible floating trees
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)