Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Hoover
    Download Server for NSkill is back online, sorry for the interupts!

Get your local copy HERE
    Did you try this link?

It seems to me, that this is Nskill1 and not Nskill2

Nerf Me

Is this skiller still avaliable? Seems all the links are broken
    Self complementing quote from another suckup.

try searching the forums, there's been a bunch recently
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

does anyone still has the latest NSkill and would upload it? thanks!

I have nskill2, managed to find it a few weeks go using google, No idea if its the right version or if its an earlier beta of the one linked on the forums but t works and seems "relatively" accurate

This is the only one i found that seems to work, every other link i tried was broken
    Might be something THN would host on a more permanent basis?

http://jan.ridgex.net/neocron/NSkill/V2/
    Proud founding member of

Maas Neotek

First clan on Pluto

Chars: DronerElric, Kalim, Ciara, Elric Brtr, Elric Drvr

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Good God, what?!

Here you go

http://www.techhaven.org/component/o...tails/gid,156/

As requested by MrTrip, NSkillV2 has now got editable items.

Few notes/disclaimers...

Nothing else has changed here aside from a rudimentary cleanup. The version on the unex SVN is halfway through some changes (and I assume mothballed, so don't expect another release anytime soon, app-breaking bugs aside!), so this one is 0625f (f standing for forked, tyvm!)

In this neat little zip file is NSkillV2.exe and a couple of folders.

Edit those as you see fit (in short, see the first post for how to do this, and also readme.txt for a bit more on localization)

Also, please read the first post in this thread for more details if you're a NSkill virgin (in short again, expect... blips )

There's also an item backup archive in each folder too. As I'm truly very, very kind

The THN is duly thanked for being as awesome as ever <3

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    Good God, what?!

Here you go

http://www.techhaven.org/component/o...tails/gid,156/

As requested by MrTrip, NSkillV2 has now got editable items.

Few notes/disclaimers...

Nothing else has changed here aside from a rudimentary cleanup. The version on the unex SVN is halfway through some changes (and I assume mothballed, so don't expect another release anytime soon, app-breaking bugs aside!), so this one is 0625f (f standing for forked, tyvm!)

In this neat little zip file is NSkillV2.exe and a couple of folders.

Edit those as you see fit (in short, see the first post for how to do this, and also readme.txt for a bit more on localization)

Also, please read the first post in this thread for more details if you're a NSkill virgin (in short again, expect... blips )

There's also an item backup archive in each folder too. As I'm truly very, very kind

The THN is duly thanked for being as awesome as ever <3
    Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful!

It could be usable now :-)

MrTrip, if you do edit them, could you make the edited files available here as well?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    MrTrip, if you do edit them, could you make the edited files available here as well?
    ...and then I had an idea when I read this, and spoke to StevenJ at lunchtime about it.

Since it's likely there will be errors and missing items, I've created a Git repository at GitHub holding just the the English items data.

https://github.com/thn/nskill-items-data

Now if anyone want's to contribute or update the data, you can. All you have to do.

1. Signup to a Github account. (If you don't have one)
    2. Navigate and view the file you want at https://github.com/thn/nskill-items-data
    3. Click on "Fork and Edit file"
    4. Make the changes, and put a comment in the Commit message.
    5. Click on "Propose File Change"

If the changes look ok, we will accept your changes!

Then at regular points, someone (Maybe Steve or me!) will make a new Zip with the up-to-date items list. However, there is nothing to stop you downloading the items data yourself.

Also I'm hoping Steve will get a fix into NSkill that I suggested to resolve the problem with foreign number formats, so removing the need for 2 item folders.

Questions and comments.... post them here. (Or open an Issue on Github if you really want!)

Thank you StevenJ !

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    ... Now if anyone want's to contribute or update the data, you can. All you have to do...
    I made a change to MC5 Balistic Chip ... the malus goes to agility, not to weaponlore. Hope it worked out...

My changes i did to the implants.txt file won't be recognized by NSkill - i renamed the folder to "items" ... what am i doing wrong?

br

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    I made a change to MC5 Balistic Chip ... the malus goes to agility, not to weaponlore. Hope it worked out...

My changes i did to the implants.txt file won't be recognized by NSkill - i renamed the folder to "items" ... what am i doing wrong?

br
    Not seeing a pull request on GitHub with your changes. Also is the malus 5.18 or 5.19? (THN says it's 5.18 but the THN could be wrong!)

As for why it's not recognising the folder, I'll hand that one over to Steve.

Edit: Found your change, seems it didn't send a pull request - Can you got https://github.com/themorpheus2000/nskill-items-data and click on Pull Request.
    Last edited by Brammers; 21-03-12 at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    Can you got https://github.com/themorpheus2000/nskill-items-data and click on Pull Request.
    thx m8

i pulled it hard

btw, its minus 5,18 to agility (checked online within game)