Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    As usual, Faid, you don't think things through. Steady-state running is much cheaper than downtime because downtime implies repair costs; hardware, software, labour etc.) If you think that a few days without you being able to play is a few "free" days of money for us then you're very wrong.

N
    Nidhogg, that is only true if they are actually REPAIRING things.
    5 days is more than enough time to get things back to square one. You have not given any specific reasoning as to all this downtime and are treating us like we are fools. All your input here the only 2 posts you've given that even remotely comes close to being helpful are these, which still doesnt come close to explaining the amount of downtime or the specific issues KK is facing
    There's a major hardware outage at our datacentre in Hamburg that's being worked on right now. ...
    "...major hardware outage" what do you mean , like your entire office building was hit by a meteor destroying everything?
    &
    Character data has not been affected.
    OK, so no loss of items, but what is taking 5 days to restore then? Did you guys find some old equipment and have to re-program everything using punch-cards?

It takes 2 of our Implementation Engineers 2 complete days to fully implement a NEW client of 10 seats or less, thats 10 PC's, 1-2 servers, routers, switches, and backend VPN tunneling, remote backup, and data conversion/transfer from existing equipment to the new hardware. An additional day is used for a Field Technician for new user orientation/training and documentation to be incorporated into the helpdesk.

So answer us please, what is really going on, Nidhogg? Stop bashing those who are struggling to find reasoning for this, when you and the rest of KK staff are keeping a very tight lip.

@ Nidhogg - Can you give us an update on what is happening? Are servers going to be back today? Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by CHA0S
    All this compensation damn ridiculous end of the day something serious has gone wrong just be patient and wait.. I bet all you people are the kind who sue ant's for being in your garden or sue the wife/partner due to lack of sex don't worry they will always have the milkman.

For all the morons still crying "compensation" i suggest you stop your drivel and e-mail accounts@neocron.com and say that you want your money back due to the lack of service and then go and play WoW or some other shit game.
    Hopefully wont be seeing you again on NC or forums.

Have a good day ex-runner
    I think that most of us realize that something serious has happened and if you look at 90% of the posts, you might notice that most of the complaints are about lack of communication. We have basically been told that the servers are down and we will be notified when/if they come back online. After several days we are simply frustrated with the situation and basically want a little love...thats all.

Personally, I couldn't care less about compensation, use my lost funds to buy the people working on the problem a beer and give em some lunch. I'm not concerned about 50 cents a day.

I just want things back up and running because I left a batch of redflash cooking in my apt and the neighbors are sure to be suspicious by now with all those chemical smells wafting about.
    I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill.

Un-Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by virgil caine
    I think that most of us realize that something serious has happened and if you look at 90% of the posts, you might notice that most of the complaints are about lack of communication. We have basically been told that the servers are down and we will be notified when/if they come back online. After several days we are simply frustrated with the situation and basically want a little love...thats all.

Well it was mentioned that be up and running by Monday/Tuesday so im waiting till Wednesday before i rant

Here's hoping but am wondering if gonna have a surprise of a patch ?

I think again the point is not that 50 cents a day that we pay for not playing right now....I see it more like:

A high % of the remaining players that still play this game are people that plays it for 5 to 6 years.

5 years = 60 months = 60 X 15 (approx.) = 900$ for a game....

When you get those customers that remains in the game after all these fuckin buggy patches, bugs that last since NC 1, server lags, game restart everytime memory runs low or you get falated, pretty much everything u can imagine but a stable game, you/we, as a good customers, should be able to know why our favorite game is down since a week with more informations than some shit calls that don't explain anything and take people as they are a bag of crap.

Thanks for the update on the situation....and while rebooting your PC, KK plz put anew patch so when we turn NC on again, were happy to see good new changes to compensate this situation.

Canadian eh

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash
    Due to a severe hardware failure of the main account server it is currently not possible to log into the retail servers and to access the account management. Unfortunately the replacement of the damaged hardware and the recovery of all data is taking longer then expected.
    This tells me it's just like the database problem with Saturn in it's last month NC, I know the game servers have since had better backing up of the databases but I guessing the main account server was never given that level of backups as well.

I still be playing NC after it comes up being today or a week from now, but in the mean time other then work a few days this week I am sitting around with nothing to do until the servers come up, I not much into single player games and I prefer mp co-op style game play which is really lacking in todays PC games outside of MMO's.

A idea on the time frame it will take before the servers are back online instead of checking constantly for some kind of up date. Sure I could go do something else but I rather not have to waste money on other things to keep me entertained, hell I could learn to play golf which I can play for free btw since the amusement centre/golf course I work for get me free access to that and other things a well, why would I want to go to work on my days off.

Default hmm

Okies done takeing advantage of the fact I don't have NC to distract me so I can Mual my boyfriend ( don't wanna wear him completely out before he goes to work) hehehehe guess I'll go play oblivion. somone let me know when I can shoot things again will be much better than a lame sword hehehe

As usual, Faid, you don't think things through. Steady-state running is much cheaper than downtime because downtime implies repair costs; hardware, software, labour etc.) If you think that a few days without you being able to play is a few "free" days of money for us then you're very wrong.

N
    Wait Nid, I thought these servers were ones that you didn't have control over. If they are hosted by another company then you should't be paying a dime for your repairs, as the hosting company would incur the labor and parts costs. Unless there is another type of hosting agreement that I'm not aware of, you should ONLY be paying a monthly fee for their service. We don't pay you if your server goes down so why do you pay them when theirs does? Am I wrong or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Faid
    And as usual Nid, you take things too personal. I wasn't referring specifically to the neocron servers being down, I was speaking of KK and neocron in general. I didn't say that KK is making money from us for free by not having the servers active. We pay for a game that is not supported and is not expected to have any support for a while at least. "all resources have been pulled from NC and re-allocated to Black Prophecy" something along the lines of that. There is little, if any, communication from KK at all ever, and as usual, we have to put up with it because it doesn't matter one way or the other if we are pissed or happy. I'm not here to argue with you m8, non of what I say matters anyway, I'm simply voicing an opion.
    Faid > N

PWNT!

Please patch the game. I mean it now; It's been well over a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    Clearly this guy is a WoW fan boi and has a small penis.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen One
    Faid > N

PWNT!
    I agree, seems we may be getting a mite testy about the complaints.

Nidhog, we know you are doing a great job under very trying circumstances and you deserve our thanks.
    I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill.

Default He buffed......

PVP with a PPU Just isnt cool......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4hpbOD5sCo

N
    Just so I understand your point of view.... do you think we should be paying for this then or not ???
    Titan: Cronos (HC Tank) Newb | Cronos- (Rifle Spy +Poke)

Quote Originally Posted by Faid
    And as usual Nid, you take things too personal. I wasn't referring specifically to the neocron servers being down, I was speaking of KK and neocron in general. I didn't say that KK is making money from us for free by not having the servers active. We pay for a game that is not supported and is not expected to have any support for a while at least. "all resources have been pulled from NC and re-allocated to Black Prophecy" something along the lines of that. There is little, if any, communication from KK at all ever, and as usual, we have to put up with it because it doesn't matter one way or the other if we are pissed or happy. I'm not here to argue with you m8, non of what I say matters anyway, I'm simply voicing an opion.
    Second this. No personal attackts intended, but bottom line we are all paying for a problem that is not our liability. It's KKs pure and simple and we shouldn't be made laible for it. KK ARE getting money for a service they are currently NOT supplying. FACT.
    Titan: Cronos (HC Tank) Newb | Cronos- (Rifle Spy +Poke)

Default Simple

Pure and simple. Neocron is a business. We are customers. We pay "good money" for services provided. (Online game) Fatal-Server Maintenance-Crash-Rollback etc etc . fine with me and understood. I still love the game and support KK and it. What i don't appreciate is the lack of communication with the issue of the product in which I purchased. Leaving the members to speculate and argue amongst themselves is crap. Would they be so patient if my payment was late? GM's doing what they can to help but just getting KOS'ed from frustrated members. I would fire the whole kk team if that was the business I created. KK Should not take our loyalty for granted and leave us to wait like this with nothing more then, 'Something happened, not sure what, or how long it will take" etc. Lack of experience and business sense here shows perhaps why the game never took off to begin with. Props to the GM's for trying to clean this mess up and keep everyone settled though. I promise no KOS from me, lol

Lawsuit anyone?