Nah fuck it, turn it off Matanius's Avatar

Talking Should cities be made raidable?

I was thinking more along of the lines of KK maybe making it possible when they release 2.3 (which, yes, i know is miles off and 2.2 needs a lot of work). So this would probably be better off in the 'what next?' thread but i wanted to get a whole discussion on it.

I know this isn't my idea but wanted to see what people think of the idea. No flaming/whining or going OT please and any ideas as to how to the implement this and possible effects on the game would be great.

As for me, i've only been in the game about 2 months and still have my LE in so i don't really know much about how to implement it, whether it's a good idea, and what any possible effects might be . However the idea of it definitely appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Ok, I hate arguing.

Firstly, they kind of are raidable. It's just difficult due to the overwhelming amount of now-mercilessly hard NPCs.

All that needs to happen is for them to simply delete 90% of NPCs, leaving the majority of each city "Player-defended".

This would add an element to the game that has ALWAYS been missing. Also, why wait for 2.3?
    It would take one of the Devs about an hour wouldnt it?

Nah fuck it, turn it off Matanius's Avatar

lol i don't have a clue. that's why i was asking.

and i suggested 2.3 as i wasn't sure how much work would be needed (obviously depending on different peoples' opinions). Doesn't have to be then.

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Ok, I hate arguing.

Well, they are technically raidable, but as I say... The NPCs make it almost impossible for it to be an even battle.

I think overwhelming numbers (Warcraft-esque) would potentially do it... but this is NC, and we just need to get rid of those NPC's

i took a trip into NC yesterday with my spy and a spy buddy
    PP3 and PP2 are very nice for pvp. few guards around that can avoided easily and tbh they dont seem to hurt that much
    got hit once by one of those city guards with a plasma rifle and he only took off 100 health from my spy with a rather bad resist setup and no nanites running at that time.

but once you go near plaza the amount of guards just increases soooo much
    5 guards on each corner with a copbot patrol nearby ... its insane

imho remove most of the guards from all sectors except plaza 1 and maybe one or two of the via rosso sectors (since they r like the government part or neocron or whatever)
    and maybe add more shops/important stuff in the less secure sectors so ppl stop hiding in plaza 1

btw. for the love of god give us the ability to pull weapons in plaza 1.
    i stealthed in there a while ago after coming back to the game and why the hell do the copbots yell 'drop that weapon' when i try to pull my gun without being in line of sight of any copbot?
    just let us pull weapons everywhere but when you go into the agro radius + line of sight of a guard or copbot they ll yell 'drop that weapon' or spam warnings in chat. like in the old days if i remember correctly. where stormbots near the NC gates would go medieval on your ass if you waved a weapon in their face for too long
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

Quote Originally Posted by [F6]Knight
    i took a trip into NC yesterday with my spy and a spy buddy
    PP3 and PP2 are very nice for pvp.
    I've gone through plaza a few times. It's easy enough to get around but actually fighting there is an adventure to say the least.

I do think they should remove some of the guards, however they should remove more guards in certain areas. Make it so areas with less foot traffic are less guarded. That way there will be areas in the city that should be avoided, but for the most part it will still be safe.
    uh I'm cracky
    Monks are magical elves in cyberpunk clothing.

I stay in the canyons

read below
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

The core city zones shouldnt be raidable by small to middle groups.

This should be domain of bigger events including whole factions. Because the factions should be the ones which make the "big politics" in neocron/the dome rather then just another anarchist.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

encourage it. hqs are safezones so use them if the shit hits the fan and a raid team comes. i think it would add excitement in all fairness. i would love to raid doy for sure.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by awkward silence
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth). I want to be able to visit nc for nostalgia.
    Agreed PEs would finally be able to raid again.. as it is now, the stealth tool is just anoying

the guards in pepper aren't too bad. I was raiding NC with some other TG's and we killed one of the Screaming Horse guys, and they don't do too much damage. I haven't been to Plaza so i wouldn't know what It's like there, but i don't have any problem with the npc level being dropped and DoY is somewhat player defended, the other day some pro-cities came into the fa sector and were going around killing for SL, so R2K came and killed them, defending their sector. However, I think that KK should implement some goal to raiding cities, rather than going there, and waiting for some defenders to come kill you. I think that there should be something you can do, kill certain npc's for money and SL, raid and loot certain container for valuable items to sell for money? (I think there was an event like this a while ago where dome ppl could raid NC depots in the outzone?) overall I think cities should be definately more raidable than they are atm

Quote Originally Posted by Eneco
    the guards in pepper aren't too bad. I was raiding NC with some other TG's and we killed one of the Screaming Horse guys, and they don't do too much damage.
    Bit different when you're in P2 with potentially 6+ guards shooting you

Yeah a team can take down the screaming horse in pp3 to pp1 without much trouble, its just having to do it every 3 mins due to respawn gets kind of annoying.

I like the idea of money rewards for killing NPC's tho, say only anti's get rewards for wasting pro faction personnal like the BT director in via 1 kinda thing ( like 10 to 50k per hit ) and Pro's get money for wasting the anti faction peeps lurking around in the HQ sectors.

You could even add in a money reward for the peeps that come and kill the raider based off the amount of money that the raider has earnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink
    Yeah a team can take down the screaming horse in pp3 to pp1 without much trouble, its just having to do it every 3 mins due to respawn gets kind of annoying.

I like the idea of money rewards for killing NPC's tho, say only anti's get rewards for wasting pro faction personnal like the BT director in via 1 kinda thing ( like 10 to 50k per hit ) and Pro's get money for wasting the anti faction peeps lurking around in the HQ sectors.

You could even add in a money reward for the peeps that come and kill the raider based off the amount of money that the raider has earnt.
    yes, but in pepper, you only kill the guard who are chasing you around and leaving their guarding spot, then they respawn and you dont get the aggro again. (if you do go get them to chase you again, I'd advise just not doing that next time )

well, it is a bit hard for anti's to get to via 1, and very easy for procities to get to the pepper HQ's so i think there should be a bit of a reconsideration done in this aspect. and I mean not just money and SL from mob kills, but extra money from killing enemy faction nps's. (you could get missions to kill enemy faction npc's from a citycom maybe?)

and also I still like the idea of "raiding" in where you go loot someplace and run off with valuable stuff

Casius / lore

yessssssssssssssssssss some zones like doy center and plaza 1 should be safe

but i think the outlying areas like pepper park etc should be raidable and inner working also with big teams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast