Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

Is there anyway to go back a stage? I would love to be back in the mastery stage again....

/Delphi

I don't think so Delphi

It's a cycle, inevitable imo.

Eventually you have seen everything there is to see, obtained everything you need, even adding more content only delays the process.

My brother (Logan Gambit NC1) Went to WOW, got to Level 60 spent weekends on raids, got all the gear, got bored and burned out, Whats the point he said?

Then they added another 10 levels I found out, when i went over his one weekend he was back on it!
    He said it was all New again, more places to go, more quests to do, more dungeons to seek out.

Needless to say after a couple of months he quit again incidentally he said he may go back again soon as they are introducing more content! Sucker heh heh

But i know what he means, running through NC for like the 1000 time is never the same as the first time, in fact one guy last night spamming help as he was lost in NC, "Man this city is huge" he said.
    I couldn't help but think what? It's easy to get around!

Here's the article if google couldn't find it makes for an interesting read tbh and i spot myself in many of the comments..
    MMO Study

Closed - Until Further Notice

Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

Thats the problem, myself and two other real life friends (milhouse and neo) played since beta of NC1, Ive loved the game, however we know everywhere, and have done everything, participated in OP wars, visted the yellow ball, run events etc. I found out from milhouse when the free time was active and he started to play again that he didnt like the fact that the skill setup had changed, so even changing content and ideals within the game doesnt necessarily bring people back. I am at the moment debating reopening an account, mainly so I can work on helping with some of the calculations for damage and PSI pool etc.

Just dont know.....

/Delphi

I see you guys got confused with the new vision of MMO that seems to be the best marketing choice nowadays... which is to base everything on CONTENT.

Wow is the best exemple of this : remove content and everything falls appart. Reason ? because the game itself provides nothing new or special to do.

Neocron is in total opposition with this MMO concept.
    There isn't a lot to do ... You can get capped in a matter of days and getting stuff is easy and not that important, as skill is needed in neocron to succeed.

However the possibilities in terms of gameplay and fun are SO far from wow that it's not even possible to compare the two games... Roleplay is easy and encouraged by the gameplay + background, Players are the center of the game in terms of tradeskills, PvP, etc. .. I'm not gonna describe the game but you see what I mean.

Basing everything on content and not on gameplay, deep background quality and player possibilities / immersion, is the worst problem of today's MMO and the reason why they feel so empty and boring.

TBH aquiring gear doesn't bring any emotions or memories in my gaming experience... however there are countless roleplay and pvp moments that I can remember thanks to neocron, and it's immersive universe.
    I'm really angry about the huge waste that is being done with the MMO market nowadays, forcing players to feel the need to aquire.

MMO's are about sharing with other players. Neocron seems one of the last games that enables us to do so.

Anyway I'm not against content in neocron of course but I think that because of WoW, more and more players are being taught to only expect this from a game, and it's dangerous.

I think that at the moment the games needs more balancing and "Old days" NC1 feel rather than adding items and everything ...

Bring APU back, make more that 1 weapon (xbow ) powerfull, and BAM, you got much more content !

Talking of APU's and PPU's, give them some WoC weapons to play with! It's the only combat clas that doesn't have any WoC items. (Besides the PA's)

Are APU's really that bad atm? Is it the aiming everyone cursing or has dmg etc been altered?

Im getting concerned now for my APU Typhoon.
    Cerbitank : Cerbious : Typhoon : Cerby : Cerberus Constructor : Cerberus Researcher : MultiCerb : Cerb

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbious
    Are APU's really that bad atm? Is it the aiming everyone cursing or has dmg etc been altered?

The aiming isnt too bad, the more closed ur reticle is the more dmg u do. I think its the slow frequency the crappy resists (without a ppu altho sum apu's have decent setups) and also maybe the lack of stacking spells? Pistols got the Ceres handgun, rifles = AK, tanks = dev yet apu's have none

It would be nice to see a few more apu's around i must admit, they are still good fun to play they just seem to lack a few things atm.

I do have one question myself... is it me or do the shop bought kami drones (the highest ones) do an insane amount of dmg? i can kill a spy in 2 kami's (he was ppu buffed) What sorta dmg do revenges do in comparison with these shop bought drones?

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

My honest opinion, not that anyone would care.

The game is fun when you can play it without it crashing every 30 mins, I also think WOC weapons have ruined pvp slightly, my favourite class PE practically needs an Xbow.

I'm just not willing to try and grind for WOC on my main, with all the constant crashing and bugs, to be honest I'm a lazy player and hate to have to grind doing boring lvling when I already capped my character. I would do it though, if only the game was a bit more stable and then I might not lose my rag.

I can't say I like what they did with monks, I was hoping they would have went the hybrid way, old apu hybrids with a little less killing power and reticule. It looks to me like they butchered the monks so badly, the hybrid apu was a damn fun build to play, why did they have to destroy that fun? They could have tryed balancing it...

Heavy combat PE's, wtf was wrong with these? They where also a damn fun build to play and they killed it why? It also annoys me I can't have a decent lowtech setup without power armor, I never liked PE PA, I like the character models and yes even the NC2 ones. So I like to have my character look human and not like some diving suit, no offence but the power armors look shit.

No flaming here, just my current opinion.

Main thing is the bugs and crashing, thats what is keeping me from playing.

crashing? Oo

the last time neocron crashed at my machine was as i accidently alt tabbed in the wastelands.

everybody knows that u shouldnt do that in dx9 mode :P

no fatal or runtime error since then -.-

The weapons were all balanced by TL/dmg/freq , so APU dmg/time is decent but limited to TL 103 (FA) and they only have slow freq weaponry, and also miss out on the WoC/TC dmg/aiming bonuses.

APUs have it hard atm.

Overall, a current APU could be likened to a Spy (Hlt/resists/con) ,but without nanite resists or stealth, who is armed only with a TL 103 SH that happens to deal fire dmg (instead of the real TL 111 SH , or high freq TL 114/115 weapons(FL/Dissy), that real spies have) , and which also has much, much, much shorter range then a real SH, and also has a 2 second delay between firing the trigger and actually hitting the target , as opposed to a real SH that hits instantly with the 2 sec delay afterwards......

edit:

But that said, they still have the fastest target lock time (instant click gives them partial lock for less dmg, but still effective) which is almost the same as 2.1 , giving them a use vs fast moving targets/mass PvP.

If their DPS was to be boosted to TL 115(to match tanks/pe/spys), they could become quite well balanced in this role of slow heavy hitter.
    Last edited by Lifewaster; 23-01-08 at 15:35.

Lifewaster has it spot on...........
    My APU ?
    Now my self buffing Resser - His Holy Lightning locked away in his appy - Game over for that class for me at least for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle
    Lifewaster has it spot on...........
    My APU ?
    Now my self buffing Resser - His Holy Lightning locked away in his appy - Game over for that class for me at least for the time being.
    I would still hope they will be fixed, the case for boosting them from TL 103 to TL 115 weaponry (to match the other classes) is very strong imo, so perhaps we may yet see APU WoC weaponry introduced and/or changes to existing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifewaster
    I would still hope they will be fixed, the case for boosting them from TL 103 to TL 115 weaponry (to match the other classes) is very strong imo, so perhaps we may yet see APU WoC weaponry introduced and/or changes to existing spells.
    WOC shouldn't be essential to PVP or the game, so I vote for increase of current weapons. Maybe they will get fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Necpock
    WoW has generally a longer gameplay life span then Neocron does and thats where I draw the comparison line.

I would disagree, based on the fact that plenty of people here have played this game on and off for 4+ years.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    I would disagree, based on the fact that plenty of people here have played this game on and off for 4+ years.
    Reason? because people burn out the game or get fustrated and leave. They then remember good times they've had in NC, pick it up again but then realise its same old. They start again fresh minding and stayanother 6 month period and it starts again...

Content IS an issue and has been since I started atleast.

Pops are low and unfortunatly becoming lower and people pretty much see the same game when they come back, especially for the non-pvpers out there.

All honesty I think if the prices came down a tad, more people will decide to stay on playing as a "second game when bored" kinda thing.

Deffinatly needs content and also a good idea would be to bring out an expansion (tokyo 2 or sommat) that costs extra sub fees.

Also allowing setups to use a very varied setup like 2.1 and previous would be awesome, setups just arent as unique anymore.

Thats what I would want to see and also what should be done if Neocron wants to be successful for another 5 years to come.

More and more companys are opening an eye to nishe MMO markets such as MMO-FPS-POST APOC type games and until Neocron is at some sort of standard as the newer games (in terms of content and not graphically), people will continually play, in their opinion, "better" games.

There still needs to be things to be done to save this game for a too sooner end. I don't wish that this 5 year anniversary is the last.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast