Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I still haven't gotten it working, so if anyone has any ideas, I would still really appreciate some help. Especially since my desktop here isn't suited for running Neocron. (I only reactivated because of how well Neocron runs on my laptop compared to my desktop)

I have now also tried running it in windowed mode and in dx7.

Which version of vista you have, what is your hardware config, check that your drivers are updated! turn off antivirus, anti-spywares and try to run the demo... it might be a software messing with NC...

I tried with my antivirus off, that had no affect. My drivers are fully updated already.

The Neocron Offline Demo also seems to have the same issue.

Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz
    nVidia GeForce 9500M GS
    3GB memory

What do you think about a format and reinstall? it might resolve the problem... vista is kinda giving me headaches too but none related with NC...

I didn't get an install disc with my laptop. I suppose that I could acquire one via slightly less legal methods.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    I didn't get an install disc with my laptop. I suppose that I could acquire one via slightly less legal methods.
    ok, you should have a software from your laptop manufacturer called "backup" or something like that it should do a image in dvd/cd from your operating system with its pre-installed softwares. if you don't find that look at the rear of your laptop and look for the windows stamps with the key... call your laptop manufacturer and ask them a copy of your operating system in a dvd/cd... Don't give the key to them... In casse you can't get a copy from them call Micro$oft and tell then that you don't have you dvd/cd of windows and you need to format.... they will give you a website url in their you will have to asnwer some questions and some others things (don't remember). after all that (jezz i'm tired already) the only thing that you will pay it the mailing company that M$ will use to send to you your windows dvd/cd...

Cheers

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

i could have sworn i had already written a thread a million years ago with the solution...

anyways...

if you cant play neocron on your vista, then you have some options to try out.

1: run as administrator

still no luck?

2: disable user account control

still no luck?

3: disable the dep (data execution prevental)

if it doesnt work after this, then your install is corrupted, and you should remove and reinstall, because the game client will at this point have so many rights that if it wanted to it could get every tiny piece of information you have on your computer and send it to any and everyone in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    I tried with my antivirus off, that had no affect. My drivers are fully updated already.

The Neocron Offline Demo also seems to have the same issue.

Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz
    nVidia GeForce 9500M GS
    3GB memory
    Are you fully updated with all available updates? (Including the one specified?)

Yeah and you seem to have more memory than me. Before I installed Neocron on my laptop I checked this thread to see if there were probs. So I installed the game to a different directory just drive c: and set the compatability mode to xp. I think I manually donwloaded the patches from tech haven.org.

Had no problems with it.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    Yeah and you seem to have more memory than me. Before I installed Neocron on my laptop I checked this thread to see if there were probs. So I installed the game to a different directory just drive c: and set the compatability mode to xp. I think I manually donwloaded the patches from tech haven.org.

Had no problems with it.
    There's no need to manually download updates with what you've already done.

Thanks for your contribution Rob.

Also, whatever my issue with Vista was is now irrelevant, since apparently it only affects me and I'm now running a different shitty excuse for an operating system. ò_ó
    Thanks to everyone for trying to help.