NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface
    Problem solved.

Fact is probably everyone who played NC1 would admit NC1 was better. Oh and people are still complaining the same if not more than ever, KK needs to try harder.
    2 thumbs up!
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    People complained incessantly when NC1 was around. Believe me, I was there.

N
    It's a fact NC players like to moan. They moaned when NC2 was delayed, they moaned when it was released, they moaned just for the hell of it, then they moaned when 2.1 was released, and now with 2.2.

They'd still moan if NC1 was brought back (although they'd stop moaning about wanting NC1 back atleast).

Arrow

It's also a fact that the reasons behind the moaning are valid and/or have remained valid for years, which is why it's usually the same old kind of moaning. There's also a lot more things to moan about thanks to 2.2 and the mass of things that are completely ballsed up.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

Yea, you cant say there wasnt a ton of whining during NC1, i was there too, and it was bad, perhaps moreso cause back then more peeps played too.

some complaints are valid, others are opinionated after a bad day or a crappy op loss..
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unreal
    It's also a fact that the reasons behind the moaning are valid and/or have remained valid for years, which is why it's usually the same old kind of moaning. There's also a lot more things to moan about thanks to 2.2 and the mass of things that are completely ballsed up.
    Naturally I expected your input (although I expected the post to go on longer and contain more veiled insults). My point, however, was not that the complaints weren't justified, but that they were just as prevalent, if not more so, back then than they are today.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Arrow

Naturally. Might as well not disappoint you with another fairly long post.

Clearly a fair amount of improvements have been made since Neocron 1 and I don't disagree with that, even though a handful are probably due to the population decrease rather than bugfixing. We've all observed or experienced increasing instability with larger numbers. But the problems or changes that aren't an improvement are usually what stay on the surface of most discussions. Which in turn accounts for the majority of new threads and posts. Neocron wasn't nicknamed Bug-o-Cron by the community for nothing.

Since this is the second time you've decided to unleash that "veiled insults" comment, it's not very pleasing that you still think that about the majority of my posts (and assumingly most other peoples posts of the same topic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    No we don't. We are working hard to fix bugs. Don't think for a minute that we disregard anything on these forums.

N
    I assume your statement from the other day generally goes out the window if that's how most posts are judged? It seems you're able to pass on the message of "Great Job" with ease, but never a message that's twice as important and complained about so often?

I personally would rather talk about problems to try and get them noticed/resolved instead of just ignoring them which is generally the option most other people have chosen. All this means is important things are either missed or not brought up. Most of the community knew it was too soon for 2.2 to be moved to retail but instead returning/paying customers are now putting up with disruptions on par with 2.1.

Again everything tumbles down to the extreme lack of communication and attitude. Yet another issue that is repeated time and time again by the community. If Reakktor would just reply to us with a simple "Hey there, sorry, we're working on this, we're trying to fix that" or respond with "We've decided to do this, you should expect a few teething problems of this nature" it would make a big difference. It would be plenty enough of a reason for most of us to put a sock in it, as we know what's going on, and that Reakktor are indeed paying attention.

Instead of something that would be better for everyone, we always have to keep repeating ourselves until eventually an answer is prized from Reakktors mouth. The most up to date example being the implant condition problem currently being experienced on the servers.

Just any form of official response either in a stickied thread or just a reply in the originating problem threads would be a huge improvement on what we've had to put up with all this time. You would typically only need to post in one thread (which would preferably be some stickied thread) as all us regulars on the forum would be quick enough to repeat and/or quote directly what was said on the matter to everyone else who begins to ask about it.

What does it take to be listened and then replied to and given some common courtesy? A cash-in-hand bribe? I only ever want Neocron to stay alive and kicking for as long as possible, just like you or anyone else does. Why do you think I bother posting in the first place? I don't sit here trying to think of ways to insult Reakktor while not breaking the forum rules.

I wouldn't spend time on various personal Neocron related projects either, one or two of which I spoke to you about before Christmas. For one of my other ideas that I just started working on it's taken me about 5 hours over the last couple of days to recreate the world map as rob444 unfortunately knows. I've been giving him running updates on how creating path after path is incredibly boring, which is why it's taken so long.

Apparantly there's an IRC server for all the helpers and staff to communicate with one another presumably among other things, so why is it so difficult to speak about the things that need to be discussed and improved upon? Why does everything take such a long time?

Using IRC as an example, it takes just under 2 seconds for me to type /join #neocron_private and a further 3 seconds to type /mode #neocron_private +ntspk somekey (assuming a bit of privacy is needed). From there it doesn't take much effort to babble away about things. I really hope "written procedures" or other time wasting things aren't required to ask a developer what he's up to, and whether he can answer a basic question. It's way more than is neccessary.

To sum it up rather shortly: Do you think you could try and speak to them about communicating with us a bit more? It never appears as though we're being listened to in general.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

I've been with NC on and off since open beta, and i've seen the drastic changes they've made over the years. The thing we all have to remember is, that KK isn't a big company with lots of funding. The main problem with NC is NC itself, with all these updates and patches, its like building a castle on a beach. As we saw with the test sever to retail jump - terribly unstable. I agree that devs should have some forum contact to keep us in the loop, because the size of NC's community makes it almost seem like we're a part of the whole creation process, and in a sense, we are. Of course 2.2 was a disapointment to me cuz the bugs seemed to target everything I liked doing (farming, solo leveling), so I simply chose not to play it until I see some patches implemented that allows me to be able to play the game. We all love NC, admit it, but we would all love it more if we were given forum updates on the progress of the patches, so our impatience can at least be sedated for a time.

EDIT: To be fair we did recieve some notification of the LE problem, and even the apology unreal was wanting

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash
    We are aware of this issue and will offer a problem solution as soon as possible. Unfortunately there is no instant fix possible. We apologise for this and ask for your patience.
    Last edited by Archtemplar; 23-03-07 at 05:23.

this threads getting derailed big time. there were more complaints in nc1 than now probably (i cant remember that well although there were some good forum fights. vetterox vs original monk was always hilarious or qd talking down to the world.) There were more players back then on the forum who bitched and whined than there are now i reckon. theres a few spammers some disgruntled vets and alot of people who to me seem fairly neutral in all of this and just want a good game. not a bad community. lol.

For the record i remember Nids announcement post that he was to be the new moderator on the boards. back when he had the copbot avatar. seems like a long time ago now. Cant remember who posted the thread though. maybe it was thanatos...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I played NC1. I played NC2. I played NC2.1 And here i am playing 2.2.
    I like features that came with 2.2. Monks now have to aim, PPUed teams are no longer in god mode. If i run to PPU and tank, i just rush on with my PE and tank. Droners are overpowered now, but all other classes are quite nice. Exept some high end weapons. Ionic Cannon, beretta, Freeman.. They are too easy to get in use, compared to their damage. APU's could have little higher freq. But im not complaining.
    Im just sitting here, waiting for hotfix, that should have been placed immediatly after the VERY known and abused bug that is in game now. I reported it yesteday and they claimed that they know it, but still nothing has happening. THAT is what makes me sad.. Sometimes it feels like KK does not care.. I know they do, atleast on some level..

We are losing our economy ( last rips of it )... GIVE US HOTFIX!!

Carebearing since early retail Dezh's Avatar

1.Mob Difficulty: I agree with you totally.

2.Amount of Bugs: Always been, probably always will be.

3.IMP nerf: I think IMPs are fine now, I don't see any point on ppl with 90 base dex using FL or 90 str base using DB, plus PEs don't really need to use any dex100+ weapons to kill ppl :P

4.Laser weapons: I haven't yet seen any problems against a certain weapon type(of course there is certain weapons but no TYPES)

5.Drones: Amen to your opinion, Agree.

6.Money: It is a problem, but it's a good idea IMHO to try and remove some money of the world, I'd like 1M prices more on certain items than 10M, even though it could be harder to get that 1M than 10M before.

7.Drone Reticle: No opinion.

8.Shields on zoning: Agree, totally agree. It's just funneh with PPu to zone somewhere and then crash, you're back and you've been killed by bunch of nibs

9.Running out of money: Don't agree.
    Finnish Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    this threads getting derailed big time. there were more complaints in nc1 than now probably (i cant remember that well although there were some good forum fights. vetterox vs original monk was always hilarious or qd talking down to the world.) There were more players back then on the forum who bitched and whined than there are now i reckon. theres a few spammers some disgruntled vets and alot of people who to me seem fairly neutral in all of this and just want a good game. not a bad community. lol.

For the record i remember Nids announcement post that he was to be the new moderator on the boards. back when he had the copbot avatar. seems like a long time ago now. Cant remember who posted the thread though. maybe it was thanatos...
    I paid less attention to the forums and more attention to pwning nubs :P Until recently this month ive started visiting and posting on the forums...hence why i barely got any posts -edit- and seeing how im here on the forums every day now, im honestly starting to get tired of your guy's bitching...(not u doc) whether its a valid point or not...u guys are like a broken record. U know positive comments help alot more than the negative ones. Anywhoey at least some of u numbnutz can play the fuckin game unlike me i gotta watch from the sidelines on this forum, so stfu...
    Last edited by Coid; 23-03-07 at 12:46.
    Remembering - Skuld,Slutsumi,Doob,Fw,Crunchy,Bad Ass and other ncat members who arent here with us today

haunted motorcycle Scanner Darkly's Avatar

Dear trolls,

have a read through the archived nc1 forums where there only difference is that there are a lot more (now banned) people bitching and stop posting in yet another bi-monthly deja vu thread.

Even better, if you were really in NC1, find one of your own dissatisfied posts and remind yourself of the reality of NC1 - buggier, smaller but with more players (the only significant thing that was better in NC1 IMHO)

Toodles,
    Last edited by Scanner Darkly; 24-03-07 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanner Darkly
    Dear trolls,

have a read through the archived nc1 forums where there only difference is that there are a lot more (now banned) people bitching and stop posting in yet another bi-monthly deja vu thread.

Even better, if you were really in NC1, find one of your own dissatisfied posts and remind yourself of the reality of NC1 - buggier, smaller but with more players (the only significant thing that was better in NC1 IMHO)

Toodles,
    Actually, if they, instead the whine kept busy fixing their (most) mistaken setups and finally play the game, they would realize that the game is indeed a lot better than it used to be be it nc1, 2 or 2.1. Monk power is gone, para and DB is gone, xbow pes are goners, it's pure skill now. Bugs? many there's no question, but we knew they released 2.2 a bit earlier than what they should. That doesnt mean the game cannot be played..

DB is not gone, a holy DB on a setup ppu, still is evil, but at least PE's dont abuse it anymore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast