I think a lot of players who would stay otherwise quit because of fatals.. I'm one who would have, games that don't work perfectly turn me off pretty quickly, I'm just lucky that I can coax my PCs to run NC nearly flawlessly.

Another thing (I'm reaching here..) is the convincing atmosphere NC has, I think it is so good that losing items and dying in PvP hits a lot harder. I think most people don't have the skin for it, even ones who play other multiplayer FPSs for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    Another drop in the ocean, but perhaps get a Digg link (or similar) on the homepage? I'm sure there are dozens - if not a hundred or so - of people here who would click... I have a friend who wrote an article about tv-links being shut down, and within 3 hours he'd had 300 visitors to the site. 10 days free FPS MMORPG must have a certain pull to the millions of Digg etc users?

I've found that most our members joined because of word of Mouth rather than actual website advertising... (However I'm sorry if i'm wrong)

KK would NEED us to do something like this, even though my last idea could be Naughty by forum advertising... KK would benefit hugely from us doing this.

As StevenJ has suggested, this could be our First hit thing to do, We need Neocron's best Writer to step forward to partake this task

We the Community... Can help KK Getting more members-> Moolah = Community getting a better game !

I think we should start ASAP with OUR task as this would be fun and also hugely benefitable to KK !
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    I've found that most our members joined because of word of Mouth rather than actual website advertising... (However I'm sorry if i'm wrong)

KK would NEED us to do something like this, even though my last idea could be Naughty by forum advertising... KK would benefit hugely from us doing this.

As StevenJ has suggested, this could be our First hit thing to do, We need Neocron's best Writer to step forward to partake this task

We the Community... Can help KK Getting more members-> Moolah = Community getting a better game !

I think we should start ASAP with OUR task as this would be fun and also hugely benefitable to KK !
    They actually might not appreciate floods of people seeing NC in the dire state it is currently in ("If NC is this bad then what is their new game BP going to be like?"). I think all the fancy marketing in the world won't help what is at heart a flawed game anyway. To truly bump pops up to decent levels, the client itself will need overhauled, or at the very least brought to a stable state.
    Nullvoid // The Provider

ah yes...

very true point indeed : \

But still to fix this problem... KK only has one coder...

More money... = more staff so essentially... my idea would still work...
    Noob! Thread closed.
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by Nullvoid
    ..or at the very least brought to a stable state.

AGREED!

Quote Originally Posted by nobby

More money... = more staff so essentially... my idea would still work...
    I do agree btw. There are always a few who try it and are masochistic enough to put up with all the difficulties since the crack is so good

If that trickle of extra money would make a difference then great!
    Nullvoid // The Provider

ok ...

we should get started asap with lists and jobs to do !
    Noob! Thread closed.

I can eat alot of shit when it comes to NC. It's the best game I've ever experienced full stop. Sodd all content and bugs worried me not. I like many simply needed a decent pop to play with/shoot at.

Do something, anything to get higher pops and I'd pay again.

nc

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

I agree with the pop counts. With a decent pop count the game would rock ( and that it did.) The servers come alive and the game becomes rich and varied. This is created with a sizable population.

NC vs Dome is a tad boring, although it was part of the story line, which I think is to change when the next patch comes along. It does not really matter which faction I play in the Dome, because in general the politics are the same. Kill those NC scum.

I would are secet tunnels (well guarded) from the wastes into the Dome of York. The sewer system in the Dome ought to link up into a big drain in the wastelands.

Increasing the population is of course a good idea, and as higher population will bring more Neocron runners, which will increase population and so on ... ; if I were KK, I would try to raise the population or at least the feeling that the game is populated.

I have 2 ideas :
    - cheat a little bit on the x% of each server, on the server screen : when there is 40 people ingame, put 6% instead of 4
    - introduce the player shop system, in many other game, 70% of the population is afk, having a shop running, this would increase the feeling of a populated game and it has some advantages (going in every shops to find a good deal is funny, .... people will like it, it's not very hard to set up I hope)

Choose one or pick both of the idea
    I behave as a signature

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

Not wanting to rain on your parade, the servers already show % online instead of numbers in order to conceal the figure (not everyone realises its x10 that number).

Also, they are unable to introduce a player shop system, even though it was one of the two main selling points of Neocron 2 which we all paid for. The other one was item tracking, and that will never come either.

Having kept an eye on things in the last few weeks, I'm not even bothering to log in now as the game is essentially comatose until a new patch happens. Even then I fear its too late.

I'm gonna start Advertising Neocron...

I'm gonna be going on MMORPG.com and baboozling their forums with NC

Then I shall Bamboozle Gamespot with Neocron Joy

Any other suggestings where I can find a shitload of people?
    Noob! Thread closed.

i used to play counter strike and make a neocron spray paint. It was just the nc logo & web address then "Join the fight" or some thing like that . Just spray at the beginning of every game =0!!

i like ur thinking hog, and to think i just used to spray gay oap pr0n =/

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0
    Introduce the player shop system, in many other game, 70% of the population is afk, having a shop running, this would increase the feeling of a populated game and it has some advantages (going in every shops to find a good deal is funny, .... people will like it, it's not very hard to set up I hope)
    Well that was something was talked about in NC1 but... as i have heard somewhere around... lots of things can't be implemented 'coz of the lack of resources (coders and etc.) and 'coz of the actual code. As KK is really busy (seems to be) with it's new game i don't think so that something like that will happen so soon (maybe in the next 5 years if the game is still online ¬¬). But instead of implementing i would suggest the rewriting of the game client with a new game engine that would help to fix the lag issues... better compabilities with the new hardware/Operating system(S). THeir new game have good graphics if they could use this BP's game engine they can do whatever we ask... player shop, no zone sync, more population, less lag, and blahblahblah....

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast