Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm alergic to Stupid....

Default An open letter to KK

You are Destroying Neocron.

Currently there are only 2 options left for leveling, Rifles and Cannons.

Unless you have a big team, that's it, nothing else. And big teams with similar rank are HARD to come by when the average server pop while I'm on is 2-3%. Most of those AFK idling -SI off somewhere...

I haven't seen a single Mele weapon being weilded since the release of 2.2. I see the occasional sword on a Monks back for decoration though....

Pistols on a leveling PE or Spy? All but gone. Ocasionally one in Regeants, but no where else.

Drones as of today? Completely useless for anything but PvP.

I haven't seen a single low rank PPU leveling since 2.2's release. APU's are almost as rare but again, if you do see one, it's in Regeants.

There's nothing left.

All those newbies and Vet's who came back to check out 2.2.

They're gone aren't they?

They came, they saw, they grimmaced at how harsh and "un fun" the game had become and left didn't they? Server pops don't lie...

If you are intentionally trying to drive off as many players as possible so you don't feel so guilty when you pull the plug on the servers, you are doing a fine job. A fine job indeed.

Neocron has some of the best PVP available period. Everyone in the online gaming community know it too. But yet there are only a few score accounts still active.

Have you considered asking yourself why?

Hmm.

I saw a melee tank kill a HC tank (A good one too...) with a POB yesterday...wasnt for lack of trying from the HC tank either. Ion Cannon and Ravager...and the melee did damn good.

Drones need to be unfucked. NOW.
    pistols need some love balancing wise, and melee definetly needs more balancing. (I forgot to mention the melee tank was doing about 37 damage a swing to the other tank...with a top-of-the-line rare melee wep.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc One
    You are Destroying Neocron. I agree.

Currently there are only 2 options left for leveling, Rifles and Cannons.

Unless you have a big team, that's it, nothing else. And big teams with similar rank are HARD to come by when the average server pop while I'm on is 2-3%. Most of those AFK idling -SI off somewhere. I presume you mean negative SL there, but in general, most don't idle it off, as they SL exploit instead, much faster. Reakktor don't seem to be trying to do anything about it, since they went out of their way to make SL exploiting illegal. I thought I read that they removed the bonus to stop people from doing that, yet the bonus is still there, and I've seen people farming them often.

It's also difficult at the best of times to find a team these days, most people are capped. The only teaming being done is often in the truly non-levelling areas in order to complete quests or farm WoC discs.

I haven't seen a single Mele weapon being weilded since the release of 2.2. I see the occasional sword on a Monks back for decoration though. Aye, Why bother with MC when you have the choice of so many uber cannons (some of them being rather overpowered)?

Pistols on a leveling PE or Spy? All but gone. Ocasionally one in Regeants, but no where else. Same for rifles. People using rifles will often not bother LOMing until they get truly fed up, as I did. It's too slow and tedious because of most mobs pretty much instagibbing you, or bringing you to red health after a few hits - and that's taking into account best armour, capped constitution, and nanites. Only difference netweem pistols and rifles for levelling is that rifles allow you to stay out of a mobs range so it doesn't ravage you. Yet again I have to repeat the words, PvE is truly buggered. The population is too low to force teaming upon us.

Drones as of today? Completely useless for anything but PvP. I wouldn't quite say they're completely useless. There's far too many safespots in most sectors that everyone knows about, and therefore, take advantage of. So drones aren't completely useless.

I haven't seen a single low rank PPU leveling since 2.2's release. APU's are almost as rare but again, if you do see one, it's in Regeants. APU's indeed have been nerfed a bit too much, in that they've become rather boring in the process. They need to be made fun as well as balanced. The same could be said for Melee weapons (and even Pistols as I feel most just fire very slowly). The fun factor is definitely something that Reakktor don't seem to take into account.

There's nothing left.

All those newbies and Vet's who came back to check out 2.2. They're gone aren't they? Aye, I knew it would happen, and it has. The free time of 2.2 wasn't as bad as the 2.1 free time, but it brought the same results. Things being broken, or relevant items not even in-game (such as nanotools). 2.2 was released before it should have been, and we all said it at the time, but they didn't listen. Even though this is what Reakktor seems to think are high standards, common sense to me and living proof of the server population and server activity says otherwise. It just drives people away. If someone does actually test the tweaks made before things go retail, I'd love to know who they are, so I can plunge a knife into their eye socket.

They came, they saw, they grimmaced at how harsh and "un fun" the game had become and left didn't they? Server pops don't lie...

If you are intentionally trying to drive off as many players as possible so you don't feel so guilty when you pull the plug on the servers, you are doing a fine job. A fine job indeed.

Neocron has some of the best PVP available period. Everyone in the online gaming community know it too. But yet there are only a few score accounts still active. Yeah, had lots of fun PvP in the game over the years, admittedly none of that for me has been in the last 14 months.

Have you considered asking yourself why? I wish they would think about this question.

A lot of people I know still have inactive accounts and mine is only active because I won 6 months (which reminds me, I'll need to check if the mass of Reakktor should be thankful people like IceStorm have say 4 subscriptions constantly active while they rarely login or do anything with them. I'm sorry to say I just don't feel the small amount of money for a months Neocron subscription is worth spending anymore, and clearly others felt and do feel the same way.

I login, and actually have to spend the time to find people to kill, and as others often do, ask them where they may be on OOC. Fortunately the NCPD most wanted list and Outpost ownership changes let me know where some of the PvP is, but you can't kill the majority of neg SLers before they SL exploit because you get penalized yourself for doing so. Also, as of recently, a big handful of those are at the place I describe below. Great.

I had various ideas that would never get approved to help let us know where the PvP is, generate statistics, show nifty information, among other resourceful things. To those ideas, all I can say is "I wish", and "shame", as many others have done.

The majority of PvP is now at the Club Veronique zone lines which I find rather dull, as it's only a slight improvement upon the MB entrance. A mass of people running around inside a very small area, of which you can't often hit the person you intend to because of the people running around and getting in the way. Then everyone just zone whores into the safe zone before they die. OP fighting seems to have died down mostly because of ninja hacking and zergs - seems people have eventually begun to lose interest.
    Not much point trying to slightly advertise Neocron 2 on Xfire anymore in the form of idling (hooray for Xfire's primitive detection methods - yes, contrary to the insults I get in-game from stupid people, only a tiny fraction of my usage is real ). I haven't had any "What's Neocron? What's it like?" messages in a long while, so not much point continuing that any longer.

It just feels to me that despite the fun I've had over the years, Neocron is constantly one big disappointment, because of the way it either has or in most cases, hasn't progressed. Then there's the stream of bugs/issues being created that shouldn't even reach the retail servers before eventually being fixed (if at all). Reakktor seem to be too almighty and powerful to communicate to us mere earthlings in any useful form.

Speaking of mob instagibbing, I've just reinstalled UT, plus CS:S as well. Something to do between hunting for something else that's fun to play.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

haunted motorcycle Scanner Darkly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unreal
    Speaking of mob instagibbing, I've just reinstalled UT, plus CS:S as well. Something to do between hunting for something else that's fun to play.
    Have you tried STALKER? Lots of fun to be had there, especially when you take on a whole city worth of Duty. Make sure you drop a few ammo stashes before you do that

I really miss the "golden age" of NC, or even the good times I had in NC2, but I think I would only go back if the pop's were a lot higher. I still think this is the greatest MMO I've ever played (or any MP game over IP for that matter), but as many have realised it may not be possible to blow into its embers and make it blaze into its former glory (shoot me now).

Flights of Black Horsemen Nightwing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scanner Darkly
    I still think this is the greatest MMO I've ever played (or any MP game over IP for that matter), but as many have realised it may not be possible to blow into its embers and make it blaze into its former glory (shoot me now).

I do not believe that in any way shape or form. I DO believe that if KK would actually make the GAME fun again, instead of tedious (I won't go into this, many others have including myself and it has fallen on deaf ears) I believe that this game could easily take off again.

The first step I would do is:

Half all mobs damage:
    Half all Mobs Armor:
    Quarter the Droprate for Tech Parts
    Put all the mob Trophys back into the game
    Make new content with the current system, quests, events, etc... Make it so that they are not "Lets all run there and get insta-ganked by the spawned mobs".

After this is done, I would again revisit the ongoing "Balancing" and tweak things up/down as needed (I think almost everyone (even KK) know what needs to be looked at).

This would only be a start. As it stands, PvE is tedious, not hard, not fun, it is very tedious. PvP is broken on a couple levels that can be balanced as needed.

OR...

If they truely want to drive the rest of the population away, they only have a couple more things to do...

Nerf Rifle Spys
    Nerf HC Tanks.

Enough said, I logged on for a while last night but got depressed when the server was at 3% and 14 people were just standing around in TH doing nothing.
    Lucretia walks away...

How many people are playing because right at this instant they believe Neocron is a great game, as opposed to having some idea lodged in their mind of just how great it could be with a few tweaks here and there? For sure the pvp system is leaps and bounds ahead of any other mmorpg, but the way it mostly plays out on terra (zonewhoring deluxe) just makes a mockery of it.

If KK really have no plans to truly further develop and fix the game beyond minor cosmetic and balancing tweaks (fast and easy to achieve, yet no real sign of them yet?) I wish they'd just have the balls to pull the plug on the whole thing because Neocron as it stands currently is a piss-poor travesty of what it could and should have been.
    Nullvoid // The Provider

Another way to "save" the game could be to go the Runescape (*shudder*) route and offer two types of accounts: free (with some limits, and more importantly for KK, a robust ingame advertising system) and subscription accounts which would have none of the above.

It's quite likely that KK have considered this option and outright rejected it.

However, if this were to actually take place and this new method of playing NC for free was widely advertised on gaming sites it could lead to a win win situation. We would have many more players, which would make the existing playerbase happy (PVPers would never be short of people to kill - in theory) and could actually provide more revenue for KK, as I'm sure plenty of people would continue to subscribe at the already dirt cheap rate.

I know similar ideas have already been posted, ie "KK MAEK GMAE FREE!!1!", but if this were done sensibly it could make a real difference.

What do you think?

Well I personally think in game advertising could be done well and tastefully in Neocron. It has the perfect enviroment!

Lots of billboards and signs dominated by ingame faction adverts (add a few more and cycle IRL adverts onto them) and maybe throw a few adverts for IRL products/services into the PA announcements that permeate Neocron city?

The point is that if they went with the idea I mentioned, you could still choose not to have ANY advertising, but you'd have to pay for the priviledge as a subscriber. I don't think it would have to be done especially tastefully, as it would still work as an incentive to eventually subscribe if it annoys you too much.

But you are right, there are plenty of exisiting billboards and screens all around the game - could add advertising at OPs and GRs too for the free to play version.

Sorry, rambling a bit, that beer on empty stomach was a killer.

If they haven't answered my thread, they're not gonna answer yours. Such is the way of NC.
    Black Prophecron! You know it makes sense!

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serious_Sam
    If they haven't answered my thread, they're not gonna answer yours. Such is the way of NC.
    In feckin deed :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

the myth and the concept Richard Slade's Avatar

Why is it that you can't post closed letters instead?

Seriously, I think KK has better things to do than handle all your whining,
    just because you feel serious and special, that doesn't mean you ARE. Give it a rest and be constructive and unwhiny
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    If it was bland and politically correct it would be utter crap.

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Slade
    Why is it that you can't post closed letters instead?

Seriously, I think KK has better things to do than handle all your whining,
    just because you feel serious and special, that doesn't mean you ARE. Give it a rest and be constructive and unwhiny
    I slightly dissagree with you there, havoc has posted why he is a bit annoyed so this COULD of easily been a flame if he couldent of been arsed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Slade
    I think KK has better things to do than handle all your whining
    Ya, like satisfying their customers... Ah shit, nvm

Well why should there be accounts that don't have to see adverts? If everyone can see adverts then they can make more money and employ more people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast