Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lifewaster
    But they arent fine, even for Tank+PPU , it still means hiding constantly trying to aoe around a corner, while a single rank 64 creeper getting into a firing position will force a retreat while barely surviving despite shields/heals and PPU spamming a cure poison spell.....and while the tank may survive , a pe/spy/apu will have died......and all this effort just to gain the crappy exp of a single rank 64 creeper.

Crappy rank mobs, should be dealing crappy rank dmg, this is the point , and they should not be dealing 500 poison dmg per stack over time, with any runner failing to imediately hide receiving 4-5 stacks (2k+gross dmg which = death sentence for any non-tank/ppu) on themselves within seconds.

Poison mobs are just as bad as fire mobs tbh. You just have more hiding opportunities which makes it just about manageable for a tank , but its still impossible for non-tanks.

This is not realistic for a rank 64 mob vs capped Tank+PPU, its more dmg from a single mob then 2-3 enemy runners would provide.

The caves ought to be decently survivable for 5x runners , especially since the mob ranks and exp gain there has been semi-crapified ......and they simply are not.
    I'll have to try again, but we did it with PPU+Tank with very little hiding.

You don't need AoE for regants.. and most teams will still team you and even if they don't you can zone in after them and not get aggro.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Odd. I can still solo firemobs and choas caves with my (capped) tank. The chaos caves are very very difficult to do alone, but I manage. Resist are drugs always used...

Poison caves: If the xp is low (I had not really looked), then there is little point because nothing is dropped of any use bar some medipacks and body parts from the caves.

Fire: Rare parts are fine from the fire mobs because I think that I usually get one from each Grim. I get these ugs from Grims because I cannot hack, (Dumb tank) so warbies are really pointless other than for the fun of killing them which is fun anyway.

The mobs seem easier than afore the last patch. Unless I've got better, which is very unlikely.

Yes, the firemobs do invisable damage. its really annoying.

Glok is right. You don't need aoe for Regents. Just a bit of though. In the end room an AoE is very useful but again not a nessecity. The main issue is running out of ammunition hence speccing some RCL.

Quote Originally Posted by zii
    Odd. I can still solo firemobs and choas caves with my (capped) tank. .
    See, I think your all overlooking the point , we have to nurture the non-capped runners , or else they wont stay and cap and join the PvP , and the pops will never get better because returning/new players will simply give up once they get stuck at rank 5x..

Half the creepers in chaos cave are rank 64 mobs , slightly higher exp then the launchers that noobs traditionally will get to rank 5x on.........

Is it really sensible that these mobs are hitting runners for 500 dmg , while the rank 50 launchers were hitting them for 50 dmg.

These caves shouldnt be a place where only capped tanks can survive, theres already higher lvl and more productive places for capped runners to be at. The caves should be somewhere that 5x+ runners can easily find fellow runners and can join them.

Sending noobs on 20 minute runs/drives to regents to fight the much easier rank 100 mobs (because those dont have ranged dot dmg) , while rank 60-70 mobs are impossible for them, shouldnt be the only practical option. In fact its quite a bizarre situation.

Or if its going to remain thus, then at least put a gogo/asg or gr outside regents so the noobs dont have to spend 20 minutes travelling each time.
    Last edited by Lifewaster; 17-01-08 at 18:59.

See, I think your all overlooking the point , we have to nurture the non-capped runners , or else they wont stay and cap and join the PvP , and the pops will never get better because returning/new players will simply give up once they get stuck at rank 5x..

Half the creepers in chaos cave are rank 64 mobs , slightly higher exp then the launchers that noobs traditionally will get to rank 5x on.........

Is it really sensible that these mobs are hitting runners for 500 dmg , while the rank 50 launchers were hitting them for 50 dmg.

These caves shouldnt be a place where only capped tanks can survive, theres already higher lvl and more productive places for capped runners to be at. The caves should be somewhere that 5x+ runners can easily find fellow runners and can join them.

Sending noobs on 20 minute runs/drives to regents to fight the much easier rank 100 mobs (because those dont have ranged dot dmg) , while rank 60-70 mobs are impossible for them, shouldnt be the only practical option. In fact its quite a bizarre situation.

Or if its going to remain thus, then at least put a gogo/asg or gr outside regents so the noobs dont have to spend 20 minutes travelling each time.
    Makes alot of sense imho.

Casius / lore

lvl in a team

I agree completely. More team-based dungeons for lower level players would be absolutely cracking, I'd much rather do that than grind endless launchers or exploit El Farid/Graves all day.
    Bob Arctor - For all your research, repair and recycling needs.

Rain Dog - Melee, the masochists choice.

Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by solling
    lvl in a team
    But where? Even if you somehow managed to find 9 5x runners to make such a team, they will still all die almost instantly vs rank 64 poison mobs or rank 66 firemobs.

So that leaves only regents legacy as the single place in the entire game where those 5x runners can survive in a team to gain decent exp....but wait, that place doesnt need a team to survive, its just a matter of moving in order to avoid the melee mob dmg.

And the boss room? Its often monopolised by 1-2 AOE classes , eg: apu+ppu , or a solo capped tank, or a droner.

So not exactly a lot of options to "lvl in a team" tbh....there is currently nowhere in the entire game where a semi-noob will find a lvling team with the exception of Regents.

Thus my point , we should fix the fire/poison mob dmg, and make it possible to first of all find a lvling team in those locations, and secondly survive to gain exp there.....

Casius / lore

if u bring a ppu u can lvl just about anywhere.

if not then well firemobs or warbots carefully.

on a droner u can clear the cave without to much trouble using aoe drones

What about point red? Gaya?

Y-reps at Ceres with nice places to hide? (they still there?)

Quote Originally Posted by solling
    if u bring a ppu u can lvl just about anywhere.

if not then well firemobs or warbots carefully.

on a droner u can clear the cave without to much trouble using aoe drones
    you completely miss the point again lore. what he is saying is what about the new peeps who dont have such luxuries. thats not how the game will grow. it should be more accessible with an easier time of levelling. not made harder.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Yep, you are right. The poison caves ought to be run with a small 5x team without getting whacked to kingdom come in a couple of mins and the difference between Regents dmg and the caves should be reversed. Drop the dmg from those creepers and the other ones, but leave the Chaos Lieutenant as bad, because she is meant to be a bitch and spawns a lot less.

Which makes a gogo/asg/gr not required for Regents as its meant to be high level. (If we are not made to run across the wastelands then we won't meet other runners en route who are out to kill us, which in turn makes the game less fun - En guard

the woc LE apu solo's the place.

he spends the whole day soling Chaos caves, every day...

Neocron Regular

Tried hunting hoverbots.

Got one hanging right above the building and proceeded to angle-snipe it from windows. I was making good progress, when suddenly my gun couldn't reload. I moved into the safety of the house to try unjam it and "boom", the game crashed! When I log back in, my char is standing on the bottom floor, looking hale and hardy, while text splashed on the screen claiming he is dead...

Are hoverbots doing some kind of an invisible AOE damage too?
    SAFARI
    The Gentleman's Sport

Casius / lore

new people have an easy time to lvl til after the bunker he said after that u prolly made some friends. Its easier to lvl in a group also in nc.

and btw my friend went in the cave from like /40 lvled in there without to much of a problem the poison mobs dont doa lot of damage. full set of kevlar armor and 50 base resist can get more then 6 stacks of poison and still out heal it using medkits and heal tool.

til u get to rank / 40 or /50 then bunker is an ok place to lvl the new people to the game can lvl there more slow then an experienced player who knows whats what of course but can lvl none the less. my first tank on pluto i lvled at the bun ker til i was past 80 str base. its only naturel that experienced players lvl more fast then newbies like that in any game.

if u r a pistol dood or a melee tank yes its hard for u to lvl on something higher then the lvl 100 mobs. ( even then pistol users have beam of hell wich have a great range as far as i know)
    Last edited by solling; 18-01-08 at 01:21.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast