Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Talking The new patch draws near...

...and i would just like to remind devs that melee needs a severe damage boost!

its a content patch... not a balancing patch!
    Brutale Agressivität allein gewinnt noch keinen Krieg.
    Gewalt muss auf die gleiche Art von Weisheit begleitet werden,
    wie Agressionen auf ein Ziel gerichtet sein müssen.
    Kein Schlag ist so vernichtend wie der, der bis in alle Einzelheiten überdacht wurde.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kayvaan
    its a content patch... not a balancing patch!
    AFter this long (5 months and counting) it should damn well be an everything patch.

Furthermore, as opposed to Evol 2.2, there will be bugfixing patches during this time
    Sure they tittled around with the SL system, but that wasn't necessarily important, these long months have yielded nothing from the department of bugfixes or game balance.

-Melee sucks
    -APUs (afaik) as said to be in the same wagon
    -Rapid fire weapons suck (judge anyone?)
    -Starter drones are terrible
    -Hacknet i think got worse, if that was possible

I thought new balancing would be easy with the new system them implemented. These should be just simple readjustments but yet we havent heard anything in 5 months. Sure this patch may bring some ppl back, but if they havent even fixed the balancing, which they were so proud to say they have fixed for 2.2, they're just going to leave once they realize pvp consists of only a few different types of characters.

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    AFter this long (5 months and counting) it should damn well be an everything patch.
    Haha, everso agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Woosh, Thread Moved.

Bug Reports -> Comm Talk English.

As this isn't a direct bug report, it is best moved to a more neutral location.

Triv
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

FIX THE FOOKIN MELEE! >.< I want my tank to be viable again!
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

It seems like this patch is going to have a big effect on the community. I hope KK is really taking a lot into account. If they mess up i fear it will have a terrible impact on the player count =\

they didnt say the patch would be finished mid november .. they said the work on this patch would be discontinued until then (at least concerning the parts where coders are needed) due to the BP milestone priority.

...since the orig. post was somehow deleted in the meanwhile and meh brain is growing old n slow, I wont assure for correctness of the above
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Nerf Me

They've got till my subs expire to get the patch or I'm pretty much done. I activated to get my accounts back up to scratch and now that's done I'm bored again already.

There's so little PvP atm and not having much interest in joining the clans OP fighting until after the new patch nothing much for me to do, I just hope they get this right....

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOG
    It seems like this patch is going to have a big effect on the community. I hope KK is really taking a lot into account. If they mess up i fear it will have a terrible impact on the player count =\
    I agree.

But knowing KK we'll get another half assed patch with new faction settings, maybe some small and unimportant bugfixes and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, the only reason i'm not back yet is because i'm broke atm...

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj
    they didnt say the patch would be finished mid november .. they said the work on this patch would be discontinued until then (at least concerning the parts where coders are needed) due to the BP milestone priority.

...since the orig. post was somehow deleted in the meanwhile and meh brain is growing old n slow, I wont assure for correctness of the above
    I have noticed one thread recently that is no longer available. If it's missing, check the THN Neocron Game news, usually the THN quotes the original post for reference. The post you may be thinking about is this one http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/new...h-delayed.html

Content patch is nice, but more importantly bugs fixes is more important to me. I don't want to be telling my clan to come back to bugs that are not fixed.

However as an harden FA player, getting TH back will be something I hope I can look forward to.

A small part of me wishes this was the "F6 patch" that we have been waiting for, but in all honesty unless I see it actually there in the patch notes I am going to be open-minded on the whole affair.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

When's this patch due?

I've not been following it quite as much as I usually do, and appear to have missed the announcement. Either way, I know it was May when it was originally announced. 6 months is a bloody long time!

From what I have just read, it's due in November! I was going to reactivate on friday, but real life dictated otherwise. Bahh, I miss teh cronnage! I may end up waiting for this patch, so that I dont waste more of my time speccing a character only for it to change all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    When's this patch due?
    Now that is the question

Here for you was the last i heard :-

Snowcrash wrote "As Holger Nathrath has declared in his initial announcement, we had planned an estimated development time of three months for the completion of the content package. During the development process we discovered several coding issues that made more resources necessary than originally intended. In course of the development process of our new MMOG “Black Prophecy” we have to reach an important milestone and therefore all coding resources have had to be reallocated. Due to this increased need for resources on “Black Prophecy” the development time for the Neocron content package unfortunately has to be extended and the current estimate for the release of the content package is now the beginning of November, 2007.

We understand that you are eager to see Neocron’s development proceed faster but under the current circumstances it is not possible to speed up this process any more. In the meantime our Gamemaster team will of course continue the Neocron storyline with several exciting events and articles in the Neocron webzines and we will also introduce a new stunning storyline package in the next weeks."

That was the current estimate back then but then who knows how it has progressed, we live in hope

Last edited by Riddle; 05-11-07 at 15:42.

Closed - Until Further Notice

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast