Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Arrow 'NSkill' Character Setup Utility - Alpha Version: 0.6.12 (07/01/08)

#########################
    Important Information

This thread has been moved to it's current location and stickied to allow easier access for both users of the tool and its developer, StevenJ.

Although this thread is now stickied we would like to remind you that this tool/application is a community driven and developed project and therefore is not supported or officially recommended by Reakktor Media GmbH

The current version of this tool will be listed in the thread title to assist in finding the correct version within this thread.

#########################

Hoder has given me some instructions regarding who I should speak to to get the program authorised to use the images I've used, thanks Right now, with no frills images the program looks bad, but if I do get permission to use the graphics then it will be a 30 second change.

First, I'd like to explain a bit about how this damned program works, and some assumptions we've made. There will be bugs, this is a barely alpha release!

This is a .Net 2.0 project, you need the .Net 2.0 redist to run it. You can get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Body health is calculated using CMaster's study. People seem to think this is a good approximation for health < 75.

Resistances and resist psi follows the latest values I've seen on the forum. Again, this is only an approximation. The resist graph shows 36 resist values, 12 for each body zone - the larger, bolder figure shows the % you will get on normal damage, the faded, smaller number is this resist with resist psi factored in. Resist psi is modelled like another shield.

Editing Items

To edit items, after installation select "Advanced" then "Extract files"

This will extract all the internal text files (not xml, sorry ) to the folder in which the program is running. If you open up one of the .txt files, you will see it's quite straight-forward to add, delete or edit files. You must stick to the conventions Cream Cracker made:

Use pistolcombat not pistol-combat, p-c, etc.

Use riflecombat not rifle-combat, r-c, etc.

If in doubt, just check another imp that already exists for the token to use.

At present, only mainskills affect whether or not you can use an item! For example, an APU could use a PPU PA right now, regardless of their PPU specced. It's a simple fix and is expected very soon.

There will be omissions and mistakes (there are only two regant PAs in the listings so far, for example), so if you correct or add something, please paste the snippet from the .txt file here and I'll update the main listing

You must restart NSkill after editing items. It's probably best to just edit them with the program closed down

Using Implants, Bone Enforcements, Psi and Armour

By default, you can only use items you meet the requirements for. To change this, click "View" then untick "Only show items I can use" - please note that class restrictions still apply, you're never going to squeeze your tank's fat arse into a PPU PA. Right-click an empty implant, bone enforcement, psi buff or armour slot, and choose the item you want to use. The slot will brighten, and your stats will change. To remove an implant, double-click the brightened slot, and the imp will vanish.

Drugs are very straight-forward. A big long list, tick all the drugs you'd like to use.

Nanites work like this - please correct me if I'm wrong

1) Choose a percentage (set to 5.26% by default)

2) Pump yourself full of nanites (12 is the limit before ill effects?)

3) The maximum shield you can get per nanite-type is 25%?

If anyone has any other percentage figures for the other tools (Still not reactivated whilst I'm so busy) that would be great - I'd really like to be able to allow people to choose the tool based on their requirements.

Item failure
    The item failure mode is a little flawed at the moment. Instead of an item becoming disabled should a change mean you fail to meet its requirements, it just pops out totally, and you get a message to tell you. Because an item popping out changes your stats, you may end up with a chain of items popping out, and this part runs a little sluggishly right now. I'm going to work on making the failed item disabled but ready to work again once I've ironed out existing bugs.

Thanks to DJ and CMaster and Lifewaster for helping me with resist formula, and everyone who helped contribute to the various spreadsheets knocking around. I would name-check everyone who has contributed to the debate, but I really don't know, so I'm thanking people who gave me help personally :P

And I've gotta thank Andy / Cream Cracker for hours and hours of work on this. He's worked like a bastard doing lots of boring data collection and testing for this. His suggestions have largely shaped this entire project. Thanks

Please please PLEASE bear in mind this is a WIP, barely what you could even call an alpha release. I know some people will like this, some will hate it. It's nowhere near the finished article, but now it's somewhat useful, we feel it's time to get some feedback.

Download from here, you may need to register to get the file - I'm in a mad rush right now with a lot to do.

http://exlforums.jconserv.net/viewtopic.php?t=146

Cheers! And be gentle

(Oh, and please check out userinfo.txt once installed!)

/Edit

I know you can't type in numbers to the numeric fields. I'll look into it - right-click the mainskill number spinners to cap them
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 09-01-08 at 15:04. Reason: Added 'Important Information'

Looks much nicer with all the images

http://exlforums.jconserv.net/www/ex...les/nc_134.jpg
    http://exlforums.jconserv.net/www/ex...les/vr_668.jpg

These images are awaiting confirmation from senior management.
    Last edited by silent000; 28-04-07 at 14:44.

nice skiller BUT... found a hard bug

when i use ncpd special unit cpu and proto resi i got 502% resists :P

i think u missed some kommas there

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    nice skiller BUT... found a hard bug

when i use ncpd special unit cpu and proto resi i got 502% resists :P

i think u missed some kommas there
    Doh, that'll be me, I "fixed" that item earlier

If you click advanced - extract files, you'll be able to edit NSkill.implants.txt and correct it locally, I'm using my laptop atm and can't upload a new version

Thanks!

edit - I just tried that myself and didn't get a problem. Can you save your char and pm me he contents please, so I can see what went wrong?

Thanks!
    Last edited by StevenJ; 28-04-07 at 15:08.

no i mean:

looks scary... i got more than 5000 hlt :P

Hmm, wondering if this will be a localisation issue. The contents for that CPU are

start
    Area MC5 Ballistic CPU
    req str 100
    + str 5.23
    + heavycombat 10.46
    + transport 10.46
    + endurance 10.46
    + health 10.46
    - dex 1.73
    - weaponlore 5.19
    end

Whereas, if I'm not mistaken, a German version should have commas , instead of decimal points . ?

I just came across a problem with the T-Haven CPU, its not adding in the bonus construction value +9.91 to my skills, all ather bonuses for the t-haven cpu adds in just fine and the values in NSkill.implants.txt are fine also.

Oh, I just found more issues:

A problem under the CON skill, looks like Endurance, Resist Energy, Resist Xray, Resist Poison. When i put points into these skills the totals arent going up and the force, piersing, xray resist bonus from my assassin suit 5-11 arent being added into the skills total but are being calculated into the resist percentage chart below the skills.

Thinks thats about all ive found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehaven25
    Oh, I just found more issues:

A problem under the CON skill, looks like Endurance, Resist Energy, Resist Xray, Resist Poison. When i put points into these skills the totals arent going up and the force, piersing, xray resist bonus from my assassin suit 5-11 arent being added into the skills total but are being calculated into the resist percentage chart below the skills.

Thinks thats about all ive found so far.
    Cheers, I should have mentioned that you should download the updated nskill.exe from here:

http://www.nskill.co.uk/download.aspx

It's not quite a release-ready version, but the most accurate one with regards resist. You'll probably see the odd debug message here and there, that's about it.

Also, I just looked into the TH CPU - there's a spelling mistake in "construction" I've changed that for the next update, but you can edit the implants.txt file if you like.

With regards the PAs, the con bonuses given don't show on the main con points tab (i.e. implants + con points), as these are applied as a layer of armour rather than base figures. However the maluses they introduce do come from your base resist, so they are shown there. There's a subtle difference as to how this will end up affecting the end % result.

If you check the graph, there are two percentage figures - the topmost being the 'real' damage reduction, the second percent is with resist psi factored in, so is the damage reduction you'll get if the dmg type originates from a psi source. Below are two numbers, the first is your con resist as shown on the constitution tab, the second number is the total for con+imps+armour.

I'll admit it confusing, but seems to model what happens ingame quite accurately...

(It's been too long since I looked at NSkill, took me a while top figure this out )

Double posts are officially sexy now... Has anyone done any work on calculating dmg on lowtech weps, by the way? I figure that'd be a nice easy place to start... I really, really, really would love to have dmg calculated. This could then let me calculate self-cast psi shields...

Or would this make a backwards move towards more cloned setups? I guess someone will work it out sooner or later, so it should perhaps be common knowledge...

Btw, there are nskill setups knocking around the forums at http://exl.nskill.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=10 - you need to register to post new setups, make posts, but anyone can view them.

Wanted to try this out, since I'm trying to make a decent pistol spy, but alas, I cannot get the program to run at all.

I've tested it on both computers, one running vista and one with xp, same thing on both. I never even get a glimpse of the app itself, only a nice "Nskill V0.5 has stopped working." message...

Anyone dare to take a swing at why it's doing this? Yes, I have .net 2.0 installed.

Oh, some more info. This is from the Vista machine.

Problem Signature: CLR20r3, nskill.exe, 0.5.0.0, 46369fae, mscorlib, 2.0.0.0, 4536f11f, bd1, 59, System.FormatException
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2077
    Last edited by Proxy; 06-12-07 at 13:21.
    To be absolutely sure, you have to either know everything or nothing at all.

Default nskill2 bug

Hi mate... been playing with it... found a bug for you..

If you select some drugs and save the setup... you cant then un-set them.
    When you do.. it appears to unselect but.. the points dont unallocate.. and even if you save it or even save to a new file, when you reload the drugs are active again..

Hope that helps..

Rgds
    Titan: Cronos (HC Tank) Newb | Cronos- (Rifle Spy +Poke)

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    Hi mate... been playing with it... found a bug for you..

If you select some drugs and save the setup... you cant then un-set them.
    When you do.. it appears to unselect but.. the points dont unallocate.. and even if you save it or even save to a new file, when you reload the drugs are active again..

Hope that helps..

Rgds
    have you tested if this is only happening after you save.

do the drugs remove the points they gave if you create a new character, and then put drugs on him, then take the drugs off.

dot he drugs bonuses remove themselves then, or is it a general error with drugs not removing the bonuses when you remove the drugs?

ty - recreated the error. Will build a fix for it soon.

some drugs are missing as far as i can see:

- Iceflash CON:+4.00
    - Amphidextrine CON:+2.82
    - Amphidextrine Big Pack CON:+2.82
    - Kri'nakh Nightshade STR:+3.02 M‑C:+12.09 AGL:+12.09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast