Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    It's pretty and I wanted to test something out
    Hey it's the middle of the night here!

I think I'm gonna do it over and over until all my chars imps look like psi imps. hrhr

Last version does not launch on my PC, the previous one worked perfectly. I just replaced the Exe. Tried reinstalling and replacing the exe again, not working.

Tried only using the Exe alone, not working.
    Tried reinstalling dotnetfx2, not working.
    Tried using the 0.57 , worked.

Last versions simply does not work for me
    I'm on XP btw. No error message or anything, just does nothing when i open the program.

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

The new version is neat.

And if you ever want a proper german translation, feel free to pm or mail me and i'll translate anything you want.

Hi All,

This thread has now been moved into the Character Classes area of the Neocron forums after a short discussion with StevenJ. This thread now lives here and is stickied, since we've got some space in this forum, to make it easier to find for users of the tool and to allow StevenJ to collect more information to further develop it (i.e. you lot finding bugs for him to play with ).

Basically it was getting a bit lost in Community Talk.

The current version number and its release date can now be found in the thread title to make it easier to identify which version should be used, as well as this there is now some extra information in the original post which i will repeat here for convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
    Important Information

This thread has been moved to it's current location and stickied to allow easier access for both users of the tool and its developer, StevenJ.

Although this thread is now stickied we would like to remind you that this tool/application is a community driven and developed project and therefore is not supported or officially recommended by Reakktor Media GmbH

The current version of this tool will be listed in the thread title to assist in finding the correct version within this thread.

As always please feel free to use this forum area to discuss setups created in NSkill to keep this thread for reporting issues and discussing the tool itself.

Triv
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Good idea for the sticky.

Concerning my problem, I still havent figured out how to fix it, done many clean installs now with cleaned registry... no luck

Tried to launch it with firewall and antivirus off, still no luck.

Could anyone help me with this ? I don't have 0.5.7 anymore ... can't use Nskill now

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aenema
    Good idea for the sticky.

Concerning my problem, I still havent figured out how to fix it, done many clean installs now with cleaned registry... no luck

Tried to launch it with firewall and antivirus off, still no luck.

Could anyone help me with this ? I don't have 0.5.7 anymore ... can't use Nskill now
    Yeah, thanks Triv - I felt kinda evil bumping such an old thread

As for your problem aenema, I'm stumped as there are no error messages whatsoever. I'll continue thinking about it, and put some error detection in the initial start-up, but without any error message it's tricky.

I've got a few suggestions though.

Install to a new folder (someone had this issue before) or a flash drive.

Try downloading just the .exe to your desktop and running it

I don't hold much hope for these working, however in the meantime I put a link to the 0.5.7 version on

http://www.nskill.co.uk/download.aspx

So at least you can still use something.

And Kapow, a translation would be remarkably helpful - once I get some RL work out of the way (snowed under at the mo, hence getting up at 4am!) I'll give you a shout if that's ok?

Thanks a lot Steven.
    I already tried using only the Nskill.exe from desktop, tried again, still the same thing : doesnt launch but no error message.

However the 0.5.7 works flawlessly thanks !

By the way i'm on french Windows XP

Can't wait till I see the next update The updates are coming nicley every time !
    Terra - War of Seasons | Ukitakumuki | Dawn of War | Holotype | Silent Force | Gully
    Titan - Spooge Demon | Goon Demon | Ressi Demon | Psi Demon
    My Art Profile

[uneX] - Developer | Liasion Marc Hoover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carbonkink
    Can't wait till I see the next update The updates are coming nicley every time !
    Maybe... full automatic in the future ! =)

One thing that bugs me about NSkill is the sheer volume of information on display at once.

I'm rebuilding from the ground up as things stand, but I'm thinking about the user interface more right now.

Strikes me that, most of us know the NC interface very well, and that should perhaps be my starting point. But is this a bridge too far? Is this too gimmicky? (Is that even a bad thing for a game utility? My initial thought is God yes) Idea is, for those that run windowed mode NSkill docks neatly to the side, and you can easily swap things about. The little windows things can be dragged about and shown / hidden.

The dex/int/con things can pop out so can you view everything as you want... everything can be jumbled up so you view as little or as much as you like.

I'm absolutely torn 50/50 on this...

- edit

Taking the nc interface paradigm further, I could do away with the side bar altogether, and have a tiny strip across the top that represents the ingame one...
    Last edited by StevenJ; 22-01-08 at 19:04.

To be honist, I don't give a shit about how Nskill looks.

The thing I don't like about it is missing data.

There are still powerarmors missing.

Psi shield modeling isn't good enough (There should be a utility to let you put on say a holy shield like the old neoskiller) Hypotheticly even a dmg percent calculator for shields and weapons.

Some measure of runspeed, even if its comparative.

Hell psi pool isn't even shown.

A weapon's database like the old neoskiller would also be great.

Basicly, a new graphics interface isn't even close to the top of my nskill wishlist.

Tbh i like the easy, one window UI of the current NSkill.
    I think it's reducing usability to split it and present like they are in nc itself (NSkill is not the game, but help to create concept sheets, and should keep the one sheet style)

:edit:
    @Onero, we are trying to figure out as many of that info as possible for us. This is no easy job. For the damage% we have so far six influence factors for each weapon class, which makes figuring out a straight calculations quite difficult.

The uneX team is trying to help it's member StevenJ on this right now.
    Last edited by Mighty Max; 22-01-08 at 20:10.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Steven - oh god that's cluttered and space consuming and fiddely.
    Stick with something comparable to the way it is.

Onero - in the abscence of nskill somewho working out exactly how your individual skills convert into a damage absorbance percentage, just turn on damage logs, shield youself, and note how effective it is, then use nanites to simulate - it works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by onero S
    To be honist, I don't give a shit about how Nskill looks.

The thing I don't like about it is missing data.

There are still powerarmors missing.

Psi shield modeling isn't good enough (There should be a utility to let you put on say a holy shield like the old neoskiller) Hypotheticly even a dmg percent calculator for shields and weapons.

Some measure of runspeed, even if its comparative.

Hell psi pool isn't even shown.

A weapon's database like the old neoskiller would also be great.

Basicly, a new graphics interface isn't even close to the top of my nskill wishlist.
    It's all planned, perhaps I should have been clearer

In brief, the redesign is to look at including:

1) Weapon dmg/freq calculations

2) If 1) goes well, proper psi shield modelling

3) Auto update on the program itself, and item listings from a NC resource site

4) A character setup database

5) Including weapons (at the very least all rare and high end weapons) - some of which are already collected at present

Of course I want to include runspeed, jump height, stamina, psi pool, etc - but I simply don't have the data or calculations at present. The moment I have the figures, they'll be included. Personally, I suck at figuring out that kind of stuff

Part of the rebuild will entail examining the UI, as I'm not yet satisfied with it. I know people would want complete listings, calculations, etc. so plan to put those in as soon as we can.

- btw, you know you can add and edit items? Click Advanced - Extract to choose a language set to extract. You'll also notice a list of weps in there, ready for some of the above points

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    Tbh i like the easy, one window UI of the current NSkill.
    I think it's reducing usability to split it and present like they are in nc itself (NSkill is not the game, but help to create concept sheets, and should keep the one sheet style)
    Agreed. Simple is better, and the current NSkill single window is perfect. You could make the ability to spawn a window with the info from one tab in it if you wanted, but please keep the main window nice and neat and orderly like it is now.