I can't find drivers for my graphics card on there. =(

Drivers for the 9M don't appear to be there.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

-nevermind, no it doesn't-
    Last edited by CMaster; 14-08-08 at 01:44. Reason: WRONG!

Well, I found that there's a newer graphics driver for my laptop on the ASUS site, but that doesn't seem to have done anything.

Default Irony? Vista & Neocron...

So for the hell of it, I started the 1.78gb download of the NC2 client when I left for work this morning. I got home a little bit ago and attempted to install NC...

The .exe is on my desktop, downloaded from dome-of-york.com, and for the life of me, I cannot run it LOL

I've enabled Windows XP SP2 Compatibility, Unblocked it from Windows Defender... it simply just hangs explorer trying to run and I actually have to restart my machine. Finally, when I do that I see an error for a split second - something relating to a "File System Error" running the executable but it's too quick for me to read.

Am I missing something? I'm not re-downloading this damn file, lol - I have Tabula Rasa, City of Heroes, Diablo II, Quake 4, Doom 3, F.E.A.R., Oblivion, and half a dozen other games installed and working on this clean, 5 day old install of Vista, working fine. I'm hard pressed to believe it's my PC.

Yeah, it could be a corrupt download, but like I said, I'm not spending another day downloading NC.

1. Can you confirm that your home HDD (C:, I guess) has more than 3 gigs available for temp files?

2. Logged in as administrator?

3. followed this advice: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140582 (esp. #3) ?

I'm sure I've seen a checksum somewhere... if only I knew where.

oh.. and why people -especially those with a strong technical background- dont bother to download the smaller files is a mystery to me... they are up there for a reason

The download may not have completed correctly.

I'm not sure if this helps, but when I install it in Vista, when I first run the exe, it doesn't do anything. After a short while, one of the Vista security confirmation things comes up for it, and after you hit that, the installer comes up.

According to this google search, the md5 checksum is:
    b4bd8c8c432104fb8b1bc3f3b7f25f04

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Thread merged. Let's try and keep all the Vista questions/advice in one place.

N

/edit - where's the irony?
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Thread merged. Let's try and keep all the Vista questions/advice in one place.

N

/edit - where's the irony?
    I'm guessing that it's something like: Everyone wants him to get back to Neocron, but Neocron doesn't want him to get back to it.

Watashi wa Neokuronjin

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    The download may not have completed correctly.

I'm not sure if this helps, but when I install it in Vista, when I first run the exe, it doesn't do anything. After a short while, one of the Vista security confirmation things comes up for it, and after you hit that, the installer comes up.

According to this google search, the md5 checksum is:
    b4bd8c8c432104fb8b1bc3f3b7f25f04

Yeah had the same problem here, i downloaded NC then try to run the .exe file on my desktop but nothing happend, but i would say like 5 min later got a pop up from Vista asking me to allow the install.

So just double click on the .exe file , go make you a coffee, drink it and when you come back you should have a pop up on your screen

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I'm guessing that it's something like: Everyone wants him to get back to Neocron, but Neocron doesn't want him to get back to it.
    No, Vista doesn't want him to get back to it. I would recommend good old XP.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Oh by the way, I was able to find my restore disc. Neocron now runs on my laptop again, so I'll be staying ingame until the problem happens again.

It seems to have stopped working again. I'm 90% certain that the cause is a Windows update, because the 22nd was the last time that I was successfully ingame on this laptop. I tried uninstalling the updates, but Update for Microsoft Windows (KB937287) doesn't give me the option to uninstall it.

Any ideas? <=|

I too run neocron on my laptop with Vista and have had no problems.

What are the specs of your laptop?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

I tried with my antivirus off, that had no affect. My drivers are fully updated already.

The Neocron Offline Demo also seems to have the same issue.

Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz
    nVidia GeForce 9500M GS
    3GB memory
    Are you fully updated with all available updates? (Including the one specified?)

Yeah and you seem to have more memory than me. Before I installed Neocron on my laptop I checked this thread to see if there were probs. So I installed the game to a different directory just drive c: and set the compatability mode to xp. I think I manually donwloaded the patches from tech haven.org.

Had no problems with it.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast