How about a runspeed soft cap.

You "can" go past it, but the point sink is enormous. Would make players who hate "caps" happy while keeping speed down.

Also, I like the idea of para back, but in its old form it was broken.

How about this? Para is a long slow cast, lasts 10 seconds, puts a debuff on you that lasts 30 seconds preventing you from getting paraed again for the duration. Couple that with para removing drugs, and you can stay un paraed for most of a fight. It would however be a good solution to keep somone slow for a second or two when they get to low hp. Would also be great for killing ppus because ppus have to do so much when they get antibuffed that they won't be able to remove their para right away.

Also when I say bring para back, I mean para with speed reduction, that turn reduction shit was bs.

Don't you guys remember how much begging and pleading there was for years to remove para? Now it's only been gone for a few months and...

Quote Originally Posted by Glok
    Don't you guys remember how much begging and pleading there was for years to remove para? Now it's only been gone for a few months and...

I never begged to remove it, I begged to fix it. Take a look at my idea. If thats not balanced para could be nerfed even further.

There are always ways to fix things without just removing them. These days speed is an issue, in opp fights when a ppu decides to clip around objects it can be almost impossible to kill him. Para, in some BALANCED form, could be a way to correct that issue.

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

a soft cap would in my opinion be acceptable, as long as you are still rewarded for those extra points.

Then you have to take it up with yourself if you think those extra points are worth it.

Glue spells will in my opinion have the same effects as a runspeed cap, it will just cause people to stay at ug or zonelines. So I think it would be a bad move. Some reduction in speed yes, but not glue.

Viarossa as CM refuses to build officer quarters.

My tank has err 115 agil and usually 57 athletics, unless I drug, which I dont usually unless im fighting a haxsor My main problem is aiming, sometimes I can hit alot other time, I should just go sit in sea food.

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

I don't think you can give hab back to the apus as it would be monkacron again.

I think they should just reduce the speed gain at higher numbers, like onero said.

Another, more sneaky way, would be to remove some of the clip-inducing client checks they've put in to stop exploits, but don't tell the players, hopefully no one would try again because they'd be risking a banning

Quote Originally Posted by Selendor
    emove some of the clip-inducing client checks they've put in to stop exploits, but don't tell the players, hopefully no one would try again because they'd be risking a banning
    Yeah, they are all angels out of a sudden

But tbh the load of the servers and therefor the lag that is visible at clipping might also be result of features that were since introduced i.e. furniture
    Last edited by Mighty Max; 08-01-08 at 23:28.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

now this is constructive ^^. A softcap would not b a bad idea.

We used to have a soft cap in nc1. I don't know why we don't now.

Btw VegaH I have to disagree on the para thing. I know of whole clans of people who quit because it killed the real skill of this game.

Hands up if you had a REMOVE PARA sig back in the day?

o/
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Selendor
    I don't think you can give hab back to the apus as it would be monkacron again.

hmm, this is a tough one, On the one hand. Having only one fighting class able to antibuff is just asking for op wars to become less diverse. On the other hand, APUs are hurting atm and they never really got anything to replace HaB with.

What about a "lifesteal" debuff apus could but on an opponent. Costs tons of psi like a HaB and is a really slow cast. It results in a purple DB animation over the person's head, lasts say 30 seconds and can stack up to 3 times. Evertime that player is hit by the apu, the apu gains back soem % of the dmg he delt.

Would be a cool way to make apus more solo viable and would help make up for their lack of survivibility in an op fight without making them needed.

As another side idea, what if APUs had another dmg type of mod that partially went through psi shields. Would do less dmg than other weapons to non shielded players, but against ppu supported chars would be very effective.

How about a new apu psi module: (this would turn apus into 'finishers')

A medium length cast high mana usage module that places a debuff on the target for 10 seconds that causes any heal placed on the target to be transferred to the apu instead for those 10 seconds.

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

The whole discussion here is pointless.

KK need to sort out the whole clipping issue. It's the ONLY chance to get rid of the problem as its not just speedtanks.

So instead of making up stupid ideas to counter something that simply is broken rather keep annoying KK about the actual problem: Shitty netcode. Maybe they'll fix THAT some day. And with that fix, speedtanks, the clipping problems and a whole load of exploiters will simple be gone.

/edit
    And as a hotfix (but only then!) i would happily accept a softcap for AGL / ATL to keep people from overspeccing and drugging for those insane runspeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Glok
    I don't remember many people whining about para, just a few of the LOUDER people. It was too easy to counter para with the anti-shock drugs.

A run speed cap would be unfair and limits setups. If the netcode cant keep up then there is the problem, but I dont see the whole world going 100% fiber optics just yet.
    I bring nothing to the table.

Casius / lore

i dont think that giving apus the debuff is gonna make it monkocron again because honestley every class now does better damage and is more viable in op fights and any fights then the poor poor apu. so giving them hab back will prolly make them appear again more but it will hardly make it monkocron.

and wow 2nd time im being mentioned i must admit that fighting some dood getting him to very low hlth and having him run THRU a wall so i cannot kill him IS annoying to me as well, when they start running thro walls i usualy dont follow them cuz whats the point.
    Last edited by solling; 09-01-08 at 03:49.

Quote Originally Posted by naimex
    Just to post my opinion on the new matter.

Why have limitations?

If people decide to spend all their points in that, then they should be rewarded for that.

If a person has 200 points in agility and athletics, that person should get 200 + 200 points worth of agility and athletics, then it's rubbish to go "na-na-nanana, you only get 75 points worth because we just put a cap on it".
    Naimex , there already is Caps in Resists , for example a PPU with 100 ATH , 0 Resist Energy , can achieve the 92% resist energy Cap from shields/armor alone..... while another PPU with 0 Ath , 100 Resist Energy is still limited to 92% resist.

So where in that case is the reward for the one who sacrificed 100 ATH ? if anything they are actually much more vulnerable since they dont have the run speed to clip.....

The resist Cap mostly nullifies their defense advantage , while the lack of run speed cap and ability to clip greatly increases the others advantage.

IMO the case for having a run speed cap is quite solid when viewed against existing resist caps.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast