Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeninja
    Bullshit. Or totally off topic remark at least.

Potentially increasing brain capabilities on processing visual data has absolutely nothing to do with the physical damages you take from spending half-a-life staring at dumb screens.

No need to be a scientist to admit it, that's just common sense.

DJ's just an old one-eyed cunt and you're on the same highway to hell, just deal with it fool.

Z
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17645473/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4849244.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2943280.stm

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6157035.html

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=2764

read up nubcake.

and besides what i wrote was:

According to more and more scientists, playing computer games is actually better for your eyes
    http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&q=...ames+eye&meta=

There are issues with computers (PCs that is) in a similar manner to watching telly in a dark room.

Though in a dark room the total amount of light entering the eye is lower, this fools the iris into opening further. This means that the amount of light being focussed on the focal point of the retina is a lot higher, which leads to damage to the cones in that region.

You generally spend time at a computer sitting much closer to the screen meaning your eye's are exposed to a lot more light.

But some visual defects are neural in nature....
    As Zen said, it's in the mind, the processing of information in a manner relevant to the task. Training your brain to use different/more of/interpret differently the vast amounts of data your eyes collect (most of which is discarded).

On a purely physical level it's generally a bad thing regarding damage to the retina or focussing muscles.

hmm, well, the theory works for me.

i've approximately spend about 9-10 hours per day infront of a computer for the last 12 years, and i still have flawless vision.

Quote Originally Posted by naimex
    i've approximately spend about 9-10 hours per day infront of a computer for the last 12 years
    How?
    Why?

haunted motorcycle Scanner Darkly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serious_Sam
    I've been wearing glasses since i was 8. Trust me, all they do at an opticians is put some crazy glasses on your face and change the lenses in each eye hole, asking "which one is clearer, 1 or 2?" For about 20 mins.

Bonus if its a hot lady, 'cause they get REALLY close to your face you swear they're about to kiss you.
    Like he said, don't sweat it. And if you think glasses make you look geeky just wear contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karandras
    How?
    Why?
    Because I shake on my hands, so I can't draw pretty without computer tools, and my handwriting is horrible.

It's easier to edit things you type, and I work with computers, and I play on them.

So when I draw pictures, write novels and poetry, chat, code websites, play games or work, I'm sitting at a computer.

I have had a bit of a lisp ever since I had a spitstone removed from a spitduct under my tongue, which is really annoying. So I generally prefer writing, to talking. But also because, I feel it's easier to be honest in writing, than in speech.

And a computer is a wonderful tool, you can do so many things with it.

And the majority of people I know in real life, are horrible people with no respect for anything or anyone but themselves and I find that type of behavior very sad.

I may be a nerd, I may not be a supermodel, I may not be so many other things.

But I'm just happy that I'm not like so many others.

I would rather be me as I am, than be someone who's only popular because they make other people feel bad.

I don't care about fashion, or style, or crap like that.

Because it's just utter bullshit, if the only way a person can feel special, is by buying something, wearing something, being something that others buy, wear, say and do. Then I truly pity them.

I'm me, because I've chosen and still choose to be me, and I am me, on my principles, my mentality, and my opinions.

I can actually add a little story to that.

I haven't gotten the jobs I applied for, because I've chosen to have long hair, because I've chosen to rather be good at what I do, than think about what others think of me.

And I get complimented for my work, and I get appreciation for helping the others, and my boss says that to me too.

But the reason I don't get a job, even though I do all that I am asked to do, and then some, is because she doesn't think I'm social enough in my spare time.

And in my opinion, my spare time is none of her business, my social activities are none of her business, not to mention she has absolutely no idea what I do. She bases her assumptions on a stereotype derived from her image of what the life is, of someone who prefers to enjoy delicious food, and computer games, instead of a life of eating crackers, and eating low-cal salad and drinking water.

If she wants to do that, fine let her, it's her decision, but I'd rather live my life, enjoy my life, however short it may be, than miss out on all the good things, just because someone else says it's good for you.

But no way in any lifetime, or any other timespan, will I have someone force their personal way of life on me.

Everyone wants to be someone else, even I want to be someone else sometimes, but it won't change a thing.

Everyone has problems, even those that try to hide it.

No matter who you are, what you do, what you think, say, wear or how you act, is going to let you live problemfree.

So if you think you are special, just because you have the newest outfit the same second it becomes in fashion, or know THE in-word as one of the first in the world... Think again. If you are acting like someone else. You are not special.

Want to be special? ... just be yourself.

I'm different, and I am damn proud of it.

Endnote:

@Karandas, please don't think this is directed at you in any way, it honestly isn't. It just took it's offspring in your questions and evolved in my mind. I quoted you because it was what initiated my inner monoloque.

Good post, in fact a great deal of it applies to me too, only my ambitions and and opinions differ from yours in many respects.

I used to play too many games myself, I got forced out of that by unfortunate circumstances and from a detached viewpoint I could see clearly what I wanted to do and what I'd have to do and give up to get there.

I understand why you choose that now, even if I wouldn't choose that myself. Oh and I don't have long hair either, its too damn thick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123