Quote Originally Posted by tarasm
    Whats considered hard?
    Did you really just ask that question?

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

The most up-to-date info was in the THN article yesterday - in short, I'm close, but need more free time to work on the bloody thing.

I'm working on self-cast psi shields now, so increasing your PPU, say, will reflect on your resist graphics if you've got a self-cast psi shield active.

My present issue is.. (figures chosen for easiness)

A TL3 deflector gets 100% dmg

This works out to a 2% shield (say) to force and pierce

A TL 64 Holy Deflector gets 100% damage

This works out to... what? TL64 is 21.33 x higher than TL3, so is the shield simply this much greater? The complexity appears to be in getting the dmg% figures, so I am assuming (eep) that the tricky bit is done. What's clear is 100% dmg on a TL64 shield is greater than 100% dmg on a TL3 shield. Is this linear?

So it's either something nice and neat, like: shield percent = dmg% * tl * some factor - in which case I'll try to get released this weekend...

or something horrible similar to the actual dmg calculation. In which case I'll have to spend weeks trying various measurements and testing, or reassess how I'm building psi shields

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    The most up-to-date info was in the THN article yesterday - in short, I'm close, but need more free time to work on the bloody thing.

I'm working on self-cast psi shields now, so increasing your PPU, say, will reflect on your resist graphics if you've got a self-cast psi shield active.

My present issue is.. (figures chosen for easiness)

A TL3 deflector gets 100% dmg

This works out to a 2% shield (say) to force and pierce

A TL 64 Holy Deflector gets 100% damage

This works out to... what? TL64 is 21.33 x higher than TL3, so is the shield simply this much greater? The complexity appears to be in getting the dmg% figures, so I am assuming (eep) that the tricky bit is done. What's clear is 100% dmg on a TL64 shield is greater than 100% dmg on a TL3 shield. Is this linear?

So it's either something nice and neat, like: shield percent = dmg% * tl * some factor - in which case I'll try to get released this weekend...

or something horrible similar to the actual dmg calculation. In which case I'll have to spend weeks trying various measurements and testing, or reassess how I'm building psi shields
    lol wat

Speak russian ffs...No one knows english

Thumbs up

Been playing a bit with Ver2 and it looks great mate!! Really really well done there. Very good update.
    The weapon additions are brilliant as are thing such as run speed% indicators etc.. do you know how to allow for HC weapon slow down ?? might be something worth adding to your very long list of future additions

Top job.

Why not ask for paypal optional contributions for your hard work mate?
    Am sure most people would buy you a beer!
    Titan: Cronos (HC Tank) Newb | Cronos- (Rifle Spy +Poke)

Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    Been playing a bit with Ver2 and it looks great mate!! Really really well done there. Very good update.
    The weapon additions are brilliant as are thing such as run speed% indicators etc.. do you know how to allow for HC weapon slow down ?? might be something worth adding to your very long list of future additions

Top job.

Why not ask for paypal optional contributions for your hard work mate?
    Am sure most people would buy you a beer!
    Heh, ty, I'm glad you like

I was doing this quietly, so as not to get inundated with "xyz doesn't work" as the version up there is a preview version, and not the finished article. You think V1 was shoddy when released, you should see V2 If anyone else is downloading it, please please please read the download page, and also the nag MessageBox on start up, to understand where I'm coming from with this preview

As for HC... that's a toughie. I'll have to think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    If anyone else is downloading it, please please please read the download page, and also the nag MessageBox on start up, to understand where I'm coming from with this preview

As for HC... that's a toughie. I'll have to think it through.
    Yeah, Np. I think the various disclaimer you got on the web page and the splash scrn cover that lol I got the message.

Re HC - well it seems ver2 does everything else thought you'd want it to be perfect!
    Titan: Cronos (HC Tank) Newb | Cronos- (Rifle Spy +Poke)

Default Something to be fixed

Very good work on the NSkill.

However, I have noticed something that was present in version 1 and is still presnt in version 2. Not all the tank melee power armours have athletics malus. In fact quite a few up to a certain tech level have a heavy combat malus. Tech Haven data base has the correct Power Armour stats.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    Very good work on the NSkill.

However, I have noticed something that was present in version 1 and is still presnt in version 2. Not all the tank melee power armours have athletics malus. In fact quite a few up to a certain tech level have a heavy combat malus. Tech Haven data base has the correct Power Armour stats.
    Cheers, I'll get on that now. For the 'proper' release, working with itemGFX, I'm able to get access to an authorised item listing. That means (shock horror) we may well have a full and correct items listing

NSkill? Complete items listing? Just doesn't feel right

Just cross reference stuff with the ones on the Tech Haven item DB. To their credit they do have a well comprised and accurate list of item stats.

You might also look into implementing the...babe suit armour.

Edit: Also you appear to have added two regant rifle PE PA's but no pistol PA. Might wanna get that one fixed.
    Last edited by Hell-demon; 28-05-08 at 16:52.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

There's also the Spy Regant PA that is missing, but it's also missing from the THN website as well.

Strom Alchofrolic [79/63] Rifle Spy on Terra
    Fates [46/46] PPU on Terra
    Narko [43/47] Rifle PE on Titan

i want to downlad it but its broken, can someone please repost a link !
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules - Nidhogg ]

Nah fuck it, turn it off Matanius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Ok, I hate arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Mess
    i want to downlad it but its broken, can someone please repost a link !
    Hmm, seems the ultimate network is having probs - that's where V1 was located. I'll fix that up later tonight, thanks.

There is a link that works for V2 on nskill.co.uk, on the download page. You'll just have to read the text to find it as there are issues you should know before using it

And thanks for the missing items chaps, I'll get those added asap

When do you think that NSkill will be updated and completed?

Is there an ETA?