Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Have you tried the new installer? It might be able to help solve your problem. Good luck!
    I actually was able to get in and create a character but the next time I started the game I was able to select between two servers but afyer about 5 seconds it just takes me back to select a server. It wont connect....any ideas? Its so much trouble with this game

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Which server did you choose?
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I had a problem today that I experienced before.
    I was playing Neocron fine yesterday. Today when I tried to login, I always crashed when the "character screen" should appear. (when I choose server, I crash when I click "next)

I managed to solve the problem by installing the game with the old installer.

Which also solve another problem I had : no more dimed desktop when I start Neocron Launcher.
    With the CE 2.2 installer, I always had to allow the program to be launched (because of unknown publisher I think).

I have windows 7 on both of my computers.
    I behave as a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0 View Post
    I had a problem today that I experienced before.
    I was playing Neocron fine yesterday. Today when I tried to login, I always crashed when the "character screen" should appear. (when I choose server, I crash when I click "next)

I managed to solve the problem by installing the game with the old installer.
    This sounds like your models.tmp file is corrupted. If you have the old install, try deleting models.tmp and see if it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0 View Post
    Which also solve another problem I had : no more dimed desktop when I start Neocron Launcher.
    With the CE 2.2 installer, I always had to allow the program to be launched (because of unknown publisher I think).

I have windows 7 on both of my computers.
    This normal. The CE 2.2 installer by default installs Neocron to run with Administrator privileges. This is to get around the issues that Neocron was written before Microsoft took security more seriously, as there are folders in the Neocron game folder that Neocron needs to write to.

You can install Neocron to run without Administrator privileges by unchecking the tickbox in the installer, but this isn't recommended and not supported unless you really know what you are doing.

In the future I hope to remove the need to run Neocron with Administrator privileges. However we need to make changes to Neocron first before this can happen.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Doesn't it already work fine without running as Administrator? I thought that was just for getting music to work and getting the game to run when it's installed in Program Files.

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Doesn't it already work fine without running as Administrator? I thought that was just for getting music to work and getting the game to run when it's installed in Program Files.
    The issue with game music not playing was fixed in patch 181. Before then you needed to run Neocron in XP-SP2/3 compatibility mode to get the music to play.

Before the new Neocron CE installer came along, a big support problem for the NST was users installing Neocron and the game failing to patch because the game didn't have write permissions in C:\Program Files. Also not all users had the C++ and the correct DirectX runtime libraries installed. The installer by default installs in C:\Games and with Administrator privileges to try and avoid any issues with lack of write permissions, and hopefully any future issues with permissions.

As I said above, you can install Neocron and run without needing Administrator privileges. If you consider yourself an expert user with your OS and PC, then feel free to run Neocron without Administrator privileges. However if you feel you are unsure, it's best to leave the installer set to the default options.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Snip
    As long as you install it to the default install folder (C:\Games) there isnt any need for admin privileges
    It was only a problem back, when the default install folder was in C:\program files\"something".
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Don't eat that yellow snow

I can report that NC #188 works fine on my Windows 8.1 64-bit system. No need to run it with Administrator rights, the game is installed under C:\Games and patching works, everything that requires writing to disk works. No need to set any kind of compatibility options for the game.

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

I want to confirm that win 7 professional 64bit (dual core cpu) run very well with NC. Simple installation and no errors.

Even the background music is playing which I missed on the other machine (win xp, 32bit).

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Have you tried the new installer? It might be able to help solve your problem. Good luck!
    I have
    also tried installing directx 9-11.0+
    and various packs
    Also checked .ini files if any weren't correct but they are.

Launched it
    but now i'm stuck on creating a new character
    I can click every profession
    but can't choose one?
    Last edited by kenpokiller; 14-02-15 at 03:19.

Okay carry on, i'm just an idiot who doesn't play with resolution much.

SEE YOU INGAME AND WATCH YER BELTSSSS

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678