Quote Originally Posted by Chenoa
    Feel free to post Q&A or suggestions / solutions here to get Neocron working with Windows Vista.

btw: got a new computer last week, with Vista - no problems to start Neocron, works fine (Windows Firewall off, only the routerfirewall on).
    If you cant start Neocron, try to start it (with rightclick) as administrator.
    The only problem i have with vista is NO LOG FILE ARG i even reinstall 4 times tried to make the file and put it in there but it wont reccord. so all my important convo's on that comp are always lost

Santa "WantaFantaGrope" Boob Heavyporker's Avatar

This is aggravating beyond belief. Desktop compute died, had to install Neocron on laptop... with Vista.

At first, I could get on Neocron, log on characters, talk to others... but during the apartment debacle last weekend, I could not even turn around without the computer freezing up and requiring a manual reboot.

Now...

I can get on Neocron, I can log on to characters, I can even talk, and lately... even turn around and open doors.

I know I'm playing on an Admin account, I gave the neocron2 folder admin permissions... but what the hell?!?!?

At this point, Neocron is nothing more than an aggravating chat program.

I also had problem running NC2 on Vista, getting the "write protected" error and such. I gave admin access to the whole folder which worked...

Then i came across the error which said I had multiple files that were corrupted and to use file check. I used file check and it listed the errors, then it told me on neocrons next launch it would download the files which had the errors. The problem was i launched it, but it just kept giving me the error without downloading the corrupted files..

After further investigation, I found out I had to right click on the Client.exe inside the neocron folder and click on the "Compatibility" tab at the top. I then had to Check mark the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then change it to "Windows Xp Service pack 2"

I applyed then re-launched Neocron 2 which then allowed me to download the corrupted files, and load the game perfectly...

I have yet to turn the compatibility mode back to Windows Vista to see if i can still play the game. But atleast i can "Play" the game, even if it is running in XP service pack 2!

i'm running nc with wista business 64bit without to much problem (normal bugs from the client)

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam0469
    I have yet to turn the compatibility mode back to Windows Vista to see if i can still play the game. But atleast i can "Play" the game, even if it is running in XP service pack 2!
    While I've never had the issue you've had, you'll want to keep compatibility mode on to get in-game music anyways.

Watashi wa Neokuronjin

don't know if this has anything to do with vista, but i'm having some trouble...

When i click my mouse bouton to shoot, it shoot... graet ... but it never stops until i run out of ammo.

I tried different key bindings but does not seem to help, i had this problem on 2 different PC'c with different mouses.

The only thing that helps is using the keyboard instead of the mouse .... but thats a bit anoying.

I already contacted support and they said that the shoot and reload key binding can cause this problem and that i should use the keyboard instead of the mouse

Watashi wa Neokuronjin

Quote Originally Posted by Moustik
    don't know if this has anything to do with vista, but i'm having some trouble...

When i click my mouse bouton to shoot, it shoot... graet ... but it never stops until i run out of ammo.

I tried different key bindings but does not seem to help, i had this problem on 2 different PC'c with different mouses.

The only thing that helps is using the keyboard instead of the mouse .... but thats a bit anoying.

I already contacted support and they said that the shoot and reload key binding can cause this problem and that i should use the keyboard instead of the mouse
    Any ideas what could cause this problem ? I also have this problem with the default settings.

I'm having a bit of a Vista related issue, though I'm not exactly sure if Vista is the cause here or not.

I can't get Neocron to load on my laptop.
    Whenever I start it, I get past the startup video thing, and it just freezes on the loading screen.

I have tried running it as Administrator, I have checked the file integrity, I've copied a Neocron folder from another computer, and reinstalled Neocron in a different directory.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Change compatability mode?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

That doesn't seem to help either. =/

file check?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

I assume you mean the file integrity check, which I have tried. Seems to return fine.

Is your computer plugged in?

Not at the moment, right now it's on battery. =P

All I can think of is uninstall it, reinstall it in a new directory, set compatibility mode to windows xp, patch and then load it up.

If no joy, twiddle with the game settings.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast