I'm using the ATI/AMD Drivers downloaded from ATI.

Playing Neocron since Beta 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Moza
    Distro?

Quote Originally Posted by Moza
    so amd blob..... weird that you are having such OpenGL issue..... well have to say that the catalyst driver are a mess... and the latest gallioum3d driver for that 6870 have not the perfect support yet.

some times the distro customize the driver package.... you might check if you have the non-free repo enable on package manager...

I have a little Problem with NC on Linux...

I have Sound but no Music.. What can i do to fix that ?

Thanks

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
    I have a little Problem with NC on Linux...
    I have Sound but no Music.. What can i do to fix that ?
    Thanks
    Hi Zuul,

If you have sound effects but no music then I should think this is related to Neocron configuration and not Linux audio subsystem.

Please check in Neocron Sound configuration that the music is muted or the volume level is too low (I think this is usually accessible somewhere at the login screen).

Regards, z

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    Hi Zuul,

If you have sound effects but no music then I should think this is related to Neocron configuration and not Linux audio subsystem.

Please check in Neocron Sound configuration that the music is muted or the volume level is too low (I think this is usually accessible somewhere at the login screen).

Regards, z
    That is incorrect, its a problem with windows 7 and some sound cards, so Zuul, you need to go into the wine configuration and select run as windows xp.

/edit the game runs better in the windows 7 though, so if you can live with out the music then that will be your best option, to run as windows 7 imo, but this is linux we are talking about, neocron tends to run better in linux.

Hi all,

I checked both and Sound and Musik are on, and i'm already on Windows XP. I use the Wine Version 1.2.2
    In Audio, i'm using ALSA Driver, Direct Sound : Emulation, Rate 44100, Bit: 16

Hi all,

I checked both and Sound and Musik are on, and i'm already on Windows XP. I use the Wine Version 1.2.2
    In Audio, i'm using ALSA Driver, Direct Sound : Emulation, Rate 44100, Bit: 16
    What distro are you using? Can you try using pulseaudio instead of ALSA?

I'm actually not sure if it would make a difference, nor am I a linux guru.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Apologies to have misled. It did not occur to me that someone would use wine set to win7 - I'm still using winXP when I do.

What distro are you using? Can you try using pulseaudio instead of ALSA?
    What ist Distro ? and how can i select Pulseaudio ?

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    Apologies to have misled. It did not occur to me that someone would use wine set to win7 - I'm still using winXP when I do.
    That's ok, I not aware the default is XP since its been a while since I played neocron under wine

What ist Distro ? and how can i select Pulseaudio ?
    Distro = distribution, so that means ubuntu, mint, Debian, Fedora. The last time I played neocron in linux I used mint, I can't remember if I had music working, but I always turn the music off. Anyway, I have an old creative XF-I extreme gamer card and mint installed pulseaudio if I remember correctly.

I'd suggest playing around with the sound drivers/settings in wine configuration as neocron probably does not like the one you're currently using.

I don't know if I've ever gotten the music to work in Neocron under Wine. My only suggestion is to use PlayOnLinux to try running it with different versions of Wine.
    The fact that it needs to be run as Administrator in Windows Vista/7 makes me wonder if it's a permissions issue..

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    I don't know if I've ever gotten the music to work in Neocron under Wine. My only suggestion is to use PlayOnLinux to try running it with different versions of Wine.
    The fact that it needs to be run as Administrator in Windows Vista/7 makes me wonder if it's a permissions issue..
    I think I did get it to work once, I'm actually pretty sure I did, but this was years ago and I can't remember what I did, it would have been using unbuntu.

Actually when I think about it, it was changing the audio driver in wine, some of them did not work at all, even for just sound but I'm pretty sure I found one that enabled music, but after that I got bored of the music and just disabled it and switched to playing mp3's etc.

/edit when I can be arsed I will reinstall linux and work it out if possible, I remember the last time I did a linux/neocron install it was not same as the wiki, need to do certain things...

/edit2 the only thing preventing me from using Linux as a primary OS is the fact it still fails in music production, even with DSSI-VST some of my favourite windows VST refuse to work, therefore I refuse to use linux.
    Last edited by LiL T; 26-09-12 at 02:33.

Just an update here guys. The new Wine versions (1.5.30+) don't seem to have as many problems with Neocron as older releases. Running NC on Xubuntu without any problems.

Playing Neocron since Beta 3...