Quote Originally Posted by BuFFoTheClown View Post
    the .exe I got from Fileplanet, Dome of York and Tech haven Network are corrupted. When I execute the file, I am greeted with a corrupt file warning and cannot go any further. I am currently dling the set up file from filefront.
    There is always the chance of large downloads going wrong.
    I can vouch for both the dome-of-york.com and techhaven.org mirrors generally being "ok".
    You may want to use a different client/software for downloading the client.

The 2.1 client will require a huge amount of patching - I would very strongly suggest you stick with a 2.2 client and the handful of patches required to get you up to #174.

errr, i honestly suggest using nc 2.1 for win 7, i still can't figure it out but i get less issues with that particular version compared to nc 2.2 installer.

Ok I thought I would give my tuppence worth here in case anyone is still having trouble with this...

After coming back last year to NC from an 8 year break, I continuously had trouble getting it running on Windows 7, although the task-cancelling method would sometimes work (albeit I never knew which task i needed to cancel). Eventually, about 11 months ago it just stopped working forever, and not a single suggestion in this thread worked. Nothing I ever cancelled in the task manager worked.

In the end, my hard drive died a month ago, and I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7, and just for kicks, I installed Neocron almost straight away. To my disappointment, exactly the same thing kept happening as before - it would never get past the epilepsy warning screen. I decided to give it one more go, and have finally got it working...

In the end, it seemed like my Logitech MOUSE & KEYBOARD SETTINGS were the cause of this particular problem at this time. All I have to do is shut down the logitech helper in the task bar (or task manager).

Sadly, I think the problem can be caused by a number of applications. Chrome doesn't seem to be the problem any more, but other things that may add layers to the user interface in some way seem to make it stop...

Anyway, I am having terrible sync problems now but that's another issue. I hope my post here might help at least one person who is still struggling...

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I had to get a new Notebook. It is running Windows 7.
    Installation happened fine, could not see any problems - but when I try to start up the game I see a window for half a second then it goes down again.
    The same happened when I tried to set the hardware configuration, so I guess its that window that makes the problem (for now) - any idea how to solve that or get around that?

I have already tried Compatibility mode for XP, Admin rights, running it as admin.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Don't eat that yellow snow

I'm running NC on Win8 that is running in a Parallels virtual machine on a Mac In order to get NC working I had to download this version of directx redistributable, the web installer kept erroring out for some reason.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8109

Run the downloaded package, when asked for directory where to extract type for example c:\directx. Launch the DXSetup.exe in c:\directx and the installation should succeed.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

It really was Direct X related. I could not imagine that the Hardware Config would fail because of this.
    I used some DX 9 Package I found via Search, but thats what made it work.
    Although, on my wifes and mine computer the first start made the Screen go pink, yellow whatever, with swirls and... looked like I had done drugs or something like that. But after a restart it worked fine. - Just as info if someone comes across that.
    Thanks.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

installed neo on win8 and nothing loads after the patch screen, anyone else having this issue

Don't eat that yellow snow

Nsomnia, you have to install the visual studio runtime as instructed in the loader screen and patch notes.

Hi, I have a very serious question....

Recently just installed neocron 2.2 client launcher onto my Laptop, Pavilion dv7 running Windows 7. Its a 2.8 ghz, 4 gig ram, dual pnemnon dual core processor...

Downloaded perfectly, installation was good, i *right click on the icon* open as admin, it loads the launcher, i click "play neocron now" and it says " Sending Version Request" than POOF the screen goes away and nothing happens.... I've double and triple checked that all security settings are open and not blocking and also my firewalls as well...

any suggestions? its making me flipping mad.

also tried compatibility mode on windows xp sp 2 and 3 and admin rights.

clientLblog
    Connected To IP:85.214.39.213 Port:8020

Sending version request.

Opening Internet Session...

Establishing FTP Connection...

Login successful.

Download complete, average download speed: 127.16 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 124.83 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 121.95 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 125.30 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 120.16 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 69.94 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 120.91 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 125.22 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 126.29 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 104.12 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 125.48 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 7.72 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 10.67 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 126.63 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 50.93 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 126.05 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 111.51 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 108.26 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 123.79 kB/s

Download complete, average download speed: 113.68 kB/s

Applying patches...

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.

Sending version request.
    Last edited by Hitman Mal; 16-01-13 at 05:06.

Default Same song, different day!

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    No, Vista doesn't want him to get back to it. I would recommend good old XP.

N
    Fast-forward to February 2013 ... Does anyone want an Asus laptop, running Vista 64, but won't run NC?

Hia, I'm trying to get the game to run on this setup.

Gateway
    Windows 7 Home SP 1
    64-bit Operating system
    ADM Phenom(TM) II N830 Triple Core Processor 2.1GHz
    3.7GB Ram (Available)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

So I feel I have enough power to run this wonderful game, but my issue is trying to get it to work.(Stated Captain Obvious) I downloaded three things so far trying to get it to work. Those being the installer and patches off of TechHaven.org and the installer from the official website.

So far I tried running the TechHaven.org installer. While it downloaded I surfed the fourms for problems so I installed it to C:\neocron (Neocron being a new folder I named to install it in) When it finished installing I went into the folder to place the patches and didn't see the 'patches' folder, so I created one and dropped it in. I ran the launcher and in only downloaded a few patches then installed them. Everything seemed good to go till the Fire nation attacked. The black, a windowed box of the game opened(stating Neocron - Beyond the Dome of York on the title bar), sat there for a moment, then closed. My first thought was security issues, so I shut down everything. Retried, same event. My next guess was to try giving it administrator settings. Failed. Ok..So I made a new folder in C:\, unchecked Read Only(along with all sub folders) then tried again. "Its not very effective..." AKA failed once more. I've read some people saying to run it in window mode but the Config Option menu from the Launcher doesn't give the option. Oh, I also tried compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 on both the launcher and the Client.exe with still no effect. Speaking of the Client.exe, I tried just running from that (since the game said it was fully patched/no issues from file checker) and it opened the black windowed box along with the Options menu from the launcher. I only changed from 800x600 to 1024x786 then hit ok. It sat for a moment and said I was missing "3d3x9_43.dll" so I downloaded the .dll and dropped it into the neocron2 folder. Now when I launch from the Launcher it goes from the windowed black box, to full screen, to closed. I went back to properties on my 'neocron' and 'neocron2' folders to ensure Read-Only was still unchecked. When I did the checkbox is a faded check. I unchecked it again, hit apply then ok, went directly back to it and it was a faded check again...Concern level = ?

I'm willing to fresh install from scratch and walkthru what I should do to get this to work so long as someone is willing to give me a guide. I still have the installer/patches from TechHaven.org & installer from the official, so its just a matter of knowing what to do.

So I found windowed mode...why it is in the resolution drop down bar is beyond me, but it didn't work either. Tried switching program file from C:\neocron\neocron2 to just C:\neocron2. Still nothing. Ensured I had full control of the file and tried de-checking the Read-Only again, still getting the faded checked box.
    Last edited by Arc Wrath; 24-02-13 at 18:59. Reason: Forgot video card/Spelling errors/Tried more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Mal View Post
    Game crashes on Launch

Make sure you can load: Configuration > Configure Hardware > And make sure you have a D3D9 Video Driver listed.
    If this loads, or fails to load, make sure you have up to date version of the following:
    DirectX - http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=35
    MS Visual C++ Redistributables - http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    If needs be, complete a clean removal of both, then re-install, making sure you install the 32-bit(x86) redistributables.
    Reboot PC, and try launching Neocron.

SO My Direct X was indeed updated, however the MS Visual C++ Redistributables wasn't apparently or something once i installed that, and tried it, it launched! thank god!!!!!!!!!!
    So it was my directX, should have guessed since it was crashing. Hopfully this post will be useful re-submitted here.

This is so frustrating! Ive decided to ge tback into Neocron. I am running:
    -Asus K53TA Laptop
    -AMD A6-3400M Quad Core 1.4 to 2.3ghz
    -8GB RAM
    -Crossfire ATI 6720G@ Video Card (ATI 6520 and 6650 combined)
    -Windows 7 64-Bit
    -Dual Monitor Setup off of ATI HDMI Output

I am using Neocron 2.2 Client. So far I have tried:
    -Downloaded latest Direct X
    -Latest C++ Runtime
    -Set both Launcher and Client.exe to run as admin
    -Set c:/neocron2 to all permissions
    -Set Launcher and Client.exe to all permissions
    -Disabled Firewall, Antivirus
    -Compatibility Mode XP SP2 and SP3

Initially, I am able to click "Launch Game" and it gives me a write protected error when patching. I got past that by again reeadjusting the permissions and admin settings. It will then fully patch but when I click Launch from the Launcher screen, a big black box appears and quickly disappears. I then will go back into Launcher and same thing will happen. Also, after the first time I try launching the game, the Hardware Config screen will no longer come up. It will open and quickly disappear.

Any suggestinos are GREATLY appreciated.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Have you tried the new installer? It might be able to help solve your problem. Good luck!
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

ima try this, if it dont work niddy your grounded for life !!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast